4* CB Austin Ausberry - COMMITTED TO AU 12/13!!!

Zeek

Great pickup with Scott tonight and Rhym's on Wednesday with the two DB's already on-board wooden and Donaldson we will have a great DB class.

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Reed being able to recruit for us was very huge in his recruitment.

Reed had nothing to do with Ausberry.  Credit needs to go to Zac Etheridge for this one.  

5 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Reed had nothing to do with Ausberry.  Credit needs to go to Zac Etheridge for this one.  

yeah, okay.  You better tell Ausberry.   Two people can have credit, JFC. what is wrong with people

“Coach Reed is the realest dude I’ve ever met,” Ausberry said. “That’s my guy, for sure. He kept it real about everything. I just appreciate his time and everything. He’s a great dude.

“He told me about why he chose Auburn. He said he could’ve went to LSU, but Auburn actually felt like home to him. I get that vibe, too.”

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Great pickup with Scott tonight and Rhym's on Wednesday with the two DB's already on-board wooden and Donaldson we will have a great DB class.

No doubt. IF that happens probably the best DB class we've had in a while

37 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I'm not mistaken, we now move to 26th/27th in rankings. Maybe we can stop the freaking out now?

They're finally adding transfers and JUCO to the team ranking system. Gilbert will commit to us tonight (I expect him to at least) and that will push us to 22nd.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Supposed to be a celebration of Ausberry’s committing but, this is factually inaccurate. Trovon Reed was massive here. 

27 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

yeah, okay.  You better tell Ausberry.   Two people can have credit, JFC. what is wrong with people

“Coach Reed is the realest dude I’ve ever met,” Ausberry said. “That’s my guy, for sure. He kept it real about everything. I just appreciate his time and everything. He’s a great dude.

“He told me about why he chose Auburn. He said he could’ve went to LSU, but Auburn actually felt like home to him. I get that vibe, too.”

Reed strikes me as a guy who's gonna get more than his share of comments like this.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

I agree with the stay at home comment, but what’s this about being at least an hour away if not in BR itself?  Baton Rouge is not an isolated city, there are towns and communities from 5 to 30 miles away in every direction.  Literally 1 to 300K residents in the greater Baton Rouge area that are not in Baton Rouge itself.  I know because I’ve lived in Baton Rouge for the last 42 years.

Agreed it was a bit of an exaggeration 😀 as I am referencing the state as a whole with LSU being the only major football program for a long time. ULL has come a long way lately. Curious how many of the football players come from BR area.   I lived in Lafayette for 15 years myself, just moving away last year.  But heck, driving through BR could take an hour 😉 Anyways irrelevant now. Let's celebrate!

11 minutes ago, AUreo said:

DA is officially on flip watch now per on3 and 247. Apparently he had a great OV (MSU)

Wouldn’t be the first time a commit that was a major recruiter for Auburn flipped at the end.  Ja’Quay Williams, 2012 WR comes to mind.  Rumor is that DA was miffed that Auburn was pursuing 2 RBs ranked higher than him in Williams and Citizen.  Hopefully he sticks but I wouldn’t be surprised if not.

Edited by dilligas

5 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Wouldn’t be the first time a commit that was a major recruiter for Auburn flipped at the end.  Ja’Quay Williams, 2013 WR comes to mind.  Rumor is that DA was miffed that Auburn was pursuing 2 RBs ranked higher than him in Williams and Citizen.  Hopefully he sticks but I wouldn’t be surprised if not.

Wouldn't that be another thorn in the behind??

6 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Wouldn’t be the first time a commit that was a major recruiter for Auburn flipped at the end.  Ja’Quay Williams, 2013 WR comes to mind.  Rumor is that DA was miffed that Auburn was pursuing 2 RBs ranked higher than him in Williams and Citizen.  Hopefully he sticks but I wouldn’t be surprised if not.

Especially since we could be losing 2 RB's

15 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Wouldn’t be the first time a commit that was a major recruiter for Auburn flipped at the end.  Ja’Quay Williams, 2012 WR comes to mind.  Rumor is that DA was miffed that Auburn was pursuing 2 RBs ranked higher than him in Williams and Citizen.  Hopefully he sticks but I wouldn’t be surprised if not.

I would view it as a slap in the face if I was the kid too. Its just a business ofc, but if they land two RBs on top of Jarquez, he's gotta do what's best for him 

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I would view it as a slap in the face if I was the kid too. Its just a business ofc, but if they land two RBs on top of Jarquez, he's gotta do what's best for him 

#businessdecision 

• Like 1