Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’ll sleep so much better tonight knowing that Pete has offered his unvalued opinion…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I remember his dad playing at Auburn.  Sounds like a no brainer 😂

If he ever got his picture taken with Cam after the natty he’s a lock for Auburn

• Haha 1

So Auburn has the OLmen from Cornell and Western Kentucky visiting this weekend.  They offered the guy from Louisiana who is a OT.  Let’s say Auburn gets all 3 OL and Caleb.  Based off what I saw this year Caleb still needs some work but the offense would get better real quick.  Calzada is also visiting this weekend I believe.  I wouldn’t hate Calzada either.  He did an admirable job coming in as a back up .

Do we know if any WR are coming in this weekend for a visit?  If we could walk away with Caleb, the 3 OL, and 1 or even 2 WR, I would be over the moon.  Would shore up what is needed for next season.  If we could get these within the next two weeks to go through spring workouts, that would be unbelievable.  Anything beyond this that we could get through the portal or on signing day would be gravy.

42 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Do we know if any WR are coming in this weekend for a visit?  If we could walk away with Caleb, the 3 OL, and 1 or even 2 WR, I would be over the moon.  Would shore up what is needed for next season.  If we could get these within the next two weeks to go through spring workouts, that would be unbelievable.  Anything beyond this that we could get through the portal or on signing day would be gravy.

We have seven slots available for transfers only. Plus six more available for transfers or high school/junior college guys. Available space isn't going to be a problem. Getting the quality of players we need is the challenge.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Getting the quality of players we need is the challenge.

So quality matters when talking about depth...got it, thanks.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It matters for starters, which, unfortunately, is where we are lacking. We've got depth, we need some cream on top. Top QB hit the portal, top WR hit the portal, solid O-lineman hit the portal, now at nine down and more to come.

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Wait wait wait, did he really use what I was arguing against him with?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It matters for starters, which, unfortunately, is where we are lacking. We've got depth, we need some cream on top. Top QB hit the portal, top WR hit the portal, solid O-lineman hit the portal, now at nine down and more to come.

What solid O lineman hit the portal? 

11 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Leighton area. So how bout some of that inside info since we are neighbors

I don't like Leighton mainly due to the Gargis's klan.

12 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Leighton area. So how bout some of that inside info since we are neighbors

12 hours ago, KnoxAubie said:

Florence boy here! 

Good to see some NW AL’s here! I’m in Lawrence county. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

LSU he had previous interest in

miami is due to cristobal

no way UCLA is a factor

Auburn can take him and his teammate 

His previous interest wasn’t necessarily with LSU, but with Joe Brady.  When Brady left, that knocked them out. 

Miami just hired Bryan McClendon as a co OC but he has always been a WR coach so they don’t even have anyone with QB experience on staff yet and Miami is a major rebuild.

Agree about UCLA, Gabriel flipped because it looks like Robinson is actually staying and things are looking shaky with Kelly.  

Auburn is the obvious answer here and we need a high level QB/WR package deal more than anyone 😂

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Today’s rundown mentioned the new of coordinator bringing somebody with him and apparently Austin Davis has ties to Caleb

Williams is apparently close with Russell Wilson, and we just hired his QB coach.  

Harsin playing 4d chess.

8 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

He's been using it for years when talking about other positions.

He's completely disingenuous and useless for earnest conversation about football or, as far as I can tell, anything else. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Top QB hit the portal

Accurate, but due to Harsin not giving into demands of no competition for starting job among other things.  

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

top WR hit the portal

Inacurate, kicked off team

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

solid O-lineman hit the portal

lmao.  Solid is a stretch.  Remember our back-ups/depth aren't very good...just like our starters

9 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

What he meant was, actually, I can't rationalize any of it 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What he meant was, actually, I can't rationalize any of it 

At times, I think he has to just be messing with everyone, but then no one could come up with that stuff unless he truly believes it.

25 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

At times, I think he has to just be messing with everyone, but then no one could come up with that stuff unless he truly believes it.

Its a little of both

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

In today’s CW social media watch... he followed Damari Alston earlier this morning 

Damari is our ace recruiter from within. I like them becoming Twitter buds. 

• Like 2