New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis

Zeek

56 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Just curious how Harsin got his name to interview him? DId he know him at all or get a recommendation from someone Harsin really listens to?

HE seemed to come out of nowhere. 

I can't say 100% for sure, but Coach Hars agent, Russ Campbell, represents (or at least used to represent) Larry Fedora. I have a feeling Fedora reached out to Russ and said Hars should at least speak with Davis.  The way this has been rolled out has Russ' intellect and professionalism written over it -- immediate quotes praising the hire from one of the most respected NFL head coaches and most talented and well-liked NFL qbs.   Very well done.    

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest MustardSeed

So it’s interesting timing considering the debate that was occurring on this very thread. Any word on if he’s finishing the season with Seattle?  Not very important at this point either way, just curious what the outcome really ended up being

17 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So it’s interesting timing considering the debate that was occurring on this very thread. Any word on if he’s finishing the season with Seattle?  Not very important at this point either way, just curious what the outcome really ended up being

I'd assume he'll 100% finish the season 

The organization on the announcement with the quotes is just another sign of how much better this program is being run.

oh, and that Russell Wilson quote just send that baby to all top qb recruits, man was that awesome.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Theyare still working out those details with Seattle

I like the hire as it lets future QBs know that we have an NFL QB coach to work with them. Also we get to see Harsin call plays. 
It is risky hiring an OC that has never called plays but I really hope it works. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I bet he can evaluate QB talent and coach them up when they get here.  Haven’t seen that for a while.

I'm thrilled to have unbiased eyes watching Dee

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

He seems like the guy that can do it.  Being a fan, we haven’t seem much of Dee, but I’m excited to see what he can do (hopefully in the bowl game) and how our new OC/QB Coach can bring him along.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Same, I think we will actually have competent QBs something Auburn hasn't had in a very long time... Not a slight at any QB in the past just saying we haven't had a real QB in a long while,  Hopefully this begins to change that. 

Edited by autiger88

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Same, I think we will actually have competent QBs something Auburn hasn't had in a very long time... Not a slight at any QB in the past just saying we haven't had a real QB in a long while,  Hopefully this begins to change that. 

The last real QB coach we have had was Petrino

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The last real QB coach we have had was Petrino

Yep I agree 100%, Never liked him but man he was a hell of a QB coach. I'm hoping Davis turns out better. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm hoping Davis turns out better.

Is he married and does he own a motorcycle?

• Haha 6
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

I like the idea of Harsin calling plays and then slowly turning it over to Austin. He has a history of molding young OC's

I like it too

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A lot of times, OCs like to bring "their" OL coach with them. I wonder if he has one he wants to bring with him.

I hope he brings the Seahawks ST coordinator.

WDE!