Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't know. He doesn't have a good track record vs USCe. He probably wins the Bama game. 

He Def plays better than TJ in yhe Bama game.

USC doesn't have Horn anymore lol, who absolutely bodied Seth and Nix last year. Idk why that eff our game plan was to "attack the best player on USC's team and #1 DB in the nation"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyways, I am done running in circles. All anyone wants to do is point to stats without even giving a proper eval and watching his tapes for themselves. So I will leave it at this. If we roll into the season with ZC as QB1 under the assumption we don't pick up a stud transfer, I think many of you will be pleasantly surprised. If not, I am happy to eat crow. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I didn’t watch much of TAMU aside from the Bama game and if we get that Calzada I’d be happy 😃.

The touch on his passes is mainly coming from what I have read TAMU fans say about him throughout the season and once he went in the portal. 

Yea I saw a lot of that too. Trust me...I was not happy at first with the pick up. From what I had heard from TAMU fans I expected him to be worse than what we already had, but watching his games changed my mind. I would love to have better, but I am ok if we roll into season with ZC as QB1 especially with another year of development.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

didn’t watch much of TAMU aside from the Bama game and if we get that Calzada I’d be happy 😃.

Same, but that was the single good game he had

15 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Keith Niebuhr crystal balled Robby Ashford to Auburn today.

I believe you will see it announced tomorrow.  That will give him time to get enrolled and be able to participate in spring.  Technically, could wait another day or two but I think it gets done tomorrow.  This is just my guess.

9 minutes ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

Who are the quarterbacks we have going to throw to? How many wide receivers do we have? 

We’ve got Shed Jackson, Javarrius Johnson, Malcolm Johnson, Zevian Capers, Tavarish Dawson, J J Evans plus signees Camden Brown, Jay Fair, and Omari Kelly, plus walk ons as of now as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dilligas said:

We’ve got Shed Jackson, Javarrius Johnson, Malcolm Johnson, Zevian Capers, Tavarish Dawson, J J Evans plus signees Camden Brown, Jay Fair, and Omari Kelly, plus walk ons as of now as far as I can tell.

What is the story on JJ Evans? Seems like there hasn't be a word, tweet, picture, ANYTHING from him since he got to Auburn.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dilligas said:

image.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

Who are the quarterbacks we have going to throw to? How many wide receivers do we have? 

42 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Important to add, though, that one of our best *pass catchers* was Shenker, Deal and Fromm caught a few passes, and King- listed at 6'5 220, which is more Calvin Johnson than Travis Kelce- was coming on strong, especially in the red zone. Also, Harsin likes to throw to his RBs. Alexander Mattison had 28 catches for Harsin one year. Tank and Worm combined for 43 this past season. That's almost 100 catches from those position groups.

We definitely need a stud receiver to join the WR room, but I just wanted to flesh out the entire pass catching picture. 

Oh, and folks are worried about freshmen. George Pickens had 49 catches as a freshman in a pretty pedestrian passing offense. Hudson only had 44. Robertson had 37 but we can *definitely* replace him with one of these freshmen. Also, the 2022 group isn't likely to see their position coach and offensive coordinator- who is pretty much their head coach- fired before the bowl game.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What is the story on JJ Evans? Seems like there hasn't be a word, tweet, picture, ANYTHING from him since he got to Auburn.

I’ve asked before too and no one seems to know. Came in pretty heralded. I forget he’s even on the team. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You haven't heard. He doesn't exist.... (running joke on On3)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, and folks are worried about freshmen. George Pickens had 49 catches as a freshman

Dude, cmon.

We don't have George Pickens coming in this class

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Important to add, though, that one of our best *pass catchers* was Shenker, Deal and Fromm caught a few passes, and King- listed at 6'5 220, which is more Calvin Johnson than Travis Kelce- was coming on strong, especially in the red zone. Also, Harsin likes to throw to his RBs. Alexander Mattison had 28 catches for Harsin one year. Tank and Worm combined for 43 this past season. That's almost 100 catches from those position groups.

We definitely need a stud receiver to join the WR room, but I just wanted to flesh out the entire pass catching picture. 

Oh, and folks are worried about freshmen. George Pickens had 49 catches as a freshman in a pretty pedestrian passing offense. Hudson only had 44. Robertson had 37 but we can *definitely* replace him with one of these freshmen. Also, the 2022 group isn't likely to see their position coach and offensive coordinator- who is pretty much their head coach- fired before the bowl game.

We don't have a Pickens type talent coming in, unless we just get lucky. We need a veteran WR in the worst way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He did a really good job getting creative with his backs in the passing game at Boise. Worms a good third down back, but I thought Bobo got too predictable there this year. Harsin already seemed to be using Tank and Jarquez in creative ways in the bowl game, so hopefully that continues.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Maybe the lesson to be learned for you is when you want to levy a complaint against another poster, especially when the original post isn't directed to u, is to use a little more tact and not be so condescending. Have a good one. 👍 

Hooo boy. I think the lesson for you is it’s not a good idea to post if you have this little self awareness bud. I thought you told me you knew how messages boards worked? Did you forget or something? I’ll fill you in: it doesn’t matter if your post is directed to me or not. I can reply if I want to; that’s how a message board works. Plus, “free country and all”, or did you forget about that too? Second, I was quite polite and tactful in my first response. You got your feelings hurt anyway. I’m not gonna be condescending until you ask for it, but if you get an attitude WHILE you’re hilariously and openly wrong (especially over and over, my word), then yeah, I’ll take ya down a peg. So here’s your homework: go back and relearn how message boards work. Then relearn what irony means, because just like assignment one, you either don’t actually know or you forgot (cause your posts are still ironic 🤫). Third, learn self awareness. It’s really helpful, and can actually prevent you from looking rather silly. Take care and War Eagle 🤙

• Like 1

Legitimate question:  Why do you think we have not signed Ashford yet?  Do you think he still does not know if he wants to come to AU?  I would have thought that if AU wants him that if they have indeed moved on from CW, they would have already sealed the deal with him.  The fact that we have not pulled the trigger and neither has CW announced seems like an odd coincidence.  I know everyone has said that ship has sailed and I am in agreement.  Seems odd that we do not have another qb yet and he has not announced yet.  Two days and counting until last day to participate in spring.  If not CW or Ashford, who else could be a possibility?

6 hours ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Hooo boy. I think the lesson for you is it’s not a good idea to post if you have this little self awareness bud. I thought you told me you knew how messages boards worked? Did you forget or something? I’ll fill you in: it doesn’t matter if your post is directed to me or not. I can reply if I want to; that’s how a message board works. Plus, “free country and all”, or did you forget about that too? Second, I was quite polite and tactful in my first response. You got your feelings hurt anyway. I’m not gonna be condescending until you ask for it, but if you get an attitude WHILE you’re hilariously and openly wrong (especially over and over, my word), then yeah, I’ll take ya down a peg. So here’s your homework: go back and relearn how message boards work. Then relearn what irony means, because just like assignment one, you either don’t actually know or you forgot (cause your posts are still ironic 🤫). Third, learn self awareness. It’s really helpful, and can actually prevent you from looking rather silly. Take care and War Eagle 🤙

Thanks Spud.  I'm really gonna try to do better, just so I can get back in your good favor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Thanks Spud.  I'm really gonna try to do better, just so I can get back in your good favor!

Spud 🥔 😂 

8 hours ago, cbo said:

We don't have a Pickens type talent coming in, unless we just get lucky. We need a veteran WR in the worst way.

The point was that 44 catches isn't a lot to replace. And Kobe wasn't a Pickens level talent, either. He might as well have been a freshman himself.

We might need a veteran to be *good* but I am only arguing against the runaway narrative that our pass catching options are going to be worse. People keep saying that and I really don't think they should assume that.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yea I saw a lot of that too. Trust me...I was not happy at first with the pick up. From what I had heard from TAMU fans I expected him to be worse than what we already had, but watching his games changed my mind. I would love to have better, but I am ok if we roll into season with ZC as QB1 especially with another year of development.

I think Auburn fans forgot that QB's can get better during the off season.  I am very cautiously optimistic that year 2 is gonna be a jump year for the program.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The point was that 44 catches isn't a lot to replace. And Kobe wasn't a Pickens level talent, either. He might as well have been a freshman himself.

We might need a veteran to be *good* but I am only arguing against the runaway narrative that our pass catching options are going to be worse. People keep saying that and I really don't think they should assume that.

I think our WR room will be improved, even without adding a transfer.  There was nothing that I saw out of the guys still here that showed me that they could not improve on last season.  Same goes for the offensive line.

• Thanks 1