Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

2 hours ago, au302 said:

SIAP but Davis is supposedly going after Slovis asap. This is a good first sign of competency imo, as Slovis seems like the most proven choice

His has been watching film on him 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Will play the bowl then bounce. If I was CBN, I wouldn't let him play knowing he is bailing on the team

No way I would let him play. WTH does it do for UF

Just now, augolf1716 said:

No way I would let him play. WTH does it do for UF

Exactly. 

He's already chosen to take off the uniform. It might as well be now and not reward him for leaving.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, au302 said:

Would need to strikeout a bunch imo. Slovis, Ward, Johnson, and probably others would seem to be in front of him. Then I'd make Bach tell me no under the table

I heard Max Johnson is headed to TAMU. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly. 

He's already chosen to take off the uniform. It might as well be now and not reward him for leaving.

Did you two just agree on something ? 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Will play the bowl then bounce. If I was CBN, I wouldn't let him play knowing he is bailing on the team

Is he grad transfer? Because he used up the free one right? 

Just now, AUBwins said:

Is he grad transfer? Because he used up the free one right? 

I'm not sure. I never really followed him 

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure. I never really followed him 

Think he transferred from Ohio state to Florida.  But that was before the rules, so not sure if they are allowed to get a free one next time.  🤔 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Think he transferred from Ohio state to Florida.  But that was before the rules, so not sure if they are allowed to get a free one next time.  🤔 

It'll be interesting to see how they interpret his transfer

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Actually, on his stats it says 4 years at Florida.  He was a redshirt junior.  So not sure why I thought he transferred unless he never actually played at OSU. Idk.

1 hour ago, CT Tiger said:

Would he really fit with what Harsin is trying to do? 

Hell no. He ain’t it. I’d rather start Finley and I’m not the biggest Finley fan

• Like 2

Just now, AUBwins said:

Actually, on his stats it says 4 years at Florida.  He was a redshirt junior.  So not sure why I thought he transferred unless he never actually played at OSU. Idk.

I don’t think he ever went ot OSU. Was committed to them and then flipped to UF on signing day. Could be wrong but that’s how I remember it. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I don’t think he ever went ot OSU. Was committed to them and then flipped to UF on signing day. Could be wrong but that’s how I remember it. 

That's about right.  Almost thought he did sign but asked to be released or something. Thanks. 

On 12/13/2021 at 7:48 AM, Zeek said:

Just to clarify, tacked implies that we might not have reached out yet and even if we do there might not be any interest on the quarterbacks end. The staff 100% is looking for a transfer starter though from what I can tell.

Dillon Gabriel - UCF QB - two years of eligibility left (including pandemic year)

Cameron Ward - Incarnate World QB - four years of eligibility 

How can he have 4 years left?

On 12/13/2021 at 8:37 PM, bigbird said:

I hate his side-arm 😂

You’re gonna love the new side armed guy we just signed….

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

You’re gonna love the new side armed guy we just signed….

It's nowhere as pronounced. He almost looks like a submarine pitcher.😂

USC QB Kedon Slovis Reveals 'Criteria' For Transfer Destination

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/usc-qb-kedon-slovis-reveals-criteria-for-transfer-destination/ar-AAROVis?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

When it comes to picking a transfer destination, Slovis revealed the 'criteria' he is looking for in his next university:

"I think for me, it's pretty simple. You know, there's lots of great opportunities, but one, an opportunity where I can play or at least compete to play, I think I have a good chance to get a job at. Secondly, I think, you know, overall, just a culture and a team that not only is ready to win, but I think I can identify with and is a positive atmosphere and something that I'm excited to be part of.

That's a pretty easy criteria for me, I think. But I think it's a lot easier said than done. There's only a few programs in the country, I think, not few, it's probably 10 to 15 parts of the country, that really embody that consistently. I'm looking for that program that you know, wants me to be part of it."

USC fan analysis (Slovis):

“I actually think he moves more than ADEQUATELY for a QB, and he throws quite well while MOVING. He’s just NOT an elite running QB. Yet, he may be as good as any at keeping his Eye-Discipline down field and DELIVERING the ball.

He’ll do well in a system that utilizes Play-Action Pass, Boots and Waggles, and a Screen game.

I notice on another cite that projects Portal info, KS9 is one of the very few prospects whose STAR rating has risen since HS as opposed to the MAJORITY who are in the “Falling Stars” category.”

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AUreo said:

This is the only bad part of delaying the OC announcement but hopefully he’ll hang on until we can at least get our guy in for a conversation or two. I wonder who else they’ve been seriously evaluating. I’m not overly impressed with the current QBs in the portal. Slovis is the best available IMO. After that I’m just not sure any of them are an upgrade from what we had or have on roster. More serviceable than anything. I think Cameron Ward is either going to be an absolute monster or flame out. I can’t make my mind up on him. He’s got some crazy taoe that’s for sure. 

• Like 1