Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Here are the players that Auburn has offered and I have seen would be a take for us:

I expect us to keep evaluating and considering the following:

Casey Thompson just looks like he’d be a cool dude. He’s got that CJ Uzomah aura coming off of him. 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Ffs. JABA. We will be longing for Bo to be back within 3 games

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I wouldn't bet $10,000 bucks he goes to Auburn but he is listening/interested I can promise you and JBoy has nothing to do CW it was posted by insiders at OU

It was kind of a joke guys. I didn’t realize everyone is so sensitive about it. BTW, not coming to Auburn but I hope I eat a big helping of crow

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ffs. JABA. We will be longing for Bo to be back within 3 games

Have you posted anything remotely positive this week? Take a couple seconds and breath dude 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Have you posted anything remotely positive this week? Take a couple seconds and breath dude 

I’m not going to just artificially fabricate positivity out of nowhere. I was positive when we signed Thanos and when D Hall said he was coming back. But I refuse to pretend that wasting a roster spot on Zach Calzada is a positive thing, just because Harsin is the coach.

Unless they are adding someone else. Then I’ll become positive again. But we’ve seen this song and dance hundreds of times with coaches and recruits. We always “almost” landed “that” guy. I’ll be shocked and jumping for joy of Calzada is just being added as a depth guy. But he had to have had some indication that his situation was going to be better than at TexAM.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not going to just artificially fabricate positivity out of nowhere. I was positive when we signed Thanos and when D Hall said he was coming back. But I refuse to pretend that wasting a roster spot on Zach Calzada is a positive thing, just because Harsin is the coach.

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Let’s assume he’s coming in to be compete with the other guy we add, if there is one. How on earth is it going to help us to add Calzada as a depth guy with D. Davis, Holden, and Finley. What purpose does he serve, in a time when we need to add multiple  linemen, another CB, at least 2 WR’s, a LB or two, etc, etc?

Do you know something about the QB depth chart that the rest of us don’t? If so, please share.

I think Calzada will be decent at Auburn.  He did beat Alabama as a back up QB and beat us.  He's got a couple years to play so he could end up really good.  

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How on earth is it going to help us to add Calzada as a depth guy with D. Davis, Holden, and Finley.

We have two SEC starters in the room now as well as two freshmen. 

Quality depth at the QB position is a good thing. Don’t know what else to tell you. 

Our writers have already said that it doesn’t mean we’re done either, just like a couple of well respected posters have posted as well.

Can’t imagine being upset that we added an SEC starter to the room. Just seems silly to me. 

5 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Being an Auburn fan my entire life, I get why everyone is so skeptical but when you look at the other schools he is supposedly looking at, we honestly have the most upside if he is looking for NIL $$$ plus development at the position. 

LSU:  Bigger rebuild than us currently

Miami:  Dumpster fire that still has not hired an OC to work with QBs, Bryan McClendon will coach RBs and he’s not even going to call plays

UGA:  Think this is mostly internet rumor and even their own insiders are saying they are not hearing one peep about Kirby pursuing him….plus Kirby has a history of mismanaging his QB room.  Maybe Caleb can make a call to Justin Fields about that. 

USC:  Seems the obvious choice to most to follow Riley but something tells me if that was going to happen it would have happened already. 

OU:  They just signed Gabriel, Williams is not staying there. 

I do think us hiring Austin Davis combined with Harsin’s experience with QBs gives us an edge if we can convince him the Oline is going to improve.  

I think the news today probably (!) puts a casket on this whole Caleb thing, but here’s my thoughts on this 

1. Kelly is pretty close to a tier 1 coach, and has more of a QB report to college coaches than Harsin and Davis. LSU could be a bigger rebuild but they also have about the same level of receiver and OL talent, if not a bit better. They also are going to be trusted to get to a higher level in both of those categories before us (and raise the general talent period). They’re LSU 
2. Cristobal is as good a recruiter as college has, and has recent names to show for that. Also has Justin Herbert to show for NFL names while Harsin has? It also appears that their current admin is involving the city as an advantage more, from what I’ve read. They’re throwing out a lot more effort
3. UGA, who knows if they want them. There’s no advantage I can think of that Auburn has on them right now for QBs. They got Carson Beck and Vandagriff to join a QB room with Daniels and the walk on accountant. They got Fields to join a room with Eason and Fromm. Regardless of how outsiders feel about things, the QB recruits clearly do not care about that mismanagement 

• Like 1

I didn't want to post in his commitment thread but man if Calzada is the only transfer QB we get or if he is the best QB we can get then just got ahead and mail it in next year as another wasted effort on Offense. Maybe we get the OL we need to be decent but that is the best we can hope for we the QB room we have. 

Forever backups TJ and Calzada
Could not beat out Loy aka Dee Davis
A Freshman

Look out SEC 😬

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

We have two SEC starters in the room now as well as two freshmen. 

Quality depth at the QB position is a good thing. Don’t know what else to tell you. 

Our writers have already said that it doesn’t mean we’re done either, just like a couple of well respected posters have posted as well.

Can’t imagine being upset that we added an SEC starter to the room. Just seems silly to me. 

If Calzada is coming in to ride the bench behind our starter that’s cool. His dumb decision. But that’s assuming that our writer know sh*t about sh*t. Which they’ve proven time and time again not to. They just want people to follow them. 

If Caleb Williams or someone significantly better signs with Auburn, you can be 100% sure my positivity level will be where you want it to be.

image.gif

…but is all seriousness, I think he is at least an upgrade over TJ and I wish him success. Also if we sign another QB, 1-2 will transfer out. We are not going to have 5 QBs on the roster. 

Edited by gr82b4au

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Also if we sign another QB, 1-2 will transfer out. We are not going to have 5 QBs on the roster. 

I don't see why that's a problem

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

The kind of $ that is being discussed- shocking is an understatement. But Lane is good with QBs. 
I would rather him go there than LSU or Uga. The Ole Miss defense is awful. 

These kids & more importantly their parents want huge $$package deals$$ now through NIL.  Guaranteed $$ up front with installment $$ distributions in the package. 

37 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I think Calzada will be decent at Auburn.  He did beat Alabama as a back up QB and beat us.  He's got a couple years to play so he could end up really good.  

And Auburn with Bo Nix *shrugs*