Nix enters the portal

AUreo

53 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What does this decision communicate?  Bo does not have faith in the current AU football program (coaches, roster, whatever) to help him be successful in 2022.  He's a legacy, biggest AU fan you can find, and would be the frontrunner to start.  That's sad.

He saw the writing on the wall. and told per you own words "2. Told he has to compete and doesn't want to, at least not at AU."  He knew HG and DD were gonna push him this spring.

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Ranger12 said:

Coach Harsin could give no guarantees to Nix about next year and is actively recruiting JUCO transfers. That is tough for a 3 year starter to swallow coming into his senior season, especially for a legacy guy like Nix. 

JUCO for a QB? Wow, figured he'd go portal, but I won't complain. I mean, we've had some great success the past decade with JUCO QB's

54 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I hate to give a “sky is falling post” because I’m usually not that guy. But this feels bad. Bo was about as orange and blue as it gets. If he’s leaving, he clearly has no confidence in this staff.

or he knows he is about to be beat out by DD or HG.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

Tank leaving will piss me tf off. And I would want CBH head on a stake. 

You’d best be deciding if you want oak or hickory stake and sharpen your chainsaw.

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

Okay CBH is dead to me. Get him tf out. 

Gonna need to get a new president and AD in place first.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hard to tell you until this year's transfer portal shakes out.  Also some immediate impact JUCO transfers potentially signing this week.

I think DD should be starting over Finley right now.  Thought that for a while because the kid is freakishly talented AND could hide some of our o line deficencies.

Personally think we're staring at around 8-4 next year.  We catch a break with a lot of very winnable home games.

Stop.. you'll hurt some of these fans with your reasonable takes...

• Haha 1

Our offensive depth chart is going to be interesting next year to say the least, if Tank follows him. I hope this staff has a plan. We are putting our faith in a staff that just put a team in the Birmingham Bowl. 

image.gif.300144b83949ea9bf48fb56020d7f718.gif

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Bo was a 5-star FWIW

If not, we're playing a former LSU third stringer, or a true sophomore who's yet to take a college snap, or a true freshman. Yikes.

after 2 years of no development by Gus he was essentially a 3-star in mechanics and pocket composure. Harsin improved it this year.

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

No, fwiwt, that’s BS.

Hoke is a very reputable reporter that called the Nix transfer way before everyone. He clearly has good sources, and I don't see any reason to doubt him on this. Plus there are others in here saying the same

50 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Is Geriner (sp?) an early enrollee?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Anyone still think coach Harsin is the man? Lol

Yup, I'm still very happy with the program's direction.  First couple of years may sting on the field but the program is going to be in much better shape.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2