Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

24 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Why wouldn’t you want a QB with mobility? It’s not the end all be all but that’s the direction the league is headed in now. Why wouldnt you want a QB who can hurt you in multiple ways? 

Gives the OL extra motivation— can’t have ‘em expecting some QB with legs to be bailing them out.

34 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Why wouldn’t you want a QB with mobility? It’s not the end all be all but that’s the direction the league is headed in now. Why wouldnt you want a QB who can hurt you in multiple ways? 

I never said I didn’t 

43 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I was just throwing something out there for people to discuss. Are certain types of QB’s better in certain systems. That’s really what I’m asking. Which would be better suited for ours. 

31 minutes ago, wcware said:

I was just throwing something out there for people to discuss. Are certain types of QB’s better in certain systems. That’s really what I’m asking. Which would be better suited for ours. 

I think you're onto it. A guy like Calzada is absolutely a better fit for Harsin's system than a guy like Nix. Don't think that Harsin sees mobility as a bad thing, but he definitely wants guys that use arm first and only run when necessary 

• Thanks 1

Regardless, Riley will have to rebuild USC correct?  Probably not competing next year, well except the PAC12 practically stinks as a whole. 

10 minutes ago, au302 said:

I think you're onto it. A guy like Calzada is absolutely a better fit for Harsin's system than a guy like Nix. Don't think that Harsin sees mobility as a bad thing, but he definitely wants guys that use arm first and only run when necessary 

Those that will stand tall in the pocket, take the hit, and deliver an accurate ball. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, au302 said:

I dont understand how people think that Calzobe is the answer.  He had better talent at A&M than he will have at AU..Not a championship level QB. Jimbo is no slouch as an offensive coach either 

On 1/9/2022 at 1:55 PM, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’m giving myself a little permission to be excited. If we get this guy, a few good O-linemen, and receivers, then I think Mikey’s prediction of 10-2 for next season is entirely possible

My prediction of 10-2 was for last season. We had the pieces. I have always thought the re-stock year would be 2022. I was thinking somewhere around 7-5 for '22, but that included keeping Bo Nix and several of the other players who have left. We have a long way to go and a short time to get there as far as bringing in quality players for next year.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I dont understand how people think that Calzobe is the answer.  He had better talent at A&M than he will have at AU..Not a championship level QB. Jimbo is no slouch as an offensive coach either 

*Calzada

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

*Calzada

They don’t have any choice. If people assumed Calzada was going to be as good as he was last year, they’d basically be admitting that we are going to suck offensively again. 

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They don’t have any choice. If people assumed Calzada was going to be as good as he was last year, they’d basically be admitting that we are going to suck offensively again. 

My goodness, man. Do you just wake up and hate life? I'm not happy about our Oline, or LBs, or WRs. I'm not in a tizzy about the QB, cause Calzada throws a good deep ball, and our staff can draw up plays that will give us 14 points a game if a QB can hit 50%of the wide a$$ open guys running free 4 times per game. If you actually think about it, how many games did we lose by 14 points last season? Our coach will do what he needs to do, or AU will fire him. And we'll start over and I'll support that guy. But just reading negative crap from the same folks all the time gets old. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, ClaytonAU said:

So will the recruiting forum also be taking after the football forum in complete doom and gloom? 

Tell us the good news and the doom will dissipate. Until then, things ain't lookin' so hot. We are a net minus in the transfer portal business and the early signing period recruiting was pedestrian at best.

The quality of our personnel hasn't been improved since season's end, it's declined. If you have news of moonlight and roses, please share.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Tell us the good news and the doom will dissipate. Until then, things ain't lookin' so hot. We are a net minus in the transfer portal business and the early signing period recruiting was pedestrian at best.

The quality of our personnel hasn't been improved since season's end, it's declined. If you have news of moonlight and roses, please share.

We will see come September. Some of you need to remember that another wave of players will hit the portal after spring ball across the country. 😳

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

We will see come September. Some of you need to remember that another wave of players will hit the portal after spring ball across the country. 😳

Yes, those are players who, by and large, couldn't move up the depth chart at their prior school. While there might be a gem or two in there, it's not a talent pool worth getting excited about.

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Tell me you don’t understand football without telling me you don’t understand football 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

My goodness, man. Do you just wake up and hate life? I'm not happy about our Oline, or LBs, or WRs. I'm not in a tizzy about the QB, cause Calzada throws a good deep ball, and our staff can draw up plays that will give us 14 points a game if a QB can hit 50%of the wide a$$ open guys running free 4 times per game. If you actually think about it, how many games did we lose by 14 points last season? Our coach will do what he needs to do, or AU will fire him. And we'll start over and I'll support that guy. But just reading negative crap from the same folks all the time gets old. 

These days with Auburn football I am verrrry bitter. I’ll admit it. We should be doing better than this. I don’t hate Bryan Harsin and I’d love nothing more than to see him build us like Dabo did Clemson. But we sucked offensively I. The second half of last season and we’ve gotten worse since then. Props to him for keeping Tank for now, but we role into this spring with an offense that can’t move the ball and that dude is going to peace out on us too, more than likely. From the Texas A&M game until now,  It’s all very frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Tell me you don’t understand football without telling me you don’t understand football 

This comment is crap. This isn’t about understanding football. It’s about looking at what we had at the end of last season, which was embarrassingly bad, seeing what the staff was going to need to change, personnel wise and watching portal guy after portal guy choose other schools. It’s that black and white. If you can look at us, at this moment in time, and think “this offense is going to be undoubtedly better next year”, then I want what you’re smoking. Gimme!

Everyone here loves Auburn and wants us to succeed. Some of you have faith that no matter what, it’ll work itself out for next season and we will recover. And some of us see a startling trend that could easily have is sitting at 5-8th place in our division for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

These days with Auburn football I am verrrry bitter. I’ll admit it. We should be doing better than this. I don’t hate Bryan Harsin and I’d love nothing more than to see him build us like Dabo did Clemson. But we sucked offensively I. The second half of last season and we’ve gotten worse since then. Props to him for keeping Tank for now, but we role into this spring with an offense that can’t move the ball and that dude is going to peace out on us too, more than likely. From the Texas A&M game until now,  It’s all very frustrating.

I understand frustration. I don't understand hatred for the team or coaches you are supposed to be a fan of. I am older, and was around for Coach Barfield and the end of Bowden, Tubbs, and Chizik. Gus almost broke me with the Georgia game and one armed Sean White, but I still wish him well. I just don't understand the angst over things we have no control over.

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This comment is crap. This isn’t about understanding football. It’s about looking at what we had at the end of last season, which was embarrassingly bad, seeing what the staff was going to need to change, personnel wise and watching portal guy after portal guy choose other schools. It’s that black and white. If you can look at us, at this moment in time, and think “this offense is going to be undoubtedly better next year”, then I want what you’re smoking. Gimme!

Everyone here loves Auburn and wants us to succeed. Some of you have faith that no matter what, it’ll work itself out for next season and we will recover. And some of us see a startling trend that could easily have is sitting at 5-8th place in our division for the foreseeable future.

Sorry not crap I just happen to understand more than some box score stats of a few portal guys. The team as a whole is better now than 2 months ago and I’ll bet money the offense will be better next year

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Tank is gone after next year no matter what.

Just now, The Freak said:

Tank is gone after next year no matter what.

I don’t mean next year. If they can’t find any new offensive linemen, we may not even have him next year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I don't disagree, I wanted better as well. But look, Harsin's offense doesn't need a superstar QB if the surrounding pieces can improve, which I'm pessimistic about. Rypien and Bachmeier for example are two very solid QB's, but probably wouldn't be classified as great or game changers.

Calzada stretches the field better than Bo or TJ. That's what I noticed in his highlights. That was also our biggest issue this year. Lack of explosive plays. Hit those, we score more points plus possibly help the run game open up. 

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Sorry not crap I just happen to understand more than some box score stats of a few portal guys. The team as a whole is better now than 2 months ago and I’ll bet money the offense will be better next year

What position are we better at?

QB is a push vs Bo. Each is better at something different, different QB'S 

RB is a push

TE is a push

OL isn't any better and lost two starters 

WR is worse.

NT got worse

DT push

DE push

LB is worse

CB is worse

S is worse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, au302 said:

I don't disagree, I wanted better as well. But look, Harsin's offense doesn't need a superstar QB if the surrounding pieces can improve, which I'm pessimistic about. Rypien and Bachmeier for example are two very solid QB's, but probably wouldn't be classified as great or game changers.

Calzada stretches the field better than Bo or TJ. That's what I noticed in his highlights. That was also our biggest issue this year. Lack of explosive plays. Hit those, we score more points plus possibly help the run game open up. 

I also see he senses the pocket better and slides and finds places to continue the play. Finley is just going to stand there and wing it. 

if Harsin and Davis can help him w his intermediate passing efficiency we could be better in the passing game. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What position are we better at?

QB is a push vs Bo. Each is better at something different, different QB'S 

RB is a push

TE is a push

OL isn't any better and lost two starters 

WR is worse.

NT got worse

DT push

DE push

LB is worse

CB is worse

S is worse

The only question mark for next year as of today is oline and LB. You can’t say push at positions that will have the same players with another year of experience such as Tank. WR will be much more improved. Must have missed all the incoming help with in the secondary and defensive line. There’s an old saying you can argue with a donkey and this board has several.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1