Nix enters the portal

AUreo

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If true, it’s a in your face move aimed at Harsin, not necessarily AU

Or maybe it’s an opportunity to go an try to elevate his stock.   When this thread first started, I said his first call should have been to Kiffin.   If true, I think it’s a good decision on his part, and I hope Auburn makes his day a living hell next year 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This is totally my opinion but for all the “Bo loves Auburn” sentiment that’s been passed around, I feel the feeling may not be a strong as some believe it to be. At least not anymore. So I’m not surprised. 

54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Turn him into a safety?

Bo might wind up supplanting Reuben Foster on AU memories list........ " it's a business decision"

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Bo might wind up supplanting Reuben Foster on AU memories list........ " it's a business decision"

Exactly. I’ve been “meh” on Bo for a while but no ill will. The way he’s handled this whole transfer situation has absolutely changed that for me. “I’ve been doing what’s best for Auburn”. What? Get out of here dude. Basically saying “y’all be thankful I blessed Auburn with my presence.”

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Exactly. I’ve been “meh” on Bo for a while but no ill will. The way he’s handled this whole transfer situation has absolutely changed that for me. “I’ve been doing what’s best for Auburn”. What? Get out of here dude. Basically saying “y’all be thankful I blessed Auburn with my presence.”

My feelings as well. Nailed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

SIAP  Looks like headed to Ole Miss

Screenshot 2021-12-16 6.42.21 PM.png

Could be good for us. Maybe the backup QB they brought in against us and was highly rated out of high school (Luke Altmeyer) leaves and transfers to AU. 😀

Edited by Gowebb11

From his fiancé:

B00AF2F2-1A13-45CF-9760-D5EF291E464F.jpeg

I think he is marrying a good one.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If we’re using Twitter as a source, there was a Twitter circle earlier with people stating that one of things the Nix’s wanted was for Pat to be an offensive analyst. — Granted it was hosted by a UGA fan but take it as you will.

If Bo does end up at Ole Miss (or anywhere) with Pat having an off-field position with them all those rumors about some “ultimatums” Bo gave to Harsin could be more than true. 

Why does anyone care about this anymore? He’s no longer a member of AU Football. Outside of playing us next year good luck to him. I hope we make him look like he’s looked for us on multiple occasions. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

Sorry, but I hope there was no real begging involved. Discussions ….are you sure? Here’s how we see things, you still have to win the job….maybe, but begging?  

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Man, I lived in northeast San Antonio, but I grew up at Rocking R's on the Comal.  I love NB. Such a great place

Definitely, NB is a great place to live

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taco said:

If we’re using Twitter as a source, there was a Twitter circle earlier with people stating that one of things the Nix’s wanted was for Pat to be an offensive analyst. — Granted it was hosted by a UGA fan but take it as you will.

If Bo does end up at Ole Miss (or anywhere) with Pat having an off-field position with them all those rumors about some “ultimatums” Bo gave to Harsin could be more than true. 

Pat can be hired as an on field coach. Not an analyst. 

If Bo Nix goes to Ole Miss he'll definitely get a chance to show how good of a QB he is actually capable of. Kiffin's offense is more suited for Nix's skillset than either Malzahn's or Harsin's offense.

Plus, Kiffin has a good track record of developing QB's who weren't considered capable of being great QB's. At Bama he helped develop Blake Sims in 2014 and Jake Coker in 2015. At Ole Miss he developed Matt Corral. I think some may have forgotten that even though Corral was highly touted coming out of high school, he wasn't very good before Kiffin arrived. He was splitting time at QB with John Rhys Plumlee and didn't develop much under Rich Rodriguez in 2019. It wasn't until Kiffin got there that he improved.

Edited by Auburnfan91
  • Like 1

Not that I'm personally close to the situation, but I think the most important/telling line from her post has to be "being booed off your home field".

• Like 4

Still laughing at all the people who insisted for three years that this kid was just too much of a competitor and just loved Auburn too much and that's why he deserved better treatment from the fans than other players and past QBs.

Hope y'all learned your lesson with that crap and I hope y'all open your minds when assessing current Auburn players and future QBs. You know, players who actually want to be at Auburn and compete.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

Well, Ole Miss would be an ideal landing spot for him. But, as an Ole Miss grad, it’s kind of the last place I’d like him to land. I say that not because I don’t have faith that he can do a good job, I say it just because I’m ready to move on from Bo, like most Auburn fans.

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Well, Ole Miss would be an ideal landing spot for him. But, as an Ole Miss grad, it’s kind of the last place I’d like him to land. I say that not because I don’t have faith that he can do a good job, I say it just because I’m ready to move on from Bo, like most Auburn fans.

At least you're not the guy with the UCF crossover fanhood.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If true, it’s an in your face move aimed at Harsin, not necessarily AU.

What beef would he have with Harsin? He’s QB 1. Harsin imoroved his play in a big way. Serious question, not necessarily disagreeing.  

48 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

What beef would he have with Harsin? He’s QB 1. Harsin imoroved his play in a big way. Serious question, not necessarily disagreeing.  

Harsin told the team that we weren't good enough this season and that it's an open competition for every job next season. *Every* job. 

That's not the whole story but you can feel solid that it's related to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I don't think Bo has ever had a coach like Harsin, and I'd assume Harsin never had to deal with a legacy QB like Bo. 

If Bo ends up at OM, it's great for him. Great for us that we will get to play him too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If Bo ends up at OM, it's great for him

Waiting for the announcement...

OM welcomes the next John Rhys Plumlee to the Grove!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Still laughing at all the people who insisted for three years that this kid was just too much of a competitor and just loved Auburn too much and that's why he deserved better treatment from the fans than other players and past QBs.

Hope y'all learned your lesson with that crap and I hope y'all open your minds when assessing current Auburn players and future QBs. You know, players who actually want to be at Auburn and compete.

It's hysterical to watch the backbone of a ridiculous 3 year argument collapse in front of our eyes. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's hysterical to watch the backbone of a ridiculous 3 year argument collapse in front of our eyes. 

Like starting Hamm at OT the last two years?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2