Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

The days of kids sitting and waiting 2-3 years to play are done. Just wait until after spring ball and you will have another round of high profile transfers. There will be another rule change on it within 3 years bc it’s borderline out of control.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but AU classes start tomorrow so I think if CW, or any other player, wants to be here for Spring training they have to commit today.

Have until 19th technically

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

true, but it was reported that he was stopping by Georgia to hear their NIL offer I think, which is not till end of this week.

Unless other schools have later enrollment dates, he either is deciding tonight or by a later date if there is a later drop/add date, or now plans to just show up in the fall where he wants to transfer to.

He’s not going to wait and just show up in the fall because he wants his best chance to be a starter.  No program is going to let him start if he just “shows up” on their campus that late. 

39 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

The days of kids sitting and waiting 2-3 years to play are done. Just wait until after spring ball and you will have another round of high profile transfers. There will be another rule change on it within 3 years bc it’s borderline out of control.

There should be mitigation, but no stud recruit should be spending almost all of their college years with one program just to ride the bench. Esp when most of these recruits are being promised fairy tales and being lied to themselves. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Had a post on the lack of value on relying on this guy’s prediction a week ago man. You change your prediction 24-48 hours before the commitment occurs, hey, you still got the prediction right!!

All the “insiders” are copying each other and jumping ship. Haha. What a joke this whole thing was. People simply making outlandish predictions to gain followers. We didn’t even get a visit. And as of right now, we don’t even have any concrete proof that CW showed an ounce of interest in Auburn. 

917CBF17-31E2-412F-8ED6-348E2A6DDCDA.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

It’s all these “insiders” and “reporters” who push these rumors without any basis behind them getting everyone worked up. Then when the person doesn’t come it’s fans who look foolish. Lolol. I’m sure Auburn showed interest in him and he showed interest in Auburn just like any other recruit we are after, whether he was coming here or not. It’s the outside media that makes these things muddy and makes Auburn look dumb or scorned. 

Caleb Williams would have been amazing. I’m sure the coaches put the full court press on him too. I am also sure they have a plan b and a plan c. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There should be mitigation, but no stud recruit should be spending almost all of their college years with one program just to ride the bench. Esp when most of these recruits are being promised fairy tales and being lied to themselves. 

Personally I think there should be limitations on the transfer rule without being a grad transfer. Limit it to after freshman year, after junior year or anytime after a HC change. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke, and my apologies to those who have already heard me repackage it more than once:

"She used to be pissed off at me. She still is, but she used to be, too."

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I played Mitch's sandwich bit for my co-workers today.  He is one of my favorites.  So very smart.  Gone way too soon...and I had a club sandwich for lunch...😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thread sum up.

Nobody has a clue. 

The optimist think we have a chance. We are going to win some of these recruiting battles and get better.

The pessimist think we will never have a good QB again. Program is pretty much doomed to be Vandy at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That's not true.

I counted 20+ OT in the transfer portal ranked higher than Sammons.  Kentucky had one of the best OLs in the conference and got a summer transfer Left Tackle from LSU who will be a 2nd day draft pick.  The idea that there weren't quality OL is silly.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortalPositionRanking/?positionkey=16

It was when CBH arrived. That's what has been stated.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All the “insiders” are copying each other and jumping ship. Haha. What a joke this whole thing was. People simply making outlandish predictions to gain followers. We didn’t even get a visit. And as of right now, we don’t even have any concrete proof that CW showed an ounce of interest in Auburn. 

We still don't have concrete proof he's even visited USC. For all we know he's been visiting UCLA or simply sight-seeing. No one really knows. And of course picking the school his former-HC moved to isn't exactly a bold prediction.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It was when CBH arrived. That's what has been stated.

So on December 27th at that point in time?  I'm not sure the scoping.

Wanya Morris entered after Harsin was hired as did a lot of others.

9 minutes ago, wildlife alumni said:

Thread sum up.

Nobody has a clue. 

The optimist think we have a chance. We are going to win some of these recruiting battles and get better.

The pessimist think we will never have a good QB again. Program is pretty much doomed to be Vandy at some point. 

Best post on this whole thread

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

We still don't have concrete proof he's even visited USC. For all we know he's been visiting UCLA or simply sight-seeing. No one really knows. And of course picking the school his former-HC moved to isn't exactly a bold prediction.

I mean I’d call a picture of him in the USC uniform fairly concrete. Also, it was being pretty widely reported that he was visiting USC. All of our info was coming from anonymous sources, twitter insiders, and some guy on Reddit.

Don’t  mistake my disdain for the sports insider media as anger with Harsin. I’m sure Harsin wanted the kid just like everyone else in the country except for Alabama. But for this to have gone on this far and all of these people to insure that the Auburn rumors were legit only to simply say “oh well, it didn’t pan out” is unethical reporting. And I would hope that some of the media closer to Auburn would at least feel a little foolish and learn something from this and the coaching search. Auburn is in a rough spot right now football wise and we fans are grabbing for any kind of home run news that would make us feel like things were about to pick up. To get our hopes up and the guy never even makes a visit is awfully gut wrenching.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

28 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

No. We do. Pics of him in a USC jersey for photoshoot during his visit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I mean I’d call a picture of him in the USC uniform fairly concrete. Also, it was being pretty widely reported that he was visiting USC. All of our info was coming from anonymous sources, twitter insiders, and some guy on Reddit.

Don’t  mistake my disdain for the sports insider media as anger with Harsin. I’m sure Harsin wanted the kid just like everyone else in the country except for Alabama. But for this to have gone on this far and all of these people to insure that the Auburn rumors were legit only to simply say “oh well, it didn’t pan out” is unethical reporting. And I would hope that some of the media closer to Auburn would at least feel a little foolish and learn something from this and the coaching search. Auburn is in a rough spot right now football wise and we fans are grabbing for any kind of home run news that would make us feel like things were about to pick up. To get our hopes up and the guy never even makes a visit is awfully gut wrenching.

Seems alot of people going overboard the other way. Its like we hanging on every word some random poster posts.... Nothings changed... CW still ain't committed to anyone

Honestly I wanted CW to at least come on campus to let me know the staff has the ability to sell big time players, with options, on Auburn. If we can just get a visit it'd be something. 

• Like 1

I guess, one way or another, this will all be over by this time next week.  That is if he plans on being at his school of choice to go through the spring.  Hoping for the best but preparing myself either way.

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just not sure this thing is over with. If he really wanted to be at USC he would’ve already committed to them. 

• Like 1