Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No way I would let him play. WTH does it do for UF

Maybe trot him out there for bowl practice and go "live" on the qb....

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

If we can grab a QB like Slovis it should help us get a proven transfer receiver or two knowing they have someone that can get them the ball. Or it could work in reverse. Point is we need to snag a hot name to help snag the other. Dont know who's available in the portal but I read Copeland is for sure and possibly Boutte is as well. 

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

Maybe trot him out there for bowl practice and go "live" on the qb....

Put a green jersey on him rather than no contact jersey!

• Love 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's nowhere as pronounced. He almost looks like a submarine pitcher.😂

True. My first thought was Kosar. Not a true sidearm, but lower delivery.

Hopefully the OL keeps defenders down a little.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

True. My first thought was Kosar. Not a true sidearm, but lower delivery.

Hopefully the OL keeps defenders down a little.

Good comp

18 hours ago, fredst said:

Dang it you rapscallion, I am going to seriously miss you if Slovis doesn’t end up at AU. Too late to include me in your estate planning…?

I tried to add you to the will but my lawyer said he needed more info than "fredst, that awesome guy from the auburn forum." I showed him the picture of your dogs and everything. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

I tried to add you to the will but my lawyer said he needed more info than "fredst, that awesome guy from the auburn forum." I showed him the picture of your dogs and everything. 

Darn. I always wanted to be affiliated with a rapscallion (great word btw). Ah well, one can dream....

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, alexava said:

How can he have 4 years left?

Good question.......I swear it seem like Martinez was at Nebraska a good 10 years 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Says a lot that Gus couldn’t keep someone that talented on the team 

Maybe he wants to be closer to home. Respectfully 

7 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Or maybe Gus is just a terrible QB coach. That’s definitely true 

Arent their offense under the same umbrella. Cali is much closer to Hawaii than Florida

24 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Why would a QB want to transfer to Auburn with the current state of our offensive line? 

Because we're historically a top 15 team in the country, Bryan Harsin is a good QB coach, we just hired Russell Wilson's QB coach, we'll be featured on national TV at least 4-5 teams every season, and the starting job is wide ass open. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, e808 said:

Arent their offense under the same umbrella. Cali is much closer to Hawaii than Florida

Chip Kelly has gone through a renaissance since coming back to college ball. He’s pretty much the complete opposite of his Oregon days at this point. Lots of 12 formation sets, power running schemes, and not much hurry up, up tempo stuff. 

33 minutes ago, Taco said:

Chip Kelly has gone through a renaissance since coming back to college ball. He’s pretty much the complete opposite of his Oregon days at this point. Lots of 12 formation sets, power running schemes, and not much hurry up, up tempo stuff. 

For sure. I watch alot of UCLA games and its very different style of football that he was known for. He's evolved. His running backs pound the ball with a much bigger offensive line. No the slimmed down guys that used to have for fast pace offenses.... Opposite of someone we know....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

For sure. I watch alot of UCLA games and its very different style of football that he was known for. He's evolved. His running backs pound the ball with a much bigger offensive line. No the slimmed down guys that used to have for fast pace offenses.... Opposite of someone we know....

Idk just watched the Oregon vs UCLA replay. Looks similar to what he use to run. Zone read and quick passes. Those linemen aren’t very big. The only difference he doesn’t have the small quick twitch speedy guys like at Oregon.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:
3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Why would a QB want to transfer to Auburn with the current state of our offensive line? 

Because we're historically a top 15 team in the country, Bryan Harsin is a good QB coach, we just hired Russell Wilson's QB coach, we'll be featured on national TV at least 4-5 teams every season, and the starting job is wide ass open.

Well, yeah, but really why?

• Haha 1

I hope we have talked to Slovis and Ward already.  Seems like I saw that we had reached out to them....I could be mistaken.  Decent QB's in the portal are committing to other schools or returning to their schools.  Had a few today.  I hope we don't miss on any of the remaining good ones because we are not pushing hard enough.  Sure that is not the case.  QB has to want to come to AU and we have to want QB's that fit our offense.

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Ok, he didn't mention anything about a good OL, so we might be in decent shape

man, our OL......that is gonna be such a huge barrier to finding a quality QB