Nix enters the portal

AUreo

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, Please unfasten your seatbelts exit to the left and thank you for riding the Bo Nix Experience 

37C13364-890B-4331-AB73-BB380E2094F3.gif

Edited by WFE12
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, TigerToe said:

Good riddance

Ah man, these keyboard warriors being critical of 18-21 year olds can take a lot of credit for pushing a legacy kid into transferring.  JABA at its best.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Taco said:

Bruce took over a program that was a shell of a program and didn’t post a winning record since like 2009. 

Harsin I’m pretty sure is a bammer in disguise at this point. 

All jokes aside, don’t think that’s the correct comparison between Bruce and the traitor Bryan Harsin. I’m very worked up right now when I should be in bed, but I’ve never seen a “re-build” in college football where the coach literally implodes the team from the inside without bringing talent in. Sure there’s time, but good coaches keep their best players happy. Just an old adage I was told when I previously worked in athletics. 

Bye Felicia. CBH is the hero we have right now. 

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Well, Tank has been teasing us for a little while about transferring. Perhaps Harsin didn’t want to kowtow to him (or Bo/Pat for that matter). This could blow up in our faces, or we could be better off without either of them. The portal has completely changed the game. 

This. This isn't the first offseason this mess came up. If he don't want to be here then good riddance. I hate to lose him, but spilled milk and all. I think we have a potential star already on roster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tntigers said:

Ah man, these keyboard warriors being critical of 18-21 year olds can take a lot of credit for pushing a legacy kid into transferring.  JABA at its best.  

Are you saying that Bo is leaving because of posters on a message board? Come on, now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUx said:

Anyway, I do appreciate Bo Nix's effort and wish him the utmost success.

Same here. I will not miss the temper tantrums or overthrows but I do wish him well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tntigers said:

Im sure he cares what a bunch of old fat guys on message boards and twitter have to say. If he is that fragile, he doesnt have what it takes to play in the NFL anyways.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChrisH said:

Im sure he cares what a bunch of old fat guys on message boards and twitter have to say. If he is that fragile, he doesnt have what it takes to play in the NFL anyways.

BINGO.

He can take his tender feelings to a program with less critical fans…..which I am not sure really exists.

Being QB1 for a major D1 program is both a blessing and a curse…..when you are winning, you are praised….when you are losing, you get the criticism.  Its what comes with the territory and you have to mentally be able to handle them both.  

If he has NFL aspirations he better get a thicker skin quick.  Their fans are ten times worse than any college program. 

23 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

BINGO.

He can take his tender feelings to a program with less critical fans…..which I am not sure really exists.

Being QB1 for a major D1 program is both a blessing and a curse…..when you are winning, you are praised….when you are losing, you get the criticism.  Its what comes with the territory and you have to mentally be able to handle them both.  

If he has NFL aspirations he better get a thicker skin quick.  Their fans are ten times worse than any college program. 

Oh they definitely exist.  We are the exception, not the norm.  Most fan bases don't live and breathe college football the way Auburn does.  They actually have other interests.

• Dislike 1

I hope Bo gets what he wants, wherever he goes. I am beginning to think that there may have been some agreement between Gus and Pat Nix that Bo was going to be the starter when he stepped foot on campus, regardless. Gus never really went after another QB of note to either take the reins of the offense or at least give Bo some challenge so that he would actually get better (I don't think anyone seriously thinks the Loy kid was going to be the one to press Bo to get better). Harsin comes in and goes after TJ Finley, whether he thought TJ would be a good starter or at least push Bo to get better. I'll admit that Bo had some good moments, but he also had some bad moments, too many to really count here. 

As for Tank, I'm sorry he's leaving, but if he has become a distraction with his attitude, he will be better off somewhere else. Yes, he should have gotten the ball at 4th and 1 against USCe, but to sit on the bench and pout about it was pure BS on his part. From what I understand, that was a read-option and TJ picked the wrong option. Besides, Tank, you've made a couple of bad decisions on the field yourself, such as going out of bounds against Bama, and stopping the clock. Oh well, best of luck to the 2 of you, and thanks for what you did for Auburn. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

No, he is not. He is and was mediocre and should’ve chosen a better program.

Legacy meaning 2nd gen player.

42 minutes ago, woodford said:

Good luck to him. So ready to watch DD or Holden ball out in 2022*

*Given we have a functional OL

DD could do it with our line.  Given his running and escapability, he's the right QB for this team right now.  Just hope we actually play him.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Taco said:

Bruce took over a program that was a shell of a program and didn’t post a winning record since like 2009. 

Harsin I’m pretty sure is a bammer in disguise at this point. 

All jokes aside, don’t think that’s the correct comparison between Bruce and the traitor Bryan Harsin. I’m very worked up right now when I should be in bed, but I’ve never seen a “re-build” in college football where the coach literally implodes the team from the inside without bringing talent in. Sure there’s time, but good coaches keep their best players happy. Just an old adage I was told when I previously worked in athletics. 

Post less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

DD could do it with our line.  Given his running and escapability, he's the right QB for this team right now.  Just hope we actually play him.

I think you’re correct. Especially the “right now” part. Holden is the QB of the future for this system. Let’s hope DD actually stays. 

• Like 2

As I’ve said before, Bo is very talented . His problems lie in decision making and how he approaches the game. His OCs and HCs haven’t given him what he needs in enforcing him making better decisions. You can make great plays once in a while with Talent but to be successful on the big picture you have to have a repeatable strategy that works most of the time not just here and there. Hopefully Bo finds a good tuff coach that will instill patience in him. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

27 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh they definitely exist.  We are the exception, not the norm.  Most fan bases don't live and breathe college football the way Auburn does.  They actually have other interests.

I learned this when I moved from Bham to Miami in the early 1990’s..then Orlando…then Jacksonville. College football was passing weekend passion…not an everyday obsession.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomcat said:

I learned this when I moved from Bham to Miami in the early 1990’s..then Orlando…then Jacksonville. College football was passing weekend passion…not an everyday obsession.

I lived in Michigan, spent a bunch of time in Colorado, and now live in Texas.  Travel around the US a lot.

90% of college fan bases watch the game, go yay or oh well, and move on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tntigers said:

If a message board made him decide to transfer, that’s all we need to know about him. But I don’t think it was message boards and fans that made him leave because I don’t think he’s that petulant.

I think Harsin was opening up the QB competition, and the Nixes didn’t care for that. I think Bo believed in the power of his last name, and Harsin didn’t. But I’m just speculating. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4