Nix enters the portal

AUreo

17 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Complete speculation on my part, but I think Bo learned that Harsin was bringing in transfer QB(s) to win the job, and he said “peace out.”

Well prior to today's news I'd say the last thing we need for this roster is to be exerting time and energy on is bringing in transfer qb's but then again..

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well prior to today's news I'd say the last thing we need for this roster is to be exerting time and energy on is bringing in transfer qb's but then again..

You think the staff hasn’t already been in contact with multiple options?

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yes he is thinking about it. Every time he ran the ball he got 2 yards. 

If Tank leaves, that might destroy any goodwill being built up with recruiting.

Edited by AUwent

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So that's an interesting angle.  We have the following scenarios:

1. Lost faith in staff to build a competent team

2. Told he has to compete and doesn't want to, at least not at AU.

3. Is ready for a fresh start because he's been hurt by the AU fanbase too much.

Any other possibilities?

I do not know him personally, but I cannot imagine someone competitive and athletic enough to become a D1 starting QB not wanting to compete suddenly. I can only speak from my love for Auburn but assuming he loves Auburn as he says he does I cannot imagine transferring to another school coming off of a broken ankle and having to compete being more logical than having to compete at a school he supposedly loves and is already proven at. There has to be more than this and it seems the way he delayed his decision seems his heart and his brain were telling him two different things. I am totally reaching here but a senario where he thought Harsin would bring somebody in and would give the new QB an advantage is all I came up with. He can't possibly have enough confidence to transfer hoping to go pro and not enough confidence to stay and win out the starting job next year  it just isn't logical. That is if in fact he isn't just bolting because he views next year as unsalvageable and knows his best shot to the league is somewhere with more talent on the roster. Either way I'm gonna be optimistic about next year because I believe in Auburn and love it!

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Momma always said when you can’t say something nice…

good luck. 

So now I'm leaning more toward #2 in this scenario.

3. Is ready for a fresh start because he's been hurt by the AU fanbase too much.

• Like 2

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Where he going ? USC?

My guess is UCF. He knows that offense (there are 3 plays) haha. Also they do not have a quarterback. Can you imagine how Gatewood would feel?

• Love 1

Love the kid, but pressure to perform at your dream school may have been too much.  Maybe he just doesn't have th work ethic...only few really know.  Whatever the case, I hope he succeeds wherever he goes.  Time for Harsin to really show what he's got.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

4. Feels like he could be an NFL Qb but can’t do it in this system/this coaching staff/this OL. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

good luck. 

yep. Posted the same thing. Just said there is so much I can say but good luck to the young man. 
I think the coach’s tweet this morning says it all… 

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What does this decision communicate?  Bo does not have faith in the current AU football program (coaches, roster, whatever) to help him be successful in 2022.  He's a legacy, biggest AU fan you can find, and would be the frontrunner to start.  That's sad.

Or he’s not the right fit.  He was brought in under Gus’s offense, and now is playing in a different one. He may think his last year of playing will be better elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I hope for his sake he doesn’t go to UCF. If he does he’s guaranteeing the sudden end of his career after next season. Wish him the best…and that includes wishing for him to make a better decision than UCF

He would have an offense he understands, be able to run again and be around a few players he once worked with. Wouldn't be that terrible at all. Guys really not a pocket passer anyways.. I mean sure, if he can go to a Clemson type program then great but I don't see that as a career ending move. 

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Maybe all 3. I do wish him well. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Sammie Coates’ last season at AU was when Bo Nix was in 7th grade. The GW pass was to Seth Williams.

Gotta admit— Bo had the best 12 year old FR QB performance in AU history.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I think I am leaning that way as well, especially when you consider Harsin’s tweet earlier today about working as hard to be a great teammate as you do to be a great player. I’m not sure what Bo was expecting Harsin to do, if we had a serviceable quarterback, we win the Iron Bowl. Harsin can’t put all his eggs into Bo’s basket.

10 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

good luck. 

Telling statement