Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok . When Saban comes to coach AU let me know

Lol, what does that have to do with it?!? You said name another QB who WASN'T a difference maker...I named 2

28 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Regarding Calzada’s short and intermediate throws, from reading what a lot of TAMU fans said about him it wasn’t his accuracy that was the problem, but he would throw absolute missiles that were hard for the receivers to catch, like he was trying to throw the ball through a brick wall.   Hopefully the coaches can help him with getting some touch on the ball.  You can’t coach toughness and that is one thing he has in spades.  

I didn't even see much of this, either. Most the balls I saw dropped there were no excuses for. Granted there are 4 games I have yet to take the time to watch. I think he does a good job of putting the right amount of zip on passes at all levels. If you can't tell I am pretty high on the pickup lol. 

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok . When Saban comes to coach AU let me know

This is all the evidence I needed to know that you're a Bammer...

@Tigerpro2ayour "opinons" dont line up with actual stats. This is not coming from a Team Bo, perspective. I'm glad he's gone tbqh.

Bo had better stats in the top 3-4 Accuracy metrics. Also 20% of his passes were deemed uncatchable vs 13% of Bo's. He also had a drop rate 50% higher than Calzada (I know drops is one thing you highlighted in your film review).

Regarding Boom or bust...Calzada had a lot of busts on 3rd downs...

But here is a good write up on Calzada...

I've mentioned this before, but maybe change if offense will help. Calzada didn't get many play action attempts at A&M, where Bo got yhe most in the SEC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Far from it LOL.. just a realist

Wrong...what's your point about Saban then? You asked for a QB who wasn't a difference maker and I gave you 2. You could've said "OK, got me" but instead brought up Saban.

McElroy, McCarron, Jones, Coker, Hurts, Bennett. There are 6 QBs who were not difference makers that won NC's as starting QBs since 2009. 

@NWALA Tiger you said C. Jones was drafted....is getting drafted the determining factor for what a difference maker is? Because I am pretty sure most of them were drafted, but not difference makers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

@Tigerpro2ayour "opinons" dont line up with actual stats. This is not coming from a Team Bo, perspective. I'm glad he's gone tbqh.

Bo had better stats in the top 3-4 Accuracy metrics. Also 20% of his passes were deemed uncatchable vs 13% of Bo's. He also had a drop rate 50% higher than Calzada (I know drops is one thing you highlighted in your film review).

Regarding Boom or bust...Calzada had a lot of busts on 3rd downs...

But here is a good write up on Calzada...

I've mentioned this before, but maybe change if offense will help. Calzada didn't get many play action attempts at A&M, where Bo got yhe most in the SEC.

Get  ready to get blasted for not being on the Calzada train

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

McElroy, McCarron, Jones, Coker, Hurts, Bennett. There are 6 QBs who were not difference makers that won NC's as starting QBs since 2009. 

@NWALA Tiger you said C. Jones was drafted....is getting drafted the determining factor for what a difference maker is? Because I am pretty sure most of them were drafted, but not difference 

Calzada ain't as good as any u listed

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Calzada ain't as good as any u listed

I'm willing to go out on a limb and guess that you would've bashed the staff for missing out on Calzada if he would've signed elsewhere.

• Like 1

@NWALA Tiger people like you are the reason I've been on this forum for nearly 10 years, but have less posts than you've had since you've been here for a month.

Edited by jknighton
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Calzada had a higher Drop rate which is what I pointed at. Does the un-catchable ball rate factor in tips? I honestly don't know. From the tapes I watched, the only time I really saw ZC struggle with accuracy period is when he was right around opponent's 20s and under pressure. He has a tendency to throw high in those situations. I know for a fact ZC had a lot of passes that were tipped. This could be from him not changing his motion as I have called out as a weakness and it could be from the amount of pressure he faced. 

I have never once said stats don't matter. I said stats are not telling the full picture and that is not an opinion...it is a fact. You spend a lot of time looking up stats, I have spent a lot of time watching his play. Both tell a part of the story. 

I am also curious how Nix's numbers and rankings would have been had he been able to play out the rest of the season. 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

LMAO You are nuts, Jr. You're nuts.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

LMAO You are nuts, Jr. You're nuts.

Ok ... just keep in mind... The 2 leading contenders to be AU starting QB next year were  both BACKUPS at 2 of our Western division opponents.. Let that sink in... stats or no stats

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok ... just keep in mind... The 2 leading contenders to be AU starting QB next year were  both BACKUPS at 2 of our Western division opponents.. Let that sink in... stats or no stats

Goal post moved. Nice.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jknighton said:

I'm willing to go out on a limb and guess that you would've bashed the staff for missing out on Calzada if he would've signed elsewhere.

It's not Calzada per say.. Just wish we had more to choose from than 2 backups from division rivals

14 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

am also curious how Nix's numbers and rankings would have been had he been able to play out the rest of the season

Probably dominated USC and Houston then be really bad vs Bama. That would fit his historical success vs avg to bad teams and a good team

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's all related 

It has no bearing on the discussion. We are talking about the strengths and weakness of ZC. Joe Burrow was a back up at OSU. Justin Fields was a backup at UGA. Now, don't be crazy and act like I am comparing ZC to either of those because he is not close, but to act like a guy is a bum just because he was a backup at a different school is crazy as well.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Probably dominated USC and Houston then be really bad vs Bama. That would fit his historical success vs avg to bad teams and a good team

I don't know. He doesn't have a good track record vs USCe. He probably wins the Bama game. 

35 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I didn't even see much of this, either. Most the balls I saw dropped there were no excuses for. Granted there are 4 games I have yet to take the time to watch. I think he does a good job of putting the right amount of zip on passes at all levels. If you can't tell I am pretty high on the pickup lol. 

I didn’t watch much of TAMU aside from the Bama game and if we get that Calzada I’d be happy 😃.

The touch on his passes is mainly coming from what I have read TAMU fans say about him throughout the season and once he went in the portal.