Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

12 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

AUCivENG you mad because the best you could do was civil engineering.   Come on man ease up.

Hey man I’m not making fun of you. I’m in the same boat. We are desperate for a splash on offense. I do think that we should tamper our expectations to maybe a Jack Sears or Robby Ashford. That’s what we are likely to get. But it’s also a real possibility that Zach Calzada is the guy.

2 hours ago, metafour said:

- Big arm, good performance on the deep ball.

- Prototypical size/better than nothing athleticism.

- High toughness/intangibles ("gamer").

There is optimism that they can coach out some of his deficiencies, and there is also belief that he may have been playing hurt for parts of this past season which would have obviously affected his performance (he got injured against both Bama and us, so not exactly a stretch). 

Furthermore, Calzada had both a higher drop rate and pressure rate than Nix faced at Auburn this past season. There is a tendency to default to "he looked bad with A&M's superior talent", but his receivers dropped a lot of balls and the OL was not helpful.

We'll see; it wouldn't be the first time an OC/QB coach got overly arrogant in terms of thinking they could "fix" a QB. Calzada's tools are real, the accuracy is obviously concerning.

Be careful using logic and reason in here!!!!

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Look I'm pretty pleased with how we're handling defensive recruiting/roster management but offensive recruiting has for the most part been atrocious. South freaking Carolina currently has a brighter future on that side of the ball than us.

Hmmmm..

56 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not even surprised, to be honest. Nobody with any legit credibility ever even mentioned us having a chance. 

This isn't true; our recruitment of him has been talked about by Jeffrey Lee and other writers (let alone multiple "message board insider" types). We have been recruiting him hard and have felt like we had a decent to good shot. That doesn't mean that he was a lock to come here (literally nobody said that) or that it wouldn't be hard to pull him.

Jeff Lee literally just said this ~15 mins ago:

"Auburn is still pushing, “putting everything into this one,” according to a source tonight. But again, I don’t think Dart leaving is a coincidence. That’s not a good sign for Auburn imo."

Edited by metafour
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Guys take pictures in jerseys at every school they visit. Not saying he won’t go to USC but this picture doesn’t prove anything. 

True.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Bet you wish that was an Auburn jersey. I do. Ha

Indeed. ;)

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude probably isn’t even going to visit us. I’m not even surprised, to be honest. Nobody with any legit credibility ever even mentioned us having a chance. 

I’ve got you figured out man, you put your expectations of something good to happen for us at 0%. Maybe 10%.

That way you won’t bring any bad mojo to us and you won’t be disappointed 👍

But secretly you’re really optimistic 👍👍
*dont worry I’ll never tell your secret *😂

1 hour ago, metafour said:

This isn't true; our recruitment of him has been talked about by Jeffrey Lee

He said someone with legit credibility 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

South freaking Carolina currently has a brighter future on that side of the ball than us.

There was someone that kept bringing up Shane Beamer's name as a coach for Auburn, but it was never really received well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Auburn is still pushing, “putting everything into this one,” according to a source tonight.

We have to. After watching tonight’s national championship game, we don’t have another choice. Auburn is the toughest job in America. Both of our hated rivals are dominating college football. If we don’t step up and pay to get better players, we may see this same game over and over and over again. Sickening. 

Just now, bigbird said:

There was someone that kept bring up Shane Beamer's name as a coach for Auburn, but it was never really received well. 

He was higher on my board because he can recruit. He is proving it. They are going to give teams in the SEC East problems.

We MUST recruit better on offense (defense was awesome). This is the Same problem we had with Gus. 
I am just mad watching that freaking game haha

Calzada is solid but we need another guy. Just don't buy that TJ and DD will be here come fall. I get that CW was a pipe dream. Money's not everything, but we should be able to outspend a BYU, WVU, or OM for Dart. If that fails, we should be able to get one of the impending UGA castoffs. Yet, I'm in believe it when I see it mode because that's how it is

My hopes are up about getting Williams with all the talk of making it through the day without hearing anything.   But if you are looking to temper expectations, if I were Riley and Williams, I would announce it tomorrow to get full coverage and not be overshadowed by the championship game.

Just now, shuebru said:

My hopes are up about getting Williams with all the talk of making it through the day without hearing anything.   But if you are looking to temper expectations, if I were Riley and Williams, I would announce it tomorrow to get full coverage and not be overshadowed by the championship game.

It’s going to be overshadowed by the championship game regardless. Most people don’t care about CW or his recruitment. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That is his former coach. Like CW leaving for USC. 

It's the obvious answer and I tend to agree, but then I read on OM On3 that they don't see that. Admittedly, those dudes are some of the biggest homers I've seen. Some smoke for him to OM because of Lane and a guy on their offensive staff that recruited him to USC. If we were actually offering CW a million, offer this kid $500,000-750. Make him say no 

7 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I’ve got you figured out man, you put your expectations of something good to happen for us at 0%. Maybe 10%.

That way you won’t bring any bad mojo to us and you won’t be disappointed 👍

But secretly you’re really optimistic 👍👍
*dont worry I’ll never tell your secret *😂

Haha that’s exactly it

9 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This guy does scream east Alabama. He hasn’t even left Georgia. Lol. We are so desperate to role into the season with someone else that we are just grabbing for anyone with a legit chance of being decent.😂

D595BC6A-E9D0-4046-9223-0FCB779DC4DF.jpeg

Let’s not act like Vandagriff is some scrub.  Dude is a legit talent….5 star out of HS that was heading to Oklahoma at first then ended up signing with UGA.

Coach’s son and comes from a family of athletes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Let’s not act like Vandagriff is some scrub.  Dude is a legit talent….5 star out of HS that was heading to Oklahoma at first then ended up signing with UGA.

Coach’s son and comes from a family of athletes. 

I never said he was a scrub. He’s probably more talented than anyone in our QB room. The point of my post is that there is absolutely zero indication that he even wants to leave Georgia. Much less come to Auburn. And he’s as unknown as Dee Davis at this point, so we would just be adding another guy that hasn’t done anything on the collegiate level. 

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Auburn is the toughest job in America.

Not even close. 

I guarantee you there are at least 75 FBS head coaches who would jump at the chance to trade places with Bryan Harsin. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DAG said:

It’s going to be overshadowed by the championship game regardless. Most people don’t care about CW or his recruitment. 

I agree.   Most don't.  But waiting until the post championship storylines have been aired, leaves more room in the news cycle.   In the college football world it's a pretty dead spot news wise now until late signing day.

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not even close. 

I guarantee you there are at least 75 FBS head coaches who would jump at the chance to trade places with Bryan Harsin. 

Toughness is hard to quantify. Sure having booming dynasties like Bama and Georgia being your rivals is hard but Auburn also has many built in advantages unlike many schools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1