Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Point taken . We can agree to disagree. I don't think we win 10 with either of them in 2022.. Hope I'm wrong

I'm totally hoping we land a CW or a Dart. I definitely don't mean to imply that I'm, like, fired up about what we have on hand. I'm just not going to lose all hope for the 2022 season if we don't get the splash QB.

We still have a chance, boys! (And girls) Remember, Austin Davis just reported to work yesterday. Coincidence? I think not!

Screenshot_20220112-082702-957.png

Screenshot_20220112-082613-141.png

• Like 1

It’s weird that the Oline improved by two super seniors the day or two before CW comes to visit, and the new OC shows up. Coincidence? I don’t believe in coincidences.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

With or without lawyer guy's input, we've got a chance until we don't. 

*rant incoming, feel free to not read* 

What I do know is that all of you folks who are in such a hurry to call BS every time a positive possibility doesn't pan out for us need to chill the hell out. Guess what? Bob Stoops really did almost coach here. We really did have a shot at Mario Cristobal, too. And whether or not the Williams kid plays here, we were very much in it til the end. Just because it didn't happen doesn't mean most of what was said wasn't true. You're never going to see direct quotes about any of this stuff that happens. Look at us hiring Bryan Harsin. Nobody knew a damned thing about it until it became a reality and you've still never seen a shred of evidence about how those conversations went down. So just chill the hell out, cross your fingers for good news, and don't try to act some kind of way no matter what happens. We shoot out shots. Some go in, some don't. 

Pessimism: Either You're Always Right, or Pleasantly Surprisedtm.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Pessimism: Either You're Always Right, or Pleasantly Surprisedtm.

Could you have a quick chat with my wife? How does she not appreciate that I'm never disappointed???

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

It’s weird that the Oline improved by two super seniors the day or two before CW comes to visit, and the new OC shows up. Coincidence? I don’t believe in coincidences.

I pointed out in the OLs returning thread that they just happened to announce the same day that Davis got here. Might be nothing but hard to ignore, especially after we had that wave of announcements on defense much earlier. 

Also, side note that I'm sure someone else has already pointed out, it's better to get the last visit. It's awesome that he visited USC before us. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Another rant feel free not to read:

Had my end of year evaluation last Thursday at my job and one of my weaknesses was I almost always choose pessimism because I don’t want to get disappointed. I don’t do this with Auburn because what good does it do me? Auburn doesn’t pay my bills, it doesn’t drastically change my life if we don’t sign Caleb Williams or if we lose in basketball. I choose to be positive about Auburn because what good does it do to not? I want to *ENJOY* Auburn and everything it has to offer. I don’t want to be pessimistic about it because pessimism leads to me just hating Auburn. 

I needed to hear this . It’s the gospel bro 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Another rant feel free not to read:

Had my end of year evaluation last Thursday at my job and one of my weaknesses was I almost always choose pessimism because I don’t want to get disappointed. I don’t do this with Auburn because what good does it do me? Auburn doesn’t pay my bills, it doesn’t drastically change my life if we don’t sign Caleb Williams or if we lose in basketball. I choose to be positive about Auburn because what good does it do to not? I want to *ENJOY* Auburn and everything it has to offer. I don’t want to be pessimistic about it because pessimism leads to me just hating Auburn. 

Completely agree. To add to your point, it is escape from real life. Why be negative about something likes sports teams when there is so much other negativity in today’s world 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Completely agree. To add to your point, it is escape from real life. Why be negative about something likes sports teams when there is so much other negativity in today’s world 

You said it with less words my friend 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

We still have a chance, boys! (And girls) Remember, Austin Davis just reported to work yesterday. Coincidence? I think not!

Screenshot_20220112-082702-957.png

Screenshot_20220112-082613-141.png

Does anyone know who this Chance Lawyer Is? Is he legit?

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No idea but that guy has doubled down hard on CW being in Auburn today. 

He is one of the more active Reddit posters so this isn’t someone that just appeared out of nowhere.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure. His account is 5 months old so not like it was created just to post about CW. But reddit is about the last place I'd listen to or trust someone about sports.

3 minutes ago, gman87 said:

Wife - I'm pissed off.

Me - Again or still?

That reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke, and my apologies to those who have already heard me repackage it more than once:

"She used to be pissed off at me. She still is, but she used to be, too."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought about the two OL guys returning last night and Caleb Williams.   Had we landed two serviceable, yet underwhelming transfers with SEC experience last night - Auburn fans would be ECSTATIC!    Well, guess what -  this is better b/c they know the expectations and their teammates.  There is already some synergy.

This is huge and with CW visiting this week (is that still a thing? ), this is well timed.  I heard the OC has spoken with CWs parents  and knows them from camps he worked at.  Supposedly has known the family for a while now.  Yeah, Lincoln Riley has too and more intimately.   But CW needs to make a biz decision and  if his dad feels the QB coach for Seahawks QB (Seahawks - NFL) may be best to develop him - that may be the swing vote.   Think about how much 1 on 1 is the HC gonna develop him at USC?    That is what Auburn needs to pound the table about, if he comes to visit. 

Auburn basically hired him a personal coach.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I thought about the two OL guys returning last night and Caleb Williams.   Had we landed two serviceable, yet underwhelming transfers with SEC experience last night - Auburn fans would be ECSTATIC!    Well, guess what -  this is better b/c they know the expectations and their teammates.  There is already some synergy.

This is huge and with CW visiting this week (is that still a thing? ), this is well timed.  I heard the OC has spoken with CWs parents  and knows them from camps he worked at.  Supposedly has known the family for a while now.  Yeah, Lincoln Riley has too and more intimately.   But CW needs to make a biz decision and  if his dad feels the QB coach for Seahawks QB (Seahawks - NFL) may be best to develop him - that may be the swing vote.   Think about how much 1 on 1 is the HC gonna develop him at USC?    That is what Auburn needs to pound the table about, if he comes to visit. 

Just personal opinion, but I don't think Brahms or Trox are enticing to a QB like him. With all due respect to them, especially Brahms, they are average at best SEC linemen. Now, if we get Brooks/Nourzard, whom I believe could be above average in this league, then I completely agree. I also agree about Davis. Hope he's working the phones non-stop

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I also read somewhere that CW and his family would ideally like him to be closer to the east coast. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Had we landed two serviceable, yet underwhelming transfers with SEC experience last night - Auburn fans would be ECSTATIC!    Well, guess what -  this is better b/c they know the expectations and their teammates.  There is already some synergy.

Maaaaan, you nailed it right here. Nailed it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Just personal opinion, but I don't think Brahms or Trox are enticing to a QB like him. With all due respect to them, especially Brahms, they are average at best SEC linemen. Now, if we get Brooks/Nourzard, whom I believe could be above average in this league, then I completely agree. I also agree about Davis. Hope he's working the phones non-stop

They are likely average and those are two very real holes that are now filled.  Consider that.   Now we just need work on upgrades....as you point out Brooks/Nourzard may be.

It's a big deal to fill those holes - but no, they are not big splashes.   Nor will there be any splashes come out of the portal.   Very good OTs don't move - they play.

Edited by Beaker

I am cautiously optimistic about the Oline due to one more offseason with Pittman.

Pittman is legit.

Guys should all be bigger, faster, stronger.

If it improves the run offense just slightly, it will be a huge improvement in offensive output.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

It's a big deal to fill those holes - but no, they are not big splashes.   Nor will there be any splashes come out of the portal.   Very good OTs don't move - they play.

As @bigbird pointed out, the highest rated tackle in the last cycle was...

...Prince Sammons.

If folks are going to piss and moan, they need to provide names. And if they want to talk about blue chip guys, they've got literally 7 names to choose from, OT or IOL. Other than those 7 guys, it's nothing but 3*s and below. I'm curious which ones folks are so certain would immediately be better than our multi-year starters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2