New Offensive Coordinator - Austin Davis

Zeek

34 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Just read an interview with Finley and he was talking about the transition to the Harsin offense. He said it will be more uptempo than we saw under Bobo.

Bobo had cool concepts but he was the master over thinker...I just didn't get it.

• Like 3

Loeffler was a GRAD ASSISTANT at Michigan while TB was there. He did not coach the guy. He did later become a QB coach at both Mich and UF though so I’m guarding my expectations with AD.

(At least AD didn’t go 0-16 in the NFL like Loeffler did.)

Edited by AUwent

On 12/20/2021 at 8:22 AM, bigbird said:

JMO, and I don't want to put words in his mouth, but all I believe he was saying is that some are a little more experienced in seeing the smaller patterns of improvement that have historically paid dividends. Kinda like seeing the pebble as opposed to the ripples.

Everyone sees the tsunami coming, but very few initially know about the underwater earthquake/eruption.  Those that are familiar or work in that field can usually see the signs before the wave hits.

As far as not questioning goes, I'll say it this way...My dad always had a great saying when growing up, "Trust, but verify"

This said perfectly 👏. I’m not judging Harsin on results from this year, neither should anyone, because coming in after replacing a fired coach and having to replace the whole staff, lost some recruits last year and the program was already depleted at some positions, you can’t expect an SEC championship. So what I’m judging on is what corrections he has made. He took no time replacing a WR coach when he didn’t produce. He wasted no time replacing an OC when he didn’t produce results. He did bench Bo early on and I think it made things better. He has identified the QB as a position that must improve. That’s smart. Not any other position is as valuable as QB. Look at Uat,Clemson,LSU and UGA to see how important it is to have a leader there as well as a highly rated athlete. I want to see some emphasis put on the OL especially in the portal over the next couple of months. That and QB are the two most serious problems facing us at this time. Not happy with the 6 and 6 record . Anything less than 8 wins next year would be bad for Harsin. He needs to know he is getting paid to win not paid for making excuses. 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

This is probably not a popular opinion, but before declaring and attaching win expectations to 2022, I'll wait until NSD is over, spring ball is over, the portal is over, and a QB is found. Actually see what the roster looks like first.......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

This is probably not a popular opinion, but before declaring and attaching win expectations to 2022, I'll wait until NSD is over, spring ball is over, the portal is over, and a QB is found. Actually see what the roster looks like first.......

...and even then it should evolve as the season goes on. What if a Mississippi State has another Dak Prescott, etc...

Your opinion should be the most popular one. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DAG said:

Spaceghost makes your post 100x better 

This just finally gave me an idea for a profile picture... I had been searching for the right fit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slyinsocal said:

It may not be popular, but it is quite rational.

2 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Love it and agree 100%.

Just checking to see if people are sane after Slovis went to Pitt.. Glad to know it's still low key. Lol

Edited by Randman5000

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Just checking to see if people are sane after Slovis went to Pitt.. Glad to know it's still low key. Lol

I'm good. I don't miss what I've never had. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Folks find it a little to sunshiny to say but a guy who went to Pitt instead of Auburn might have been wanted more at Pitt than he was at Auburn. 

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

We are onto Vandagriff now

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Surely hoping we have some plan and success in acquiring an experienced QB. 

Harsin got it on lock, don't you worry

1 hour ago, Didba said:

The nice thing about this is that his parents are Auburn grads :)

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Big miss our of HS bc they rightfully didn't trust Gus. Idk if an unproven starter is what we need, but hopefully he's as talented as his HS ranking and can be good as a RS Fr

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Big miss our of HS bc they rightfully didn't trust Gus. Idk if an unproven starter is what we need, but hopefully he's as talented as his HS ranking and can be good as a RS Fr

It was kinda tongue in cheek suggestion bc he isn't even in the portal but I'd still take him. Very talented.

20 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Or at least know how to drive the damn thing if he does.

Or stay away from the boyfriend of the chic that was on back of his motorcycle.   Cough Couch 

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

It was kinda tongue in cheek suggestion bc he isn't even in the portal but I'd still take him. Very talented.

Hope he will be after Mich beats UGA on NYE

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DAG said:

Bobo had cool concepts but he was the master over thinker...I just didn't get it.

I never got hiring an alum from a chief rival as your OC. I’m sure he really wanted to beat his alma mater and recruit relentlessly for AU.

It turned my stomach seeing him in AU gear knowing it was a facade. 

Edited by Viper
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I never got hiring an alum from a chief rival as your OC. I’m sure he really wanted to beat his alma mater and recruit relentlessly for AU.

It turned my stomach seeing him in AU gear knowing it was a facade. 

The best coach Auburn ever had was a Georgia grad. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2021 at 12:49 PM, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The best coach Auburn ever had was a Georgia grad. 

You can't afford to be parochial in this day and age. You hire the best you can hire and recruit the best that you can. If Alabama had taken that approach, Saban, with the LSU pedigree, would not be there.

Edited by JTFazz
  • Like 1