Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Interesting..not USC. UCLA has to like this trade

Hard to imagine UCLA with the uncertainty of Chip Kelly right now

• Like 1

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Auburn is not fooling around they are offering big money

This is a very sad statement. Not because AU is "in the game", but because of what this whole setup means. At least in pro baseball and football, there's a draft. This current situation in college football means nothing more than whoever has the most money will buy the best players. The rich are only going to get richer. That may be happening already, but nothing like to the extent that we're seeing right now and as long as these rules stay the same it's only going to get more insane.

Auburn can offer a good payment to players, but there are any number of schools out there who we simply cannot out-bid. When this crap was announced some of us said that we'd give it four or five years to see how it works out. The clock is ticking and so far, not so good.

It's not just football. How much would it take to keep basketball's Smith and Kessler on AU's team for another year? If Coach Thompson develops another 1# overall pick in the baseball draft, will we pay him $1 million to hang around Plainsman Park for another season? Where does it end?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

I do not see much difference between him and TJ.

None at all.  and I feel like TJ actually has upside.

• Like 1

I think people are getting their hopes up a bit too high here. 

Auburn is in a rebuild and 2022 was never anticipated to have a very high upside potential.

poor o-line, suspect WR corps, and a recruiting class that doesn't immediately plug a ton of those holes. it's not really a surprise if the top portal QB's choose to go elsewhere this year.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Auburn is in a rebuild and 2022 was never anticipated to have a very high upside potential.

poor o-line, suspect WR corps, and a recruiting class that doesn't immediately plug a ton of those holes. it's not really a surprise if the top portal QB's choose to go elsewhere this year.

image.gif.9391a411042fe2f087730d1b2c8064d5.gif

This needs to be Harsin’s mindset with Caleb Williams and those Olinemen.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I thought 2021 had the potential of being a solid year, with '22 looming as a problem. So far nothing has happened to change mu opinion of our prospects in '22.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Screenshot_20220103-213456_Chrome~2.jpg

Ok, so I did not even entertain the possibility until now.   If this list is legit (not sure how reliable), then we might actually have a decent shot.   Lots of uncertainty at UCLA right now.   Miami and LSU both have brand new coaches.   At least our guy has a year under his belt, and with RW’s QB coach on the plains and our alleged “hefty NIL offer”, we could possibly be in the running here.   AU football has an impressive ability to get my hopes up and disappoint me over and over again, even though I keep saying I’m not going to get my hopes up.  🤦‍♂️😢

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is a very sad statement. Not because AU is "in the game", but because of what this whole setup means. At least in pro baseball and football, there's a draft. This current situation in college football means nothing more than whoever has the most money will buy the best players. The rich are only going to get richer. That may be happening already, but nothing like to the extent that we're seeing right now and as long as these rules stay the same it's only going to get more insane.

Auburn can offer a good payment to players, but there are any number of schools out there who we simply cannot out-bid. When this crap was announced some of us said that we'd give it four or five years to see how it works out. The clock is ticking and so far, not so good.

It's not just football. How much would it take to keep basketball's Smith and Kessler on AU's team for another year? If Coach Thompson develops another 1# overall pick in the baseball draft, will we pay him $1 million to hang around Plainsman Park for another season? Where does it end?

You nailed it brother!  It's become a high stakes poker game and Auburn football was already behind the 8 ball before it ever started.  Auburn is currently near the bottom of the heap and impending bidding wars will likely mean a much longer climb from the bottom of the pit.  I'm in no way condemning Coach Harsin since he came in with his back to the wall. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Ok, so I did not even entertain the possibility until now.   If this list is legit (not sure how reliable), then we might actually have a decent shot.   Lots of uncertainty at UCLA right now.   Miami and LSU both have brand new coaches.   At least our guy has a year under his belt, and with RW’s QB coach on the plains and our alleged “hefty NIL offer”, we could possibly be in the running here.   AU football has an impressive ability to get my hopes up and disappoint me over and over again, even though I keep saying I’m not going to get my hopes up.  🤦‍♂️😢

What is the “hefty NIL offer” you refer to above. Is it a team wide NIL thing or position thing. I ask because I have heard nothing about it and at times miss such info? Thanks in advance for your feedback. WDE!!

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

None at all.  and I feel like TJ actually has upside.

based on what?

Mobility?

Accuracy? 

His statue like pattern, limits his accuracy.

I knew with our weak OL and the lack of a strong WR group, the top level QB transfers were not going to settle on AU.

It's just the current status of our offense,but Harsin knows he needs a bridge if he hopes for Geriner to be the guy in 23. 

Harsin already knows the weaknesses of Finley are. He must feel Calzada(who is the best of the 2nd tier transfer QBs) can improve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Auburn Twitter started following Caleb. Everything is going according to plan. 😈

RDT_20220104_1123595374384619574526917.jpg

• Like 1

So i was just listening to Cowherd talk about the Caleb Williams thing... he says OU or USC would be the best long term situation for him. But thinks they won’t match the amount of money Auburn would give him 

Edited by AuburnTiger4Life