Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

Yeah we might as well just stop recruiting the kid since Auburn stinks and has nothing to offer. 

Why would any talented kid want to come to little ole Auburn? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

We have money and SEC big game exposure to offer him.  Don't overlook Caleb's impact at a place like AU.  He comes and several other pieces likely fall into place from the portal...WR and OL come to AU to play with him.

IF we pull this off, you gotta think this is another adjustment from Harsin, who has been preaching a slow, methodical rebuild - this would be a shortcut to success for sure (I know I'm getting ahead of myself).

Dude I’m trying to talk myself out of getting my hopes up. And you’re fighting it. Why do you want to see us all devastated you psychopath!!

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yeah we might as well just stop recruiting the kid since Auburn stinks and has nothing to offer. 

Agree. I'm pretty realistic about where we currently are as a program and the challenges we face, but it's still Auburn and the SEC. He can win here, play in pro-style, plenty of spots to bring his fellow transfer players with him, play on national TV a lot against the big dogs. It's not all bad. Not like Ole Miss and UCLA are powerhouses. USC has it's obvious benefits of course

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I don’t think anyone knows for sure if we are recruiting him. The QB position at USC is a much higher profile position than at Auburn. Add to that he will be running a system he already knows with a coach who puts out 1st round QB’s on the regular. If he doesn’t even visit Auburn then we were probably never even considered. 

4 minutes ago, wcware said:

I don’t think anyone knows for sure if we are recruiting him

We are absolutely recruiting him.

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

The QB position at USC is a much higher profile position than at Auburn

USC hasn’t been relevant in 10 years. While you’re right in theory, the position is not near as prestigious as it once was.

6 minutes ago, wcware said:

Add to that he will be running a system he already knows with a coach who puts out 1st round QB’s on the regular

This is the only accurate thing you just said.

If you’re just trying to not get your hopes up, that’s fine you’re entitled to that. But you don’t have to come into the thread every other day pissing on everyone else’s parade for having an ounce of hope that this could happen. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

USC hasn’t been relevant in 10 years. While you’re right in theory, the position is not near as prestigious as it once was.

If you’re just trying to not get your hopes up, that’s fine you’re entitled to that. But you don’t have to come into the thread every other day pissing on everyone else’s parade for having an ounce of hope that this could happen. 

That’s all you have is hope from a few people with a combined 34 Twitter followers. You can tell yourself what you want. It’s false hope

It amazes me how many get completely up in arms when we miss on a few guys, but then someone like this comes along and act like we shouldn’t even be in the mix. So confusing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think Carson Beck enters the portal period. I don't know about BV

I would take either of them. I still do not understand how Georgia keeps getting those quarterbacks. They are playing a walk on. They have a USC transfer and will not play him although he has been healthy for over a month. Oh and that walkon has another year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

It amazes me how many get completely up in arms when we miss on a few guys, but then someone like this comes along and act like we shouldn’t even be in the mix. So confusing.

I just want offensive linemen. All of them. Haha

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

It should be obvious to you by now that I’m trying to reason through this to tamper by expectations. You take me way too seriously man. I don’t know whether he wants to come to Auburn or not. And it doesn’t really matter what any of us say or think. He’ll either come or he won’t. 

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

That’s all you have is hope from a few people with a combined 34 Twitter followers. You can tell yourself what you want. It’s false hope

Guess I'll cancel my On3 subscription. Thought JLee was was a reputable guy. Seriously, if anyone gets their hopes up to the point that they're crushed then that's on them. Part of the college madness and fun is crazy recruitments like this one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

This I can get on board with. 

I think if we can sign a couple of these line men, it will help whoever the quarterback is dramatically. Also I want the WR, I think from JMU?

I will say that if CW would just visit Auburn , he would love it. Especially our spinach dip. 

17 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Dude I respect the hell out of your ability to keep hope alive. Especially after the last two coaching searches. Some of us don’t have that ability and we are coming at it asking why and how instead of what if. It makes so much sense that he would go to a USC. Or even an Ole Miss. I’m just trying to figure out why Auburn. 

But personally, I at least have a little hope, or I probably wouldn’t be hanging around this thread. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Guess I'll cancel my On3 subscription. Thought JLee was was a reputable guy. 

As a person who has access to all of them, their recruiting info is so much better than the others. Rivals misses jlee badly. He is not always right, but he has connections. He also gave everyone hope on rivals before he left… in the past that would bite  him at times. 
…hope away my friend. Although I do not think he is coming to Auburn, that would be fantastic if he did. 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

I think if we can sign a couple of these line men, it will help whoever the quarterback is dramatically. Also I want the WR, I think from JMU?

I will say that if CW would just visit Auburn , he would love it. Especially our spinach dip. 

I stated a day or so ago somewhere, maybe this thread not sure, that CW could be the kind of domino piece to really turns this program around in a hurry. He could entice those linemen and wrs to follow. I think he knows this, therefore I think we’re in it for him despite others insistence We have nothing to offer. All just speculation on my part.

As far as the lineman I think the coaches will find a few to improve our unit whether it’s the couple we’re on now or possibly some after spring. 

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It should be obvious to you by now that I’m trying to reason through this to tamper by expectations. You take me way too seriously man. I don’t know whether he wants to come to Auburn or not. And it doesn’t really matter what any of us say or think. He’ll either come or he won’t. 

It was a generalized statement big guy 

22 minutes ago, wcware said:

JLee, Hoke, and others have a combined 34 Twitter followers? Did their followers have a mass unfollowing spree and I missed it? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

As a person who has access to all of them, their recruiting info is so much better than the others. Rivals misses jlee badly. He is not always right, but he has connections. He also gave everyone hope on rivals before he left… in the past that would bite  him at times. 
…hope away my friend. Although I do not think he is coming to Auburn, that would be fantastic if he did. 

I think he's arguably the most connected. Remember when he told everyone the night before that Perry wasn't coming. Then said Williams to USC but is now saying we're really in it. Point being, seems like there's a chance, even though I ultimately agree that he's probably not coming

This is what happens.  Coach Davis finishes his game with Seahawks.  CW finishes watching his game today.  They meet up either in Seattle or in Cali and fly back to Auburn together.  On the flight, Coach Davis gives his spill of why Auburn is the best choice.  CW visits the campus on Monday and it is a done deal.  The announcement is made just prior to or right after the National Championship game.  😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I just want offensive linemen. All of them. Haha

I’m with you on that. It won’t matter who the QB is without an offensive line.

18 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

JLee, Hoke, and others have a combined 34 Twitter followers? Did their followers have a mass unfollowing spree and I missed it? 

I think they want increased traffic to their website’s or recruiting services, whatever it is that they offer. I just don’t trust these guys to put out truthful info after some of the stuff we heard from the last coaching search. It benefits them financially to have Auburn fans hoping we get CW. I hope I am wrong and I eat a plate full of crow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Somebody, Neibhur, JLee, Hoke or someone should be able to confirm if he is visiting AU or not next week

7 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Would be huge if true:

There will be many Caleb predictions by many people who may have no idea what they are talking about. 

And I want to see and obsess over every single one. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2