Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

5 hours ago, wildlife alumni said:

For most schools, I agree. However, there are some school that have donors that hate loosing and have enough stupid money to make a big difference. I think the powers will shift over time to these schools. I wonder if it will eventually force some school into a different division that goes about athletics differently.

Just think how much money someone like CW could make for the town of AU and anyone that deals in merchandise or goods related to AU. If he could have a Cam type impact on the program. How much could a business make off of his likeness (jersey sales, etc.) Is he worth the price? No clue. Would I like to see? Absolutely, as long as it not my money. 

No. Look at the Clemson QB and Dr Pepper. I know Bryce Young has paid dividends, but you're talking about 18-21 year olds. Give it a few years. No business with any sense will give big money unless it's a Tebow type. And maybe not then.

uat and uga dont apply here for obvious reasons. 

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He also predicted Khurtiss Perry to Auburn. But I hope he’s right 

To be fair most did, especially those outside of the Auburn circle.

17 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He also predicted Khurtiss Perry to Auburn. But I hope he’s right 

Wasn’t the talk after ESD that he *had* told our staff he was coming? 

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Wasn’t the talk after ESD that he *had* told our staff he was coming? 

Not sure. I know Keith and Jlee never put out an official prediction on him cause they said it was too close to call 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 6.01.12 PM.png

I just saw both of these on my twitter lol 

I will say the first is an Auburn fan and the second has 240 followers. Not saying they aren't plugged in, and I obv hope they're right, but if they're blowing smoke, you could see why 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Will believe it when it happens . Would be huge though 

There's a weird amount of smoke around it. Trying to ignore it lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just saw both of these on my twitter lol 

I will say the first is an Auburn fan and the second has 240 followers. Not saying they aren't plugged in, and I obv hope they're right, but if they're blowing smoke, you could see why 

Exactly. Follow my Twitter. They use the excitement to get attention with no info.

• Like 1

Maybe we will see something happen if its going to happen when Davis's game finishes tomorrow and he turns his focus to Auburn.  Maybe a meeting is planned that we do not know about.  We will see.  I am with some others in that I want to see it being predicted by others before I start getting excited.  I hope it is true.

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There's a weird amount of smoke around it. Trying to ignore it lol

yeah Im alot more invested into it today than I have been before. not anyone I can trust but when I start seeing a stream of folks with no vested interest into AU sports think it could happen...im like well then

I will say, USC was the obvious pick and we're hearing everyone except USC to this point. Even though UGA gets everyone at QB they want, I feel alot better about it being us vs them than us vs Lincoln Riley or USC

For what it's worth, his WR is in LA today taking a visit.  Probably means nothing but worth noting.

3 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

For what it's worth, his WR is in LA today taking a visit.  Probably means nothing but worth noting.

I think CW himself is visiting USC next week. Which is why I’m not super confident yet 

• Dislike 1

I believe it will come down to USC or Auburn.  Need to get word that he is making a visit to Auburn and then I will get more excited.  As of now, cautiously optimistic at best.  If he does not choose Auburn, I think we likely already have another transfer QB lined up and the news will drop quickly.  This is all just speculation on my part.

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I think CW himself is visiting USC next week. Which is why I’m not super confident yet 

USC insiders were saying he was going to be visiting this weekend.  Mario Williams is there so they may have assumed Caleb Williams would be there too, or maybe he is who knows.  

I think USC starts Monday so time is very limited.  I don’t think he can drag this out into next week because he has to get enrolled somewhere for spring semester to be eligible. 

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

USC insiders were saying he was going to be visiting this weekend.  Mario Williams is there so they may have assumed Caleb Williams would be there too, or maybe he is who knows.  

I think USC starts Monday so time is very limited.  I don’t think he can drag this out into next week because he has to get enrolled somewhere for spring semester to be eligible. 

If he is visiting them, I hope it is now and that they both have a last visit with Auburn on Monday/Tuesday.  Need to know something early next week, one way or the other.

36 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

yeah Im alot more invested into it today than I have been before. not anyone I can trust but when I start seeing a stream of folks with no vested interest into AU sports think it could happen...im like well then

I will say, USC was the obvious pick and we're hearing everyone except USC to this point. Even though UGA gets everyone at QB they want, I feel alot better about it being us vs them than us vs Lincoln Riley or USC

If he gets on campus I'll really start believing 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If he gets on campus I'll really start believing 

yeah virtually impossible to take it too serious until a high end recruit sees the plains. I dont know if we've ever got anyone of that caliber in any sport without them taking a visit first