Nix enters the portal

AUreo

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yup, I'm still very happy with the program's direction.  First couple of years may sting on the field but the program is going to be in much better shape.

Sorry, I think you're crazy. There is no way you can call this a good direction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Anyone still think coach Harsin is the man? Lol

On more than one occasion, they were spotted on the sideline, pouting, because something didn't go their way. Auburn is bigger than them both. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Sorry, I think you're crazy. There is no way you can call this a good direction.

Did you say the same about Bruce?  I mean, he went 26-40 his first two seasons.  The results were no different than what we had been getting prior.

Gotta build this thing and there will be pain along the way.  Gus left a freaking mess here to clean up, similar to Barbee.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Some in the AD office are saying hold the phone despite this: 

Tank Bigsby. Aubrun Live’s Justin Hokanson reported that Bigsby would be entering the portal.

So 🤷‍♂️ That’s all I got.

Good.  You are a nut. No one takes you seriously, but yourself.

• Like 3

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Did you say the same about Bruce?  I mean, he went 26-40 his first two seasons.  The results were no different than what we had been getting prior.

Gotta build this thing and there will be pain along the way.  Gus left a freaking mess here to clean up, similar to Barbee.

Bruce took over a program that was a shell of a program and didn’t post a winning record since like 2009. 

Harsin I’m pretty sure is a bammer in disguise at this point. 

All jokes aside, don’t think that’s the correct comparison between Bruce and the traitor Bryan Harsin. I’m very worked up right now when I should be in bed, but I’ve never seen a “re-build” in college football where the coach literally implodes the team from the inside without bringing talent in. Sure there’s time, but good coaches keep their best players happy. Just an old adage I was told when I previously worked in athletics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You may very well end up being correct. Likely even. I just think Harsin needs a chance with his system and people. There are unfortunate and painful losses during rebuilds. I watched the Braves lose some dang good players like Justin Upton, Kimbrel, and more during their overhaul. It hurts like hell, but it needs to be done. I don't know if Harsin will be successful, and if he's not, next coach up. But an overhaul has clearly been needed on offense for a while

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not even close. Gus beat Saban, Oregon and Jimbo year before the Covid season with a teenage freshman quarterback. You’re comparing that to what Barbee left coach pearl? Again, not even close.

Even this year Gus left Harsin the talent to beat Penn State, Ole Miss (Top 10), Arkansas (Top 25), Alabama etc.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Taco said:

Bruce took over a program that was a shell of a program and didn’t post a winning record since like 2009. 

All jokes aside, don’t think that’s the correct comparison between Bruce and the traitor Bryan Harsin. I’m very worked up right now when I should be in bed, but I’ve never seen a “re-build” in college football where the coach literally implodes the team from the inside without bringing talent in. Sure there’s time, but good coaches keep their best players happy. Just an old adage I was told when I previously worked in athletics. 

I'm sorry, what championship level football program is being torn down?  We haven't won a ring of any kind in 8 years.

And Bruce's first two seasons were 14 wins and 11 wins.  Exactly the same stuff we had been doing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Well, Tank has been teasing us for a little while about transferring. Perhaps Harsin didn’t want to kowtow to him (or Bo/Pat for that matter). This could blow up in our faces, or we could be better off without either of them. The portal has completely changed the game. 

Feels like we're stripping this thing down to the studs.

Hard to lose a ridiculous talent like Tank.  Glad Alston seems like he's going to be an excellent RB... will soften the blow, along with Hunter.  Man I'm going to miss Shivers even more now.

I appreciate the hard work Bo put in for Auburn.  I think this is for the best for AU, though.  Our ceiling with Bo was only so high.  Excited to see the offense under a new QB.  Will be fun to see if Harsin can pull someone big out of the portal.

May be rough for a bit, but major changes are needed.

• Like 4

Not even close. God beat Saban, Oregon and Jimbo year before the Covid season with a teenage freshman quarterback. You’re comparing that to what Barber left coach pearl? Again, not even close.

Even this year Gus left Harsin the talent to beat Penn State, Ole Miss (Top 10), Arkansas (Top 25), Alabama etc.

This 100%, to an extent with regards to talent

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This is why Auburn needs to get rid of the plethora vocal entitled fans with outrageous expectations.   

"Entitled fans with outrageous expectations?" Oh, you mean like being able to keep a generational talent with zero disciplinary problems? This isn't Michael Dyer or Jovon Robinson. If Harsin were actually building something, this wouldn't be happening.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This is why Auburn needs to get rid of the plethora vocal entitled fans with outrageous expectations.   

I’m sorry what? Tank has been on a pedestal his entire time at AU. 

Not even close. God beat Saban, Oregon and Jimbo year before the Covid season with a teenage freshman quarterback. You’re comparing that to what Barber left coach pearl? Again, not even close.

Uh huh.  And what did Gus do with that same QB in his 2nd year?  6-4.

But cool.  Skip that part all you want.  Fact is, we haven't won a damn thing in years and some of y'all are crying to save 8-4 seasons.  News flash....6-6 and 8-4 both get you mediocre bowl games and no rings.

Lets build something that has a chance of winning rings.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm sorry, what championship level football program is being torn down?  We haven't won a ring of any kind in 8 years.

And Bruce's first two seasons were 14 wins and 11 wins.  Exactly the same stuff we had been doing.

Well we were in championships at least and finished above .500… 

They had no talent on those basketball team and everybody knew it. It wasn’t as though there were red flags popping up about Bruce and the program. 

I’ll go one more point forward and say Bruce was a proven commodity in the world of NCAA basketball reaching the Sweet 16 and turning Tennessee back around as well. He just had some… issues for hosting BBQs. 

All I hear about Harsin from Boise fans is his lack of ability to close out against tough opponents and his sheer stubbornness to adjust. —- which I believe we have already gotten a taste of 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Uh huh.  And what did Gus do with that same QB in his 2nd year?  6-4.

But cool.  Skip that part all you want.  Fact is, we haven't won a damn thing in years and some of y'all are crying to save 8-4 seasons.  News flash....6-6 and 8-4 both get you mediocre bowl games and no rings.

Lets build something that has a chance of winning rings.

I admire your optimism, but I’m in the camp of “yeah, I don’t see that happening; but it would be awesome if it did”. 

I’ll hold my breath until after the portal closes and the February signing day is done before jumping off the cliff. 

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Well we were in championships at least and finished above .500… 

They had no talent on those basketball team and everybody knew it. It wasn’t as though there were red flags popping up about Bruce and the program. 

I’ll go one more point forward and say Bruce was a proven commodity in the world of NCAA basketball reaching the Sweet 16 and turning Tennessee back around as well. He just had some… issues for hosting BBQs. 

All I hear about Harsin from Boise fans is his lack of ability to close out against tough opponents and his sheer stubbornness to adjust. —- which I believe we have already gotten a taste of 

We were a roller coaster ride with off the rails moments. 

Tank is a surprise for me but at the end of the day he was recruited by a different coach.  It was always gonna be hard to keep him here after Gus left with the way the portal is now.

Just now, autigeremt said:

We were a roller coaster ride with off the rails moments. 

I think that’ll be more enjoyable than Jeremy Pruitt’s Tennessee 🤗