4* CB Austin Ausberry - COMMITTED TO AU 12/13!!!

Zeek

Surprised we don't have a thread on him. I will do a better job with the 2023 class of having individual threads instead of a over-stuffed main thread.

Ausberry.thumb.PNG.587e1dbd68af90917e834c1eee350137.PNG

He will announce his commitment at 12:45 CST

Keith Niebuhr just gave Auburn a Crystal Pall prediction!

His dad is an LSU legacy and works for LSU's athletic department so this would be a huge win.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Certainly would be a good sign for the recruiting prowess of this staff if we can pull this kid from LSU. But being in Baton Rouge and being a legacy, seems like a tall hill to climb. 

1 hour ago, nurbis said:

Certainly would be a good sign for the recruiting prowess of this staff if we can pull this kid from LSU. But being in Baton Rouge and being a legacy, seems like a tall hill to climb. 

Many kids want to get away from hometown and parents. AU normally has a problem landing kids from Auburn and Opelika high schools for that very reason.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Many kids want to get away from hometown and parents. AU normally has a problem landing kids from Auburn and Opelika high schools for that very reason.

Although the vibe is a bit different in LSU territory.  A lot of them stay home because the entire state is LSU fans since birth. And Louisiana is a little different in that you are at least an hour away unless you live in BR itself.  

Typically you are correct though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Although the vibe is a bit different in LSU territory.  A lot of them stay home because the entire state is LSU fans since birth. And Louisiana is a little different in that you are at least an hour away unless you live in BR itself.  

Typically you are correct though. 

I agree with the stay at home comment, but what’s this about being at least an hour away if not in BR itself?  Baton Rouge is not an isolated city, there are towns and communities from 5 to 30 miles away in every direction.  Literally 1 to 300K residents in the greater Baton Rouge area that are not in Baton Rouge itself.  I know because I’ve lived in Baton Rouge for the last 42 years.

Edited by dilligas

• Zeek changed the title to 4* CB Austin Ausberry - COMMITTED TO AU 12/13!!!

Great start to NSD. If we can land Gilbert tonight we will have quite a bit of momentum going into Wednesday. 

Edited by tbone1430
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Pow!

Zac need to let it go mane

Edited by WFE12

Great to have some positive news today!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

In this case while LSU wanted him I think they automatically assumed he was going to LSU since his dad works in the athletic department, and Auburn recruited him harder.  At least that is the thought from the LSU boards.  

• Like 1