Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Idk how much it's been mentioned or talked about, but I hope CW looks into the tax structure and some of the insane healthcare laws that the CA legislators are trying to push thru. Anyone making bank in CA is going to be footing the bill for everyone else. No way in hell would I move to CA at this point and time.

The thing about living in a higher tax state like CA is that you have the opportunity to make way more than you could anywhere else. Depends on your circumstances of course, but it's not as simple as "taxes are higher so then you're poor."

• Like 2

Idk how much it's been mentioned or talked about, but I hope CW looks into the tax structure and some of the insane healthcare laws that the CA legislators are trying to push thru. Anyone making bank in CA is going to be footing the bill for everyone else. No way in hell would I move to CA at this point and time.

I get it, but I doubt any college athletes are basing their decisions on taxes against their NIL deal. 

11 minutes ago, TigerStripe said:

The thing about living in a higher tax state like CA is that you have the opportunity to make way more than you could anywhere else. Depends on your circumstances of course, but it's not as simple as "taxes are higher so then you're poor."

I never said it was. Can make way more than anywhere else... doesn't apply to NIL in any way, but ok.

4 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I get it, but I doubt any college athletes are basing their decisions on taxes against their NIL deal. 

Oh, so you think they are stupid? If you are basing where you are going on "how much money you are getting", why wouldn't you care how much money you are getting?

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Oh, so you think they are stupid? 

Yes that's what I said...

If I'm expected to make it to nfl and making millions I'm going to the school that gives me the best chance to achieve that. Not worried about an extra 10% on a NIL deal. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

Yes that's what I said...

If I'm expected to make it to nfl and making millions I'm going to the school that gives me the best chance to achieve that. Not worried about an extra 10% on a NIL deal. 

You must have studied finance.

41 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Oh, my apologies. Could he be a spring graduate?

I have no idea but I would think programs would want him to be able to enroll for spring to have a chance at starting so being a late graduate transfer doesn’t sound promising for him.  

He’s had a lot of injuries during his career and its just kinda dumb luck he was hurt again and a walk on came in and snatched his job. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

There was someone that kept bringing up Shane Beamer's name as a coach for Auburn, but it was never really received well. 

You were right on that one. You've overall had a good track record of predicting coaches but I just don't know if that streak continues with CBH. Just kind of depressing how USCe is (albeit narrowly) projected to be ranked and we're not.

https://www.secrant.com/sec-football/2022-way-too-early-college-football-rankings-from-espn/100723117/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

You were right on that one. You've overall had a good track record of predicting coaches but I just don't know if that streak continues with CBH. Just kind of depressing how USCe is (albeit narrowly) projected to be ranked and we're not.

https://www.secrant.com/sec-football/2022-way-too-early-college-football-rankings-from-espn/100723117/

Preseason rankings are a joke... especially now with the portal. 

Just now, bigbird said:

Well, the TP is probably why they slipped in. I just don't understand why we can't get good OLs in the TP?

• Like 1

I never said it was. Can make way more than anywhere else... doesn't apply to NIL in any way, but ok.

I think the IRS would see it differently.  They’ll want their cut of the NIL income just like they do ordinary income.

6 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I think the IRS would see it differently.  They’ll want their cut of the NIL income just like they do ordinary income.

Not what I meant. I meant a school being in CA doesn't necessarily mean they are going to pay more than schools elsewhere. The pay scale doesn't really apply.

Not what I meant. I meant a school being in CA doesn't necessarily mean they are going to pay more than schools elsewhere. The pay scale doesn't really apply.

Gotcha

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree. However,  it's very possible that AU starting QB next fall will be a backup from another SEC school ( Calzada or Finley). Doesn't exactly give hope to fans or strike fear in opponents.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree. However,  it's very possible that AU starting QB next fall will be a backup from another SEC school ( Calzada or Finley). Doesn't exactly give hope to fans or strike fear in opponents.

Gives hope to me. Plenty of backups would've won 10 games for us this past season.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Gives hope to me. Plenty of backups would've won 10 games for us this past season.

Just so I understand what your saying.... U think we win 10 this year with Calzada or Finley?

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Whoever starts next season, knowing they had to beat Calzada to win the job if he is not starting makes me feel more optimismic than before had he not came

Edited by Mcbowen327
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mcbowen327 said:

Whoever starts next season, I will feel better knowing they had to beat Calzada to win the job if he is not starting makes me feel better than I felt before

That's a really great way of stating it. 

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just so I understand what your saying.... U think we win 10 this year with Calzada or Finley?

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying. No, I don't think those particular backups win 10 games at Auburn in 2021. Calzada maybe, but I wouldn't say that with any confidence, no. 

I do think that, with a lot of learning moments under their belts and a full offseason in our system, and with Austin Davis as their position coach and Harsin calling plays, and with better receiving options than we started with in 2021, they could be 10-game winners in 2022.