Nix enters the portal

AUreo

Lane lost to CBH, so he went out and got the QB that ran that offense. Lane will benefit no matter if Bo ever steps into the field for OM

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Lane lost to CBH, so he went out and got the QB that ran that offense. Lane will benefit no matter if Bo ever steps into the field for OM

Man. I just realized that Bo would've been the perfect backup QB to come in and absolutely torch us all those times that a backup QB came in and absolutely torched us. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Would I be correct in assuming this is an oblique hint that Bo will educate Lane as to our offense?

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What was that quote about Bear Bryant? That he could take his'n and beat your'n, and then turn around and take your'n and beat his'n?

Well, this could be our chance to have Bo Nix at QB and beat Ole Miss 3 years in a row, then turn around and beat Ole Miss with Bo Nix at QB. 🙂

Of course, it could turn out different... 😕

23 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Would I be correct in assuming this is an oblique hint that Bo will educate Lane as to our offense?

Didn't think it was veiled. Lane will for sure use him as a resource.

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

What beef would he have with Harsin? He’s QB 1. Harsin imoroved his play in a big way. Serious question, not necessarily disagreeing.  

Harsin wouldn’t guarantee him QB1 for next season. Then the report about the meeting he and Pat had after the season.

I don’t think he left because he got booed. 

If he goes to a western division rival, that’s an in your face move to an extent IMO. He doesn’t seem to be mad at AU or the fan base, but Harsin probably told him that he would get no guarantees about anything for next season.
Harsin wouldn't even say that he wasn’t looking at a QB in the portal, before Bo left.

Just putting two and two together.

• Like 1

It's amazing how much speculation there is about Bo's decision when no one here knows and probably only Harsin, Bo, and a couple of others know the whole story.

I for one doubt Bo was worried about being #1 next year. I if I were him I would be more concerned about being #1 and continuing to get beat up on due to a poor OL.

Edited by Proud Tiger

4 hours ago, Tiger1992 said:

Not that I'm personally close to the situation, but I think the most important/telling line from her post has to be "being booed off your home field".

I stopped reading at her first Bible quote

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I will say this before I move forward from Bo and look forward to T.J., Dee, and Holden:

I am not going to let one decision of his determine how I feel about him over his body of work.  It is unfortunate his last decision he made at Auburn was this one, but he wasn’t the first.  Sean White comes to mind, and to this day I think he is Auburn’s biggest cheerleader based on his Twitter account.  For all we know, this was Patrick’s decision and Bo trusted his dad and went with what he said.  I have done that with my dad when I know he is looking out for me.

Before that he was responsible for a lot of great memories that I was there to witness.  For example, I think of the winning drive against Oregon, this year’s LSU game in Baton Rouge, to playing an entire quarter on a broken ankle, throwing for over 100 yards.

I wish him well at Ole Miss, should that be his destination.  I am also excited for our future at quarterback, especially Holden, whom I have a personal connection to in Savannah.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

So much for loving Auburn…

I don't want it to come across that way, but as a competitor you use everything and anything to give you that advantage.

If he is really leaving AU because he wasn’t guaranteed QB1 next season, then goodbye. I want somebody who is a competitor and wants to win his job. 

I don’t have a dog in the fight. I wish him well but to me his body language screams bratty on the sidelines. I feel like he WANTS  to be a good leader but just because you want it, doesn’t mean you are doing anything to become that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I will say this before I move forward from Bo and look forward to T.J., Dee, and Holden:

I am not going to let one decision of his determine how I feel about him over his body of work.  It is unfortunate his last decision he made at Auburn was this one, but he wasn’t the first.  Sean White comes to mind, and to this day I think he is Auburn’s biggest cheerleader based on his Twitter account.  For all we know, this was Patrick’s decision and Bo trusted his dad and went with what he said.  I have done that with my dad when I know he is looking out for me.

Before that he was responsible for a lot of great memories that I was there to witness.  For example, I think of the winning drive against Oregon, this year’s LSU game in Baton Rouge, to playing an entire quarter on a broken ankle, throwing for over 100 yards.

Funny you should mention Sean White. I remember him playing severely injured against Georgia.

In both cases, I thought it was really sad that we had not better prepared a backup QB and were forced to keep playing an injured, less effective quarterback.

Good luck to Bo, but it's time to move on.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Waiting for the announcement...

OM welcomes the next John Rhys Plumlee to the Grove!

Nah. John Rhys is a great kid willing to do anything to help the team (including playing TE) and is loved by everyone over there. And, at OM because they were willing to give him an *opportunity* to play QB

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't know why so many posters were losing their minds about him leaving like a large segment of this board wasn't anticipating (and hoping) for that to happen. 

It's not even like we lost a top 8 QB in the conference. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't know. I honestly saw it and thought it would be good to spark conversation. I honestly don't put a lot of stock in it.

It sure got a lot of subsequent posts by folks assuming it is fact. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Note that in this Bo says he has talked to several coaches but obviously hasn't decided on OM.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Note that in this Bo says he has talked to several coaches but obviously hasn't decided on OM.

Also indicates he’s only communicated by text. Not sure how it works but seems like there would be actual conversation. BUT I don’t have a clue so my opinion means nothing.

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Also indicates he’s only communicated by text. Not sure how it works but seems like there would be actual conversation. BUT I don’t have a clue so my opinion means nothing.

Your opinion is just as good as 99.9% of everyone here.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:57 PM, SumterAubie said:

Or he checked some Holden Geriner film. :poke:

Or Maybe Some of Kyle Frazier's, or Joey Gatewood, or Jeremy Johnson,  _______________________ fill in the blank with all the other birds in the bush, backup better than the starter, hyped up recruit, or flavor of the month.

• Facepalm 1