Nix enters the portal

AUreo

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

They'll be all over the south soon enough.

yeah, within the next 10 years.

I for one would love one outside of denham springs in Louisiana, halfway point between Houston and my parents in Fairhope.  Would be the nicest place to stop in Louisiana.

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

They were only in central Texas for years until they branched out into Alabama.  You won't see them outside of Texas and the select few in Alabama.

I did a little internet sleuthing and found out a little more about them. I had heard about the ones in Bham and Athens, but didn’t know much about them. I’ve been through TX, the DFW area and up through the panhandle and don’t recall seeing one. I probably just didn’t pay attention. 

I feel starting the bucee's convo may be my greatest contribution ever on this forum. And all the smart guys with jokes it's a bigger contribution that your posts too!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, wareagleguy said:

I did a little internet sleuthing and found out a little more about them. I had heard about the ones in Bham and Athens, but didn’t know much about them. I’ve been through TX, the DFW area and up through the panhandle and don’t recall seeing one. I probably just didn’t pay attention. 

Closest one in the Fort worth area is near Keller. Actually next to the Texas mother speedway off of 35w north

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s one like 15 mins away from me and I’ve never been 

I didn't know they were in Alabama until recently on my Facebook. 

• Like 1

I think there are several in the DFW metroplex.  I know for sure there is one on the way south down to Houston just outside Dallas.  It really was a TX only thing for the longest time until they opened the one near Spanish Fort in the last 5 years.

For real though, if you go, the brisket is alright but if you have never had the pleasure of a breakfast kolache I'd recommend them greatly or if you are in the Foley area there is a Texas Vietnamese family that transplanted from Houston to Foley and they run a Texas style donut shop. Dang good Kolaches

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s one like 15 mins away from me and I’ve never been 

Go get a kolache for breakfast, you will thank me later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I feel starting the bucee's convo may be my greatest contribution ever on this forum. And all the smart guys with jokes it's a bigger contribution that your posts too!

Bucc-ee's is a big deal in TX so its good you are spreading the word.  Also, the more people that have kolaches in their lives the better.  When I go back to Bama my mom makes me buy a dozen to bring with me, she misses them so much.

I am sure the other SETX guy @bigbirdcan vouch for the amazingness that is a sausage and cheese kolache

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Still anxiously awaiting the Athens Buc-ee’s to open.   My credit card company already upped my limit in anticipation.  

For a minute I thought y’all were talking about Whataburger expanding.   

Just now, AUFlyer99 said:

Still anxiously awaiting the Athens Buc-ee’s to open.   My credit card company already upped my limit in anticipation.  

I can just imagine the numbers it's going to do there. All the traffic off 65 and all the traffic off of 72 traveling to Huntsville? Crazy numbers will be met. They actually pay their workers very well as well. If I'm not mistaken here in Texas they have a sign where they pay their entry level management 25/hr. So I imagine people with time put in get paid pretty good

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't know they were in Alabama until recently on my Facebook. 

Yeah we (Baldwin) got the first one in the state a couple years ago. It’s in an armpit location in one of the armpit towns in the county so I’m not even in the area too much 

7 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I’m not far from Athens, I’ll have to give it a try.

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Closest one in the Fort worth area is near Keller. Actually next to the Texas mother speedway off of 35w north

Okay. Wife has family in Waxahachie, so we head that way from North AL ever so often.

• Like 2

Okay. Wife has family in Waxahachie, so we head that way from North AL ever so often.

Ok so you probably drive through Memphis and through arky and stuff. It's really not a bad drive. Maybe 3 exits in total. Just a straight shot mostly. But yes I stopped at one along that route

Just now, cole256 said:

Ok so you probably drive through Memphis and through arky and stuff. It's really not a bad drive. Maybe 3 exits in total. Just a straight shot mostly. But yes I stopped at one along that route

Yes, we do. It always seems to me the interstate outside of Memphis, headed west, has more 18 wheelers on it than any interstate I’ve ever traveled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wareagleguy said:

Yes, we do. It always seems to me the interstate outside of Memphis, headed west, has more 18 wheelers on it than any interstate I’ve ever traveled.

When they drive side by side though......my road rage......I'm pretty sure I turned into the incredible Hulk one time. I was so angry 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cole256 said:

When they drive side by side though......my road rage......I'm pretty sure I turned into the incredible Hulk one time. I was so angry 😂

Same thing on 95 in South Carolina. Side by side and struggling to go 70!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That’s why we do it. Want to see the big green ugly guy.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Didba said:

They were only in central Texas for years until they branched out into Alabama.  You won't see them outside of Texas and the select few in Alabama.

They're in GA and FL, too. Probably some other states by now. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, Didba said:

Go get a kolache for breakfast, you will thank me later.

Donut Joe’s in Pelham, AL. I’ve searched for ones even close to as good as their jalapeño one and I’ve never found one half as good. I’ll drive 10 miles out of the way to grab one of those bad boys

I live in New Braunfels and our Buc-ees is currently the world's largest convenience store, although a larger Buc-ees is currently being built in the Sevierville, TN area.