Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

Just to clarify, tacked implies that we might not have reached out yet and even if we do there might not be any interest on the quarterbacks end. The staff 100% is looking for a transfer starter though from what I can tell.

Dillon Gabriel - UCF QB - two years of eligibility left (including pandemic year)

Cameron Ward - Incarnate World QB - four years of eligibility 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

The staff 100% is looking for a transfer starter though from what I can tell.

I'd hope so, considering we don't have a starting caliber QB

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd hope so, considering we don't have a starting caliber QB

I should be a little more clear, it seems like we have been tracking these guys for a minute now. Would be surprised if we haven't already reached out but no one is going to confirm that. Portal recruiting is weird.

36 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I should be a little more clear, it seems like we have been tracking these guys for a minute now. Would be surprised if we haven't already reached out but no one is going to confirm that. Portal recruiting is weird.

Not sure the numbers from the Incarnate QB will tell much due to their offensive style.

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I don’t see how anybody would beat out Tennessee to get Gabriel but I would love if we got him. That pocket awareness and accuracy 🤤 

I think Ole Miss and UCLA have a better shot with DG than Tennessee... Heupel did not leave UCF on good terms at all and honestly wasn't great for DG's development

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not sure the numbers from the Incarnate QB will tell much due to their offensive style.

You're right BUT they are a lot better indicator of ability than anything we had for JF3 lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Zach Calzada just hit the portal

Screenshot_20211213-114019_Twitter.jpg

He's awful

25 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Didn't see that coming, but also have no clue about A&M's situation. 

He's going to be the back up once their starter gets healthy.  He's not very good

• Like 2

I read or heard somewhere that Auburn has contacted Calzada and another portal QB (can’t remember name but I think he’s at USC).  Can’t recall the source so don’t take it as fact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Would love Slovis. He had a down year but got injured as well. He was super accurate last year as a freshman and took JT Daniels job

Would be a helluva pick up. Will be very hard for Auburn to recruit a QB though. 

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Would be a helluva pick up. Will be very hard for Auburn to recruit a QB though. 

I don't think so. He's got two years and has to win the job. Harsin and his staff don't have trouble recruiting quarterbacks from their history

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

I read or heard somewhere that Auburn has contacted Calzada and another portal QB (can’t remember name but I think he’s at USC).  Can’t recall the source so don’t take it as fact.

Assuming and hoping you mean Slovis. He would be a major upgrade. Calzada would arguably be a better fit but probably not an upgrade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

I don't think so. He's got two years and has to win the job. Harsin and his staff don't have trouble recruiting quarterbacks from their history

I don’t doubt that, but what QB (who actually has a shot at the NFL) would come to Auburn right now with this piss poor OL?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

I don’t doubt that, but what QB (who actually has a shot at the NFL) would come to Auburn right now with this piss poor OL?

That's a big question. We'll see how this staff pulls this together. I bet we get one though. I doubt we throw out the freshman or TJ

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

Here's what everyone doesn't seem to get. The guys that have been on our piss poor line for the last 2-4 years are now mostly, if not all, moving on. Is it possible that the transfers we bring in are worse? Yes, but they would have to be really horrible. We're bringing in a ton of new personnel. Not sure why a QB would care that Bro Hamm can't pass block to save his life when he's probably not coming back

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He's awful

He's going to be the back up once their starter gets healthy.  He's not very good

And they have a 5 star coming in

Watching Incarnate Word vs S.F. Austin highlights from a few weeks ago. Cameron Ward is very Patrick Mahomes-like. He has a beautiful side-arm throw. I would take him.

31 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Watching Incarnate Word vs S.F. Austin highlights from a few weeks ago. Cameron Ward is very Patrick Mahomes-like. He has a beautiful side-arm throw. I would take him.

I hate his side-arm 😂