Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

25 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We do but Auburn has the most difficult path to the college football playoff in the country. Every year when people talk about SOS, we are always up at or near the top. We are the only team in the SEC west that also plays Uga every year. The other team somewhat comparable is TN but they play in the east and avoid LSU, Tam, etc. 

We also schedule an out of conference games that are usually good.

That doesn’t mean Ole Miss’s is easier.  They have to play US every year, and haven’t had the greatest success in that department. 

Historically we are head and shoulders above Ole Miss and probably always will be.  Even when they had one of the greatest QBs to ever step foot on a field playing for them, they couldn’t even make it to ATL.  

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

That doesn’t mean Ole Miss’s is easier.  They have to play US every year, and haven’t had the greatest success in that department. 

Historically we are head and shoulders above Ole Miss and probably always will be.  Even when they had one of the greatest QBs to ever step foot on a field playing for them, they couldn’t even make it to ATL.  

I think you're right about Ole Miss and their overall program. Kiffin may eventually be looking for a more powerful P5 team to go to, and can use this one as good leverage.

And part of his problem this year was ofc not beating Alabama, but also his 4th down decisions against Auburn backfired, and as we now know our offense struggled in the 4th quarter from then on, and any of those FGs Kiffin passed on might have  put them in a position to win. 

5 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Sounds like Robby Ashford is who they will target if CW goes elsewhere.  

Casey Thompson seemed to be anywhere BUT Nebraska but that apparently was his only choice. 

Right.  Forgot about him and being from Hoover. 

Thompson is headed to Nebraska.  

11 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Sounds like Robby Ashford is who they will target if CW goes elsewhere.

Was that the former Hoover QB we thought we would get at one time? 

10 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Wilson also transferred during his college years. 

Also strongly considered Auburn when he transferred.  Some thought we had a very real shot at him.  Maybe he actually still loves Auburn and gives him a nudge. 

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think Mr. Scott Schrader is just regurgitating the Colin Cowherd's of the world trying to will Caleb Williams to USC.

• Like 1

Anyone know of Harsin has any relation with Jaxson Dart?

Boise offered in May of 2020, I guess during covid so no camps or on campus or off campus visits.

Could be another transfer if Caleb goes to USC

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 9:31 AM, AEAugirl said:

Statistically he was better than Nix last year behind an even worse offensive line than ours that would collapse against Big 12 defensive lines.  He’s got some mobility…not quite the wizard Nix could be but he’s not going to stand in the pocket like a statue or with happy feet like Finley and Calzada. 

Calzada IMO is not much better than Finley and has some of the same issues Finley has which was a problem this year.  We need a QB with at least some mobility unless our Oline does a complete 180. 

I’ll also say I trust Harsin’s judgement regarding quarterback 10000 times more than I ever did Gus.  

Curious what you are basing this from? What issues do you believe ZC and TJF share? I see glaring differences in the 2. 

ZC is mobile enough to extend plays. There is plenty of evidence of this. He is a good bit more mobile than TJ from what I have seen from both.

• Like 1

There was a poster on another forum that was saying that CW was fishing for a $5 mil NIL deal. It’s all just rumor at this point, but that’s an insane amount of money to spend on one guy that hasn’t even won anything. It’s also the kind of deal that could possibly cause a team to fracture, unless the guy was Cam Newtoning his teammates to a Natty. 

I’d probably take the $5mil and bring in a few top receivers and lineman and pour as much stock into bring DD up to speed as much as possible. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There was a poster on another forum that was saying that CW was fishing for a $5 mil NIL deal. It’s all just rumor at this point, but that’s an insane amount of money to spend on one guy that hasn’t even won anything. It’s also the kind of deal that could possibly cause a team to fracture, unless the guy was Cam Newtoning his teammates to a Natty. 

I’d probably take the $5mil and bring in a few top receivers and lineman and pour as much stock into bring DD up to speed as much as possible. 

People want to gloss over the "team" problems NIL is going to cause. These are 18 year olds who for the most part are immature and get their self worth from the sport they play. You better believe it is going to cause major team fractures. People in love with NIL like to laugh it off, but I can see team drama getting downright ugly for some.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

People want to gloss over the "team" problems NIL is going to cause. These are 18 year olds who for the most part are immature and get their self worth from the sport they play. You better believe it is going to cause major team fractures. People in love with NIL like to laugh it off, but I can see team drama getting downright ugly for some.

Oh for sure. No way some of these guys don’t have the, “I don’t get paid enough to put in the same work as him” attitude. Innocent little NIL deals to come on a podcast or sign some posters is one thing. But we are talking about millions of dollars being thrown around to guys who can’t even legally drink a beer. It’s going to definitely have its cons.

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh for sure. No way some of these guys don’t have the, “I don’t get paid enough to put in the same work as him” attitude. Innocent little NIL deals to come on a podcast or sign some posters is one thing. But we are talking about millions of dollars being thrown around to guys who can’t even legally drink a beer. It’s going to definitely have its cons.

Will also be interesting to see how they can handle the pressure. That star QB starts having bad games when he signed a million dollar NIL...he could easily fall apart. Just crazy to me that so many are getting crazy NIL offers when they've never stepped on campus. It makes the "NIL" name bogus. If it were truly "NIL", the schools would not be involved in administering it.

Edited by boisnumber1

What I see happening is kids that were not thought to be superstars coming out of HS and then turn out to be really good will all enter the portal and transfer no matter what school they are at just to get a huge payday. I’m Ok with this. It’s just an angle I never thought of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcware said:

What I see happening is kids that were not thought to be superstars coming out of HS and then turn out to be really good will all enter the portal and transfer no matter what school they are at just to get a huge payday. I’m Ok with this. It’s just an angle I never thought of.

This!!! This is spot on. And if I were in their situation I can't say I wouldn't do the same. But it takes any loyalty out of it. Its no longer student athletes I'm afraid. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Will also be interesting to see how they can handle the pressure. That star QB starts having bad games when he signed a million dollar NIL...he could easily fall apart. Just crazy to me that so many are getting crazy NIL offers when they've never stepped on campus. It makes the "NIL" name bogus. If it were truly "NIL", the schools would not be involved in administering it.

To best of my knowledge, schools aren’t allowed to get involved.   

• Like 1