Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

41 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

F7E1CDCE-0505-418E-BD85-D2D4164C3183.gif

We are always doom and gloom. 🤣 Don't you know that by now?

undertaker-mankind.gif

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Mother of God. I see we are back to doom and gloom again?

Reminds me of the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth in the days prior to the ESD,

I'm going go hang out in basketball forum. Auburn is a basketball school, anyhoo.

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

We are always doom and gloom. 🤣 Don't you know that by now?

undertaker-mankind.gif

Look, you mess around in a cage match, you likely to catch the coal miner’s glove. That’s just how it works.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Look, you mess around in a cage match, you likely to catch the coal miner’s glove. That’s just how it works.

Catch a table for sure

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s Nix’s results after a spring and a fall with this offense and his 3 rd year of starting. Should expect improvement with more experience. Course we could also see the same with TJ.

Calzada with a spring and summer with Harsin and Davis will likely result in some improvement like Bo's improvement.  Finley on the other hand, not so sure.  I think he is what he is.  Not sure he is going to get much/any better, no offense intended.  While he has talent, I don't believe it is SEC talent.  Would probably tear it up at a lower level.  My hope is we get one more QB in the portal (Ashford or someone on the same level) to push Calzada and that Holden is our #3.  Either Finley or DD #4, depending on which sticks around.  If both leave, we get another QB from the portal after the spring.  Trying to stay optimistic and this is where I am at at this point. 

• Like 1

With all these threads spinning into Bo debates, I think we're looking at it wrong. Gotta remember that Bo/DD are different types of QB's than Calzada/Geriner/Finley. We can debate until we're all blue in the face about whose better or which style we want/need, but to me, fit is just as if not more important.

Looking at Boise film, Calzada and Geriner especially really fit him well compared to Bo. Last year Bobo and Harsin tried to fit a square peg in a round hole with Bo by making him play like one of their prototypical QB's. Looking back, they probably should've brought their own guy with them last spring or adapted the playbook more, but whatever. He was a bad fit for them. Hence why it was best for both him and the staff to move on. 

Edited by au302
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So does anybody remember this match? It was one of the best ones I've ever watched.

7 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Calzada with a spring and summer with Harsin and Davis will likely result in some improvement like Bo's improvement.  Finley on the other hand, not so sure.  I think he is what he is.  Not sure he is going to get much/any better, no offense intended.  While he has talent, I don't believe it is SEC talent.  Would probably tear it up at a lower level.  My hope is we get one more QB in the portal (Ashford or someone on the same level) to push Calzada and that Holden is our #3.  Either Finley or DD #4, depending on which sticks around.  If both leave, we get another QB from the portal after the spring.  Trying to stay optimistic and this is where I am at at this point. 

Bo never had a good QB coach/offense, so his development going into his 3rd year was expected once we had a real coach.

Calzada is the same class as Bo. He has had 3 seasons of development with a good a developer and consistent offense.

The situations aren't the same. He should be well into his development and is going into his 4th year. Maybe he has a JCam type jump as a 4th year player in a different offense, different staff...but those seem much more rare than jumps seen in year 1/2 or 2/3.

It would be great to read posts that actually relate to the thread topic rather than all this our pets heads are falling off stuff.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

It would be great to read posts that actually relate to the thread topic rather than all this our pets heads are falling off stuff.  

Ironic post is Ironic 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Be careful what u ask for. Last time I suggested the thread get back on track. I was blasted for being " annoying" and was told to let the conversation flow and just happen

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Be careful what u ask for. Last time I suggested the thread get back on track. I was blasted for being " annoying" and was told to let the conversation flow and just happen

LOL see what I mean.. Its " ironic"... And b4 anyone says anything,  yes I see the irony

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That’s because you’ve done it multiple times since you got here, sometimes at the first sign of a “derail”. This is the first time I have seen her do it. When I messaged you, the conversation had slightly veered from Caleb Williams to NIL deals (in a thread about transfer quarterbacks? Oh my!), which still had to do with Caleb Williams. But because Caleb Williams wasn’t directly mentioned in every post you again whined directly to a MOD to “get this thread back on track.” So nice try. But at least you’re starting to recognize irony

17 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That’s because you’ve done it multiple times since you got here, sometimes at the first sign of a “derail”. This is the first time I have seen her do it. When I messaged you, the conversation had slightly veered from Caleb Williams to NIL deals (in a thread about transfer quarterbacks? Oh my!), which still had to do with Caleb Williams. But because Caleb Williams wasn’t directly mentioned in every post you again whined directly to a MOD to “get this thread back on track.” So nice try. But at least you’re starting to recognize irony

Actually it was the first time. And it really don't matter if it was the first or 100th. Free country and all

Williams is not coming to AU . He is not even going to visit . He is going to southern cal . Southern Cal is paradise minus all the democrats ruining the state. 

im riding with Calzada. TJ ain’t the answer . DD apparently is not the answer, still rooting for him though due to his mobility. Just my opinion. I have zero connections, but there has been zero about Williams coming to AU. Just BS click bait. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Williams is not coming to AU . He is not even going to visit . He is going to southern cal . Southern Cal is paradise minus all the democrats ruining the state. 

im riding with Calzada. TJ ain’t the answer . DD apparently is not the answer, still rooting for him though due to his mobility. Just my opinion. I have zero connections, but there has been zero about Williams coming to AU. Just BS click bait. 

“ ‘Cept for being ruint, it’s Paradise.”

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

“ ‘Cept for being ruint, it’s Paradise.”

Totally true . I like to think more in terms of women ( hope they are women) and year round temperatures . LA has both lol, just check first 

58 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Cali is awesome ..it has its political highs and lows just like any other state in the good ole USA…I ain’t fully on the Calzada train (yet anyway) I just want to see a little more from him first. And until Williams set foot on campus I will consider his interest in Auburn lukewarm at best.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubcali said:

ironic.gif

Brings back some good memories, from my teenage years.

23 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Cali is awesome ..it has its political highs and lows just like any other state in the good ole USA…I ain’t fully on the Calzada train (yet anyway) I just want to see a little more from him first. And until Williams set foot on campus I will consider his interest in Auburn lukewarm at best.

He has got to improve on his accuracy issues, and his reduction of INTs. 9 is too many in one season.

He's got to hit a better percentage of his medium passes which keep drives alive. His OL has to better protect than he got from Bo, bc Bo could get out of trouble. Calz will not, but he is better I think of finding places in the pocket to make the throws.

Listen, if you look at his HS star ranking and who was in his list of offers, you'll start to cry. I'm just hoping he played in a HS system that was not pass oriented, but I didn't check that out.

I still don't know if he is the answer or Finley. Finley really already knows this offense and if he actually imroved on his weaknesses, it could be a real big battle in the spring.

If we come out of the spring w/ no starter named we are in trouble. lol.

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

He has got to improve on his accuracy issues, and his reduction of INTs. 9 is too many in one season.

He's got to hit a better percentage of his medium passes which keep drives alive. His OL has to better protect than he got from Bo, bc Bo could get out of trouble. Calz will not, but he is better I think of finding places in the pocket to make the throws.

Listen, if you look at his HS star ranking and who was in his list of offers, you'll start to cry. I'm just hoping he played in a HS system that was not pass oriented, but I didn't check that out.

I still don't know if he is the answer or Finley. Finley really already knows this offense and if he actually imroved on his weaknesses, it could be a real big battle in the spring.

If we come out of the spring w/ no starter named we are in trouble. lol.

I have been totally behind CH since we hired him. I was absolutely positive he would sure up our weak areas on offense this off-season with quality players. We can take 32 in this class and to only be at 19 is concerning. If your not concerned then I think you have your head in the sand. I think Calzada fits the mold of what Harsin wants at QB. I don’t think he values mobility as much as others. He wants his QB to be more cerebral. I’m sure we land a few more but I was just expecting more. 

• Like 1