Nix enters the portal

AUreo

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

You think the staff hasn’t already been in contact with multiple options?

I have no clue but I've watched other staff at Arky and tenn already land various portal guys and we haven't got much or anyone so who knows what the staff is doing. My point was we need other positions to be filled much more than qb at least prior to the nix departure.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

I totally wish him the best...thanks for your dedication and competitive spirit...regardless of the outcome, you always 'left' it on the field....

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

So UCF is out, then.

Yeah that’s the question isn’t it? For one, if he knows he’s going to ucf, does he still have to enter the portal? 
I have heard he joins ucf and Pat takes an OC job there. But those are just whispers. UCF would be comfortable, but I agree—it isn’t going to make him NFL ready. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Bo was a 5-star FWIW

Love Bo Nix and hate to see him leave. However, I saw him play twice at Pinson his senior year and wondered about his arm stength and accuracy. He played well but he didn’t look like a 5 star to me. He didn’t really play like one here either. 5 star would be going pro after year 3, not sure Bo has a pro path forward. I think his original ranking was inflated. 

4 minutes ago, TheDanoC said:

Love Bo Nix and hate to see him leave. However, I saw him play twice at Pinson his senior year and wondered about his arm stength and accuracy. He played well but he didn’t look like a 5 star to me. He didn’t really play like one here either. 5 star would be going pro after year 3, not sure Bo has a pro path forward. I think his original ranking was inflated. 

5 star would be going pro after year 3 Derrick Brown says hello. I believe it depends on their financial situation and some just want to finish enjoying college

Edited by e808

14 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

I do not know him personally, but I cannot imagine someone competitive and athletic enough to become a D1 starting QB not wanting to compete suddenly. I can only speak from my love for Auburn but assuming he loves Auburn as he says he does I cannot imagine transferring to another school coming off of a broken ankle and having to compete being more logical than having to compete at a school he supposedly loves and is already proven at. There has to be more than this and it seems the way he delayed his decision seems his heart and his brain were telling him two different things. I am totally reaching here but a senario where he thought Harsin would bring somebody in and would give the new QB an advantage is all I came up with. He can't possibly have enough confidence to transfer hoping to go pro and not enough confidence to stay and win out the starting job next year  it just isn't logical. That is if in fact he isn't just bolting because he views next year as unsalvageable and knows his best shot to the league is somewhere with more talent on the roster. Either way I'm gonna be optimistic about next year because I believe in Auburn and love it!

This this this.

• Like 2

He should just man up and deal with not being the “hero” or being liked by everyone. If he  feels like he has a better opportunity somewhere else, just say it. This riding the fence is BS. Just leave. You can’t say you have a goal of being an Auburn tiger and leave without it being vacuous.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Not sure if anyone else posted this but read on another site, Bo & Patrick had a list of concerns to Harsin before Bo made his decision.  

I am sure one of them was the fact that Gus did not recruit any O lineman for four years

TNOS has been very firm during this situation and gracious/sympathetic to Bo. Now that the cat's out the bag, they have said that Bo and Pat approached Harsin on multiple occasions with a list of demands. Harsin stood firm and refused to bend. No clue what those were, but maybe Harsin already planned on bringing in a transfer and opening up the job. Bo knows he needs an assured starting spot with so much on the line next year

• Like 2

Coach Harsin could give no guarantees to Nix about next year and is actively recruiting JUCO transfers. That is tough for a 3 year starter to swallow coming into his senior season, especially for a legacy guy like Nix. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Or he checked some Holden Geriner film. :poke:

HG is the future.

Just now, Ranger12 said:

Coach Harsin could give no guarantees to Nix about next year and is actively recruiting JUCO transfers. That is tough for a 3 year starter to swallow coming into his senior season, especially for a legacy guy like Nix. 

Harsin also recruiting RBs transfers because Tank will most likely transfer as well (Hokanson just reported it)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

He should just man up and deal with not being the “hero” or being liked by everyone. If he  feels like he has a better opportunity somewhere else, just say it. This riding the fence is BS. Just leave. You can’t say you have a goal of being an Auburn tiger and leave without it being vacuous.

lol right. "I believe in Auburn and love it. Hey, see ya later." 

This decision has been the toughest I have ever made,” Nix said. “I have made so many decisions for Auburn, and now it’s time to do what’s best for me.

So, he hasn’t benefitted from Auburn.

Got it.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

This decision has been the toughest I have ever made,” Nix said. “I have made so many decisions for Auburn, and now it’s time to do what’s best for me.

So, he hasn’t benefitted from Auburn.

Got it.

Like the decision to throw a fade to a short receiver on 4th down vs Penn State?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My goal was to win championships at Auburn, so with the possibility of two more years to achieve that I'm goin to take my talents somewhere other than Auburn. 

Tells me all I need to know.

This decision and what he's said surrounding it tell me a lot about Bo. He's been trying to frame this as "I'm an Auburn grad. I did everything I could do. I'm just so ridiculously Auburn. In summation, this is still my school, so even after I transfer I still want the full legacy of an Auburn Tiger." 

Doesn't work that way, kid.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

yeah, they'll be running for their life behind a crappy offensive line too.

Nah, Oline gonna be better next year

• Haha 1

Bo hurts on a personal level. Just because of being an Auburn legacy and his desire to win here. But it is what it is I suppose. Wish we could have had more OL talent for him (and Stidham to further this point). 

Tank leaving will piss me tf off. And I would want CBH head on a stake. 

• Facepalm 1