Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

On 12/23/2021 at 1:06 PM, PigskinPat said:

He’s been my #1 qb target for awhile now. He’s got all the physical tools, great ball placement, can make all the throws, stays calm under pressure and can escape pressure, and a very fast release on the ball.

This kid can throw the ball... 

• Like 1

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Yes he can, and shows the ability to use his legs when he needs to.

Dare I say, Russell Wilson-ish... 🤔

2 hours ago, autan said:

I think Daniels would fit the mold for Harsin.

Yes and no. The ding on Daniels is that he’s very laid back and has a nonchalant demeanor. I don’t know if this fits Harsin’s culture. It’s why Bennett has won the job over Daniels. Kirby values the toughness and leadership of Bennett over the laid-backness of Daniels.

Playing wise, I think he would fit CBH’s QB mold. 

Dillion Gabriel would be a solid pickup for our QB situation, but I don’t think he fits what CBH wants in a QB either. DG seems more like a Matt Corral model then a prototypical Pro-Style QB. 

The transfer portal should heat up more in the next few weeks, so get your popcorn ready. 

3 minutes ago, Taco said:

The transfer portal should heat up more in the next few weeks, so get your popcorn ready. 

Kids have about a week to get into their next school. They dont have a couple weeks.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Kids have about a week to get into their next school. They dont have a couple weeks.

To be enrolled next semester. They have until May 1st to notify. More players will figure out their roles and plans in the weeks coming forward with draft decisions, etc. 

Spring practice helps but it’s not end all be all imo. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taco said:

To be enrolled next semester. They have until May 1st to notify. More players will figure out their roles and plans in the weeks coming forward with draft decisions, etc. 

Spring practice helps but it’s not end all be all imo. 

It was July 1st last year. Did teh move the date up??

Spring is absurdly important for a transfer QB. Also, post spring transfer QBs and most other are guys who lost their jobs or buried on the DC. The vast majority of these guys aren't immediate contributors

Edited by W.E.D

36 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Probably Vandagriff 

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s Been talked about before. First I’ve heard of Daniels mentioned. 

also Gabriel was looking at what USC was going to do w RTR. 

I don’t recall UCLA being involved  

1 hour ago, Taco said:

Yes and no. The ding on Daniels is that he’s very laid back and has a nonchalant demeanor. I don’t know if this fits Harsin’s culture. It’s why Bennett has won the job over Daniels. Kirby values the toughness and leadership of Bennett over the laid-backness of Daniels.

Playing wise, I think he would fit CBH’s QB mold. 

Dillion Gabriel would be a solid pickup for our QB situation, but I don’t think he fits what CBH wants in a QB either. DG seems more like a Matt Corral model then a prototypical Pro-Style QB. 

As someone astutely pointed out to me, Harsin took a running QB at Boise and they turned into a all conference QB.  Now they didn't run a ton in college, but you are just looking for mobility (which TJ is kinda lacking).  

I think Harsin just wanting a pro style QB  is probably not quite accurate. 

I still like the QB from Incarnate Word: Cameron Ward.  He is getting a lot of buzz in the portal.   I just want him to get to Auburn. 

2 hours ago, Taco said:

Dillon Gabriel is a pass-first QB who can make all the throws. That is what Harsin wants. He really doesn't look to run much, even though he's decently mobile. Harsin would also gladly take Matt Corral.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

How about Vandergriff

Most of Brock's family lives in Alabama.  He would be a great addition.   Good size and good speed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shabby said:

Would JT  have to sit out a year?

I think he sat out a year when his knee was injured and transfered before the portal was a thing.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

also Gabriel was looking at what USC was going to do w RTR. 

I don’t recall UCLA being involved  

Dillon Gabriel is currently committed to UCLA.

2 hours ago, Taco said:

Feel like people really conflating what Harsin wants in a QB and what most Pro Style QBs are. The vast majority of them are very athletic. Can run, but they have elite arms, accuracy, and anticipation. 

Just bc a kid is athletic, doesn't mean he isn't a "Pro Style" QB. Corral is a 1st ke 2nd round pick bc he's an elite thrower. Gabriel is a slightly inaccurate passing QB, but has a great deep ball. He's a very limited runner

• Like 1