Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So basically whoever has more NIL money has the overwhelming advantage

No Fecal matter Sherlock!

Been saying this since the NIL started.

AU got some decisions to make. How important is it to you?  Ready to pony up?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

If you think that, pony up the NIL.

How do You know I haven't?

Are you seriously able to view those last 5 games and see them any other way than an explosive load of  diarrhea?

Just now, AUGoo said:

I’ve been saying this exact thing you just said. My post was to make a point. We either play or we don’t.simple as that. But I can bet money that we aren’t smarter or more savvy than everyone else. Thinking we are is a east way to get left behind. Lol

• Like 1

Just now, JerryAU said:

How do You know I haven't?

Are you seriously able to view those last 5 games and see them any other way than an explosive load of  diarrhea?

I don’t think anyone is happy with those. We discussed those ad nauseum. I have no idea if you have added to that but if you people (folks that are willing to donate big bucks to NIL) are willing to spend your money in that way, have at it. Us that aren’t will be glad to see the results.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

. Us that aren’t will be glad to see the results.

See I don’t feel like you will be glad. We start crapping the bed on a regular basis because we are Auburn and we are too good to participate in the market and I think your tone will change fast. Just guessing. You may not give two sh*ts whether Auburn completes or not.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’ve been saying this exact thing you just said. My post was to make a point. We either play or we don’t.simple as that. But I can bet money that we aren’t smarter or more savvy than everyone else. Thinking we are is a east way to get left behind. Lol

We aren't smarter and it's been proven by how much $$ has been forked out to pay coaches to NOT coach here.  For whatever reason it seems that Auburn has been ok taking the backseat approach in the college football arms race and maybe doing the same with this new fangled NIL.   

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I get what you’re saying but I never said we should offer 2 million to a freshman out of high school. And I’d be willing to bet those 2 coaches wouldn’t either. The difference is Caleb Williams has game film and everyone has a good amount of info to go off of when determining if he’s worth a specific value.

No, what you said is that we should outbid Lincoln Riley for every QB he offers. 

12 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

If they are not willing to put up big money then they shouldn’t complain because someone else doesn’t want to!

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think anyone is happy with those. We discussed those ad nauseum. I have no idea if you have added to that but if you people (folks that are willing to donate big bucks to NIL) are willing to spend your money in that way, have at it. Us that aren’t will be glad to see the results.

Fans & alum have no choice but to sit back and wait to see the results.  It doesn't mean we have to like what we see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

No, what you said is that we should outbid Lincoln Riley for every QB he offers. 

If Lincoln Riley looks at a QB and says, “yea I think you’re worth what you want” then there is a pretty good indication that the player is worth that and maybe we should try to play ball. 

You’re using hypothetical “what if he did this”, arguments and it’s not working because he hasn’t overpaid for a QB yet. All we can go off of is his previous evaluation success. 

4 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Fans & alum have no choice but to sit back and wait to see the results.  It doesn't mean we have to like what we see. 

Exactly! I see a program that’s getting slowly left behind it’s closest competitors. I don’t like it. But it’s what I see because I haven’t seen anything to dictate otherwise. I don’t get what the problem is. Just because some of us aren’t as optimistic as other people, we are all of a sudden stupid and depressing. 

College football has always been a “put your money where your mouth is” game. But now it’s even worse. And Auburn has never been willing to do that, but everyone is always baffled at how inconsistent we are as a football program. 

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Lincoln Riley looks at a QB and says, “yea I think you’re worth what you want” then there is a pretty good indication that the player is worth that and maybe we should try to play ball. 

We offered the kid a million bucks.

Anyway, we both understand your opinion.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You’re using hypothetical “what if he did this”, arguments and it’s not working because he hasn’t overpaid for a QB yet. All we can go off of is his previous evaluation success. 

Apparently over paid for Rattler.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

College football has always been a “put your money where your mouth is” game. But now it’s even worse. And Auburn has never been willing to do that,

That is not true I know for a fact seen it personally myself hell they even paid me to play golf. Don't blow off what you have no idea about.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Apparently over paid for Rattler.

He probably didn’t even pay for Rattler. Rattler was being recruited out of high school before this whole NIL thing got going, I’m pretty sure.

• Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That is not true I know for a fact seen it personally myself hell they even paid me to play golf. Don't blow off what you have no idea about.

Did they overpay for you?

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Also, I read that they had an opportunity to get Arnold Palmer. He showed massive interest. But they didn’t want to pony up the 50 sheckles, so they settled on you. 

Sorry, it was my shot to make a joke and I took it. 

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

We offered Kedon Slovis $500,000

He walked away from that. Goodness, credit to Pitt. Hopefully we offer that same deal to JT Daniels or Vandagriff if he ever leaves haha

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Also, I read that they had an opportunity to get Arnold Palmer. He showed massive interest. But they didn’t want to pony up the 50 sheckles, so they settled on you. 

Sorry, it was my shot to make a joke and I took it. 

Palmer was always going to Wake Forest. I played with Arnie one time at Bay Hill greatest guy in the world treated everyone like they were his best friend

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He probably didn’t even pay for Rattler. Rattler was being recruited out of high school before this whole NIL thing got going, I’m pretty sure.

My point ( your a smart Guy so pretty sure you know) is that he missed on his original estimation.

38 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Palmer was always going to Wake Forest. I played with Arnie one time at Bay Hill greatest guy in the world treated everyone like they were his best friend

This will make it even better the next time I order an Arnold Palmer at a bbq place.

• Like 1
  • Love 1