Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

17 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think it will be a bidding war. This is the new college football world. It just sucks.

According to OU 247 he’s more interested in NFL development than a big NIL deal but that’s hard to believe

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Texas A&M is about to become one of the premier teams in college football because of the money their redneck donors are willing to throw into the program.

That will work itself out. They won’t continually fork out cash like this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

According to OU 247 he’s more interested in NFL development than a big NIL deal but that’s hard to believe

Especially because he could get both. At the same time. Easily.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I’m as Missouri on this as anyone but AU is in this thing. Fingers crossed. Could AU finally be pulling in the same direction? Seem to be from what I’m hearing. 

It would be one of the biggest shocks in all of college football if he decided to come to Auburn. 

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That will work itself out. They won’t continually fork out cash like this. 

I’m not so sure about that. Coming to the SEC elevated their footprint above that of the Longhorns. With Texas coming to the SEC, the Aggie faithful will keep the funds flowing. And their pockets are as deep as they get. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

An insider on another site said that Uga and Usc are definitely involved, but so are we. NIL is going to be a big part of it. 

I hope 2022 is the start of a change at Auburn. If he goes to Georgia I may never watch another college football game again. 

We seemed to be in the same place mentally here. I’m at my limit of how much more of this nonsense I’m willing to take. It’s becoming less and less fun every year to be a fan of college football.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

It would be one of the biggest shocks in all of college football if he decided to come to Auburn. 

Indeed. Pat Forde and Thayer Evans will fire up their smear campaign and camp out in Auburn for months if CW comes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Indeed. Pat Forde and Thayer Evans will fire up their smear campaign and camp out in Auburn for months if CW comes. 

The beauty of it all is that it is way harder to smear programs with “pay to play” allegations. Most people are of the mindset that the players deserve it and schools don’t have to take the risks now, because they can back channel NIL deals.

• Like 1

I think we all know how this will probably play out. However, if by some ridiculous miracle we ended up getting a quarterback of this caliber to come to Auburn… It would be monumental. In a lot of ways. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m not so sure about that. Coming to the SEC elevated their footprint above that of the Longhorns. With Texas coming to the SEC, the Aggie faithful will keep the funds flowing. And their pockets are as deep as they get. 

If they win, sure. For a while. But these guys will get tired of forking over several million a year for players. When the new wears off on the NIL. 

100K weekends get old when you don’t win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDob06 said:

True, but I would say Justin Fields is an example of why he shouldn't go to UGA. They can't seem to figure out how to use highly regarded QBs.

Like Auburn can? 😂

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Haha 2

Real question:

Do we believe we can land a QB any better than Calzada without landing an OT or IOL from the portal to make a better selling point than we have right now?

Honestly?

I know we will have a nasty D next year, but the OL makes the run game go.

Everything I see says UGA. I know it’s largely just rumors but I ain’t gone lie, that’d make me more sick to my stomach than anything that’s happened in college football in my lifetime. If Auburn wants to win it’s time to stop *****footing around and play like the big boys do. If we could get someone of this caliber, that puts Auburn in immediate contention. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Real question:

Do we believe we can land a QB any better than Calzada without landing an OT or IOL from the portal to make a better selling point than we have right now?

Honestly?

If we could get someone of Caleb Williams caliber then I’d believe we’d be in better contention with better OLinemen. Auburn already gets a lot of attention. If you add someone like him that increase tenfold. At least that’s my thinking. 

• Love 2

The development comment from the family give me hope we'll at least be involved because of his relationship to Russell Wilson and Russ's connections to Austin Davis. It's like the coaching carousel. If he goes to USC, Dart probably leaves. Goes to UGA, they probably have Beck, Daniels, and even BV leave.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Calzada is not as bad as people are making him out to be in this thread. Once a narrative gets going it is tough to put the brakes on it and get people to be rationale. 

Calzada is inconsistent. He had a great game against Bama but he had a horrible game against Ole Miss that ended their chances of finishing 2nd in the West and a possible Sugar Bowl bid. 

Jimbo's got a good track record of developing QB's. Calzada's play was up and down all season. That's probably the reason he started out as the backup to Haynes King before King got hurt against Colorado. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Everything I see says UGA. I know it’s largely just rumors but I ain’t gone lie, that’d make me more sick to my stomach than anything that’s happened in college football in my lifetime. If Auburn wants to win it’s time to stop *****footing around and play like the big boys do. If we could get someone of this caliber, that puts Auburn in immediate contention. 

I’ll say it again, if he ends up going to Georgia I may never watch another college football game. 

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That’s a lot of wealthy programs with tons to offer. If we win this one, we are officially ready to play ball.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Real question:

Honestly?

Land the prize QB. Get the OL’s. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Everything I see says UGA.

Edited by W.E.D

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

If we could get someone of Caleb Williams caliber then I’d believe we’d be in better contention with better OLinemen. Auburn already gets a lot of attention. If you add someone like him that increase tenfold. At least that’s my thinking. 

#1 Yeah, he would be the gold nugget to attract OL for sure.  It's not like we have a #1 receiver to showcase to such a QB talent.   

Too many weaknesses on the O side of the ball for me to get excited. But if he chose Auburn...look out.