Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

yeah virtually impossible to take it too serious until a high end recruit sees the plains. I dont know if we've ever got anyone of that caliber in any sport without them taking a visit first 

Something that was not available at the end of Gus’ tenure and beginning of Harsin’s. Which I think is why we closed ENSD like we did. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If you search Caleb Williams on Twitter and hit latest, every school thinks they are getting him. Lol. I dunno man, I think we are just part of the group. This man is probably just going to join Lincoln at USC, and all of us Auburn, Wisconsin, and Ole Miss’ are just going to have to sit here and stew. Lol

Prolly right!!

21 minutes ago, WarEagle2 said:

I'm hearing rumblings that caleb will be making an announcement tomorrow afternoon. I assume that's not good since he hasn't visited yet

Yeah you are probably not going to commit to a school you have never visited. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yeah you are probably not going to commit to a school you have never visited. 

NIL $ could make it an acceptation to that rule. 
NIL$ just may undo that rule all together 

14 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Something that was not available at the end of Gus’ tenure and beginning of Harsin’s. Which I think is why we closed ENSD like we did. 

Very true. That’s in part why I didn’t think much of Gus having a bad recruiting class for the majority of that last year, and I didn’t think much of the class as it came for Harsin (other than not pushing for more receivers). It was just a bad deck of cards for both fellas, and the poor product on the field certainly didn’t help the current coach 

• Like 1

Gotta stop getting too up and down with what rando Jeff Smith or whatever makes predictions. No one knows, and everyone feels good. Don't expect it but accept it could happen

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Side note: I see Plumlee is going to UCF. I think he will do very well there. This is exactly the type of QB that Gus should have recruited and stayed with at AU. Like the kid now at Liberty. Wish he would have just stuck with what he did well. 
…anyway it does not matter now… back to the CW rumors…

Gus DID recruit JRP in High School. I don't remember all the deets like some of the other recruiting nuts in here, but I do remember us recruiting him.

Gus did recruit and offer JRP, but as an athlete I think.  Plumlee was determined to be a QB. We had Dual threat BN that year.

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

CW is at rams vs 49ers game... 

image.png

Just taking in an all California NFL game before he flies to Auburn to accept our offer. He sure is clever. If I didn’t know any better it would seem his future destination was never in doubt.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

image.png

Wonder if USC paid for those tickets. That is on the field. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, autan said:

Gus did recruit and offer JRP, but as an athlete I think.  Plumlee was determined to be a QB. We had Dual threat BN that year.

I thought I remembered him being recruited as an ATH but we would be given a shot at QB. JRP was one of my favorite recruits in that class.

16 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

image.png

Not sure but I thought I read somewhere that he'd been planning on it and would check out the LA schools while there. Not vice versa. Who knows

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

Not sure but I thought I read somewhere that he'd been planning on it and would check out the LA schools while there. Not vice versa. Who knows

He's on the field or on the first row. This is a classic "while you're in town, want to go see the game? I got front row seats" from a recruiter or something.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

Your probably right. Been planning this trip since he was a boy. Has nothing to do with following his college coach who just put Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray in the NFL. That’s all just a coincidence and while he is there it’s just convenient to check out the local colleges. Come on people. Am I crazy? It just seems so obvious to me.

6 minutes ago, wcware said:

It just seems so obvious to me.

It is. I thought he was joking. At least I hope he was joking. 

Edited by gr82b4au

7 minutes ago, wcware said:

Your probably right. Been planning this trip since he was a boy. Has nothing to do with following his college coach who just put Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray in the NFL. That’s all just a coincidence and while he is there it’s just convenient to check out the local colleges. Come on people. Am I crazy? It just seems so obvious to me.

It does seem very obvious. We legitimately have nothing to offer this kid other than playing time lol. Our coach just came off of a losing season, new OC, no receivers, no Oline, toughest schedule in the country, small market. Lol

Sometimes I gotta take a step back and realize that everyone doesn’t love Auburn like I do. 

• Thanks 1

Everyone already knew he was visiting USC. I don't get the shock and awe going on here. It has been said he was going to visit...and of course he is going to give a look to the school his former HC went to. It would be stupid not to. It also doesn't mean that it is a forgone conclusion that he commits to them. The chances are high, but we have seen kids do crazy things. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

What do you guys think about Brock Vandagriff @ UGA? Any possibility that he will go in the portal after tomorrow's game? Apparently, his mom played volleyball at Auburn???

I think Carson Beck enters the portal period. I don't know about BV

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wcware said:

Oh I don't buy all the "Jeff Smith on twitter says he's coming here"... probably following Riley. But it's possible he was on vacation in California and got tickets plus visits to the schools. I agree Riley is the easy choice, but he could've also committed there a while ago. Maybe he's actually exploring options

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It does seem very obvious. We legitimately have nothing to offer this kid other than playing time lol. Our coach just came off of a losing season, new OC, no receivers, no Oline, toughest schedule in the country, small market. Lol

Sometimes I gotta take a step back and realize that everyone doesn’t love Auburn like I do. 

We have money and SEC big game exposure to offer him.  Don't overlook Caleb's impact at a place like AU.  He comes and several other pieces likely fall into place from the portal...WR and OL come to AU to play with him.

IF we pull this off, you gotta think this is another adjustment from Harsin, who has been preaching a slow, methodical rebuild - this would be a shortcut to success for sure (I know I'm getting ahead of myself).