Nix enters the portal

AUreo

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What does this decision communicate?  Bo does not have faith in the current AU football program (coaches, roster, whatever) to help him be successful in 2022.  He's a legacy, biggest AU fan you can find, and would be the frontrunner to start.  That's sad.

Tank could be next + we will know more on Wednesday (recruiting)...

6 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I hate to give a “sky is falling post” because I’m usually not that guy. But this feels bad. Bo was about as orange and blue as it gets. If he’s leaving, he clearly has no confidence in this staff.

Or he checked some Holden Geriner film. :poke:

Why are some of you all acting like Russell Wilson just entered the transfer portal?! Kid made some miraculously plays over the years and made some strides this year but he wasn't a world beater. 

Harsin will get someone in to compete. Is what it is. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Welp, some of y'all got your wish. Now what?

No one wished Bo gone until he got all vague and non committal after the IB. Once that was done then yes, some wanted him to make a decision. Everyone wants Auburn to improve. If Bo is happy leaving then goodbye and good luck to him. He played hard but effort isn't why he struggled at times. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We have a 4 star freshman on the roster right now and another 4 star coming in.  We're gonna be OK.

Bo was a 5-star FWIW

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Bring in a better QB. If Harsin is the right guy, that's what he will do. If not ...

If not, we're playing a former LSU third stringer, or a true sophomore who's yet to take a college snap, or a true freshman. Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

How about just the fact that the talent on the team AKA Gus recruited no o linemen or WRs made him realize he would be better somewhere else…. Now watch him go play for Gus hahahaa 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Tank could be next + we will know more on Wednesday (recruiting)...

Word curses are not allowed.  Get thee behind me..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So that's an interesting angle.  We have the following scenarios:

1. Lost faith in staff to build a competent team

2. Told he has to compete and doesn't want to, at least not at AU.

3. Is ready for a fresh start because he's been hurt by the AU fanbase too much.

Any other possibilities?

2a. would be someone under-the-table tampering (like UCF saying "if you come here, you get to be with ya boy and start, guaranteed") - not saying I have evidence, but it's on the list of possibilities.

4, sort of a spin on 1, would be that he wants to go somewhere and get a ring, even if he doesn't start, so he's looking to transfer to somewhere where he has that shot.

• Like 1

I can imagine this was a tough decision for Bo based on challenging conversations with his family and coaching. Growing up bleeding Orange and Blue it's tough to see anything beyond AU; however, over time the decision became grounded in common sense. I believe Bo doesn't have enough time left to go through a Harsin rebuild while proving himself to the next level. 

I wish him the best and for giving his all. 

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

Bo was a 5-star FWIW

If not, we're playing a former LSU third stringer, or a true sophomore who's yet to take a college snap, or a true freshman. Yikes.

I think Bo could have been great if he had a better line. That was on Gus… and is now on Harsin to correct. And I agree- all of those options scare me. They may be great but we need an OL. 

Why's it gotta be that Bo has zero confidence in the staff or program? Let's not forget that there's a ton of factors in these things, including the head coach. By all accounts, they got along well. Doesn't mean that they couldn't have sat down like men and came to a mutual agreement that it's best if each party looks for a better fit for their skill sets

Just now, au302 said:

Why's it gotta be that Bo has zero confidence in the staff or program? Let's not forget that there's a ton of factors in these things, including the head coach. By all accounts, they got along well. Doesn't mean that they couldn't have sat down like men and came to a mutual agreement that it's best if each party looks for a better fit for their skill sets

This is far too reasonable for this board.

• Like 3

Yeah, the being all vague part bothers me, too.  Imagine what the coaching staff had to do to try to convince him to stay, all while trying to recruit their butts off. Id like to hear what he has to say about it.  Has anyone seen it and can you post it please?

The weirdest time I've ever had following Auburn. I probably have at least 200 posts about this guy. It just feels weird and definitely an unsatisfying conclusion. None of what's said next is to have any spite or meant to talk down on what he's done here, but it's wildly ironic and poetic that he was described as wasting an ATG Auburn D his freshman year, and on his way out, was ultimately let down in a game where the D didn't care much to show up 

I personally think the fella has been through a ton, and I'm glad he got to live his dream out

Guest MustardSeed

I hope for his sake he doesn’t go to UCF. If he does he’s guaranteeing the sudden end of his career after next season. Wish him the best…and that includes wishing for him to make a better decision than UCF

1 minute ago, AU_Canoe said:

I can imagine this was a tough decision for Bo based on challenging conversations with his family and coaching. Growing up bleeding Orange and Blue it's tough to see anything beyond AU; however, over time the decision became grounded in common sense. I believe Bo doesn't have enough time left to go through a Harsin rebuild while proving himself to the next level. 

I wish him the best and for giving his all. 

Harsin DOES seem hell bent on a complete rebuild.  A kitchen and bath makeover and maybe some structural bracing may have been all that was needed, but after a year of tinkering he's coming in with the bulldozer.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cbo said:

Bo Nix has spurred so many arguments on this forum. Can we all agree on one thing? Bo transferring is the most hilarious conclusion to this story. 

Literally, couldn’t have been rewritten any better.

• Like 1

Best of luck to Bo. Hopefully this decision will lead to positive results for both Auburn and Bo going forward. 

Eyes toward to portal!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Complete speculation on my part, but I think Bo learned that Harsin was bringing in transfer QB(s) to win the job, and he said “peace out.”

I think you are both wrong. 

• Like 1