New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis

Zeek

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Don't trust anything Jboy has to say. Changes his opinion more than Stephen A Smith. We will see

I didn't either but JHok has been ahead of the curve on a few things lately so I'm thinking there is some real smoke here. Definitely would be nice to make this announcement soon and something tells me Nix likely doesn't enter the portal without first knowing who our OC is going to be next year.

Either way, maybe we can cleanse the board a little with something a little less negative lol.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I didn't either but JHok has been ahead of the curve on a few things lately so I'm thinking there is some real smoke here. Definitely would be nice to make this announcement soon and something tells me Nix likely doesn't enter the portal without first knowing who our OC is going to be next year.

Either way, maybe we can cleanse the board a little with something a little less negative lol.

I think Nix was gone regardless but I also agree that is why this has been extended. Oh don't worry the negative will still occur from a couple 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I do think it’s Austin Davis and we’re just waiting it out through ESD and Seattle’s season. Very exciting

There are some thing I am a little cautious about but it seems like a good hire. Especially if the reports about Harsin wanting to be more involved with the offense are true than a young guy like this can be fun. He should 100% be a big help in recruiting. With is experience as a player and working with Russell Wilson he has to have some clout.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don't trust anything Jboy has to say. Changes his opinion more than Stephen A Smith. We will see

Then deletes his wrong predictions.  he's got a bad habit with that

• Like 4

I'm good with Austin Davis knowing Harsin is going to be the defacto OC.  I like a lot about him.

That said, there is a ton of risk with the hire, but I think good upside with him.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

I'm good with Austin Davis knowing Harsin is going to be the defacto OC.  I like a lot about him.

That said, there is a ton of risk with the hire, but I think good upside with him.

Yeah I think he should excel in recruiting but there are going to be some learning moments since he hasn't worked at the college level yet.

Just now, Zeek said:

Yeah I think he should excel in recruiting but there are going to be some learning moments since he hasn't worked at the college level yet.

Recruiting is something I'm banking on and that's a leap of faith.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

If he translates as well as Eason has to recruiting it will be a big boon for us. I am curious what QB he would want from the 2023 class. The staff seems locked in on one kid right now and I wonder how he'll see it.

• Like 2

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I like it if we go this route.

I would be a lot happier with this than some of his Boise buddies whose names have been thrown in the ring. It would also be a hell of a lot more exciting than Dillingham part two.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

This^^^^ that man throws so much crap at the wall hoping it sticks 🤣 he has been very wrong more times then he has been right.

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Especially since he’s never done it before…

1 minute ago, aucom96 said:

Fits a very long term outlook, I suppose. 

Dude has to be sharp. He climbed to that coaching position faster than most ever do. If nothing else he has to be able to help our quarterbacks.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

Jboy is a fool

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

So he's  been an NFL QB coach for like 3 yrs. Is that really the extent of his resume? Why are we getting excited about him again?

Six years (2012-18) and threw 378 passes which is a lot more experience in the NFL than most QBs ever see. Then he went straight into coaching and became the youngest position coach in the NFL. That's kind of impressive. Almost threw for 11k yards in college and threw 29 more passing touchdowns than any Auburn quarterback ever has. Also was a decent running threat so he theoretically should understand guys like Dee a little better.

It's definitely not a proven OC but he isn't someone I would turn my nose up towards.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'd like this hire. Seems like Harsin will be highly involved with play calling, which I guess I'm fine with.

Does seem a little like the same song and dance, but I like that he's coming from the NFL a lot. 

As far as JBoy goes, love the show and all the beat writers he brings in. Predictions may be a little for shock value though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I'd like this hire. Seems like Harsin will be highly involved with play calling, which I guess I'm fine with.

Does seem a little like the same song and dance, but I like that he's coming from the NFL a lot. 

As far as JBoy goes, love the show and all the beat writers he brings in. Predictions may be a little for shock value though. 

Yeah predictions are weird to me. If they are always based on intel then there is no risk. Sometimes you take a leap of faith and that's what makes them more fun/interesting. There is also an incentive on their end to not give the cow away for free.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

So he's  been an NFL QB coach for like 3 yrs. Is that really the extent of his resume? Why are we getting excited about him again?

Go look at his resume and look at Joe Brady's right before he went to LSU.  Similar trajectories.

• Like 2

I believe Harsin did this with Zak Hill when he first got to Boise. Hill was still young and relatively inexperienced. Harsin called plays the first year and then Hill gradually took over. Worked out well, hopefully it does with Davis

• Like 1