Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Probably Jimmy B, but who's the 2nd

Jess Simpson who started as an AU staffer under Dye and Bowden. I don’t remember him.  Won 7 state titles as coach at Buford High in Georgia. 

Edited by Gowebb11

Folks, Does this news bode well for AU? On the surface no, but until an announcement is made we are not out of it.

I had heard Dart was thinking of entering the portal before any of this stuff really took off. There could be a number of reason including the possibility of CW committing to USC that JD entered Portal.

I said it last night and I do not feel any different. If we can survive the day I think we have a shot. If he visited USC and he committed what is the point of waiting another day to announce? I could see waiting to give LR a chance to talk Dart off the ledge, but that cat is out. So if we don't see it confirmed and announced CW to USC tonight, we are still in this thing. 

Now...if it does end up CW to USC, I actually think we could be just as well off with JD. He actually kind of fits Harsin's mold of a QB better IMO, but you do not turn down a CW no matter what your mold is.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Great reminder that there will be another way of guys going into the portal after spring practice.

Yeah, I don't see the UGA qbs transferring until after spring

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I see that we’re pursuing freshmen now, I don’t think that we intend on starting a freshman over Zach Calzada unless we don’t want Zach Calzada 

Calzada is quite possibly better than anything else we've got. He's got a cannon arm and is 2-0 against the state of Alabama. He fell into our laps so of course we took him.

Now we're looking for someone better, also. Because the plan was never "Calzada is *the* guy." Might be a freshman. Might be nobody. But we're trying. 

I dunno. It all makes pretty good sense to me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

image.jpegBet she would be good at recruiting. 

I was about to post the “Daisy Duke Bikini” gif, but I wasn’t sure if it was kosher or not. Just know that is what I was thinking.

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was about to post the “Daisy Duke Bikini” gif, but I wasn’t sure if it was kosher or not. Just know that is what I was thinking.

I don't know about kosher, but yummy none the less...😉

47 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

4AC5DC2A-CA9E-44F5-B1C8-6BAB27E2B288.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

yeah but can they play offensive tackle

Seems more like a long snapper to me….

Get it😉?

waiting for the ban now…….

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I figure Harsin and Davis are putting on a full court press to try and get him to come take a "look see."  I agree, if we get through the night without an announcement, it could mean he has a visit set up and will announce after that.  The fact that we have made it through another 24 hours with nothing is a good thing.  Davis is on the job full time now.  I like having all hands on deck.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

All I want to know is what in the evaluation process allowed for Calzada to be the guy we ended up with 

Tbqh seems we forgot to evaluate him

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

What does this even mean?

Situation is fluid

1 minute ago, struttinduck01 said:

First day of Spring classes at USC is today.  If CW and Mario where going to be enrolled for spring, shouldn't we have heard something today?

Add/Drop date is usually a week or two after first classed. So they have time