Celebration Drink?

AUSwim

Mods, move if not the correct place.

Personally I think this was a really good day for Auburn football. Two questions:

• Name a drink that would rate today's recruiting success
  • Name the drink you will have tonight to celebrate (or drown your sorrows) with

For me, I think the answers are the same; I think I'll celebrate with a Lagavulin 16. a darn good single malt I really enjoy. Like my selection, today was not the best recruiting Auburn has had and we'll have better in the future but this was way better than I thought it would be and not a "house brand" day.

Cheers Fam!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Diet Sunkist, because I’m watching my figure and have church tonight.

• Haha 1

I like the OP choice of a fine Islay single malt, particularly when there is a chill in the air. Now watch though, somebody will come mess up this thread talking about Bo and the transfer portal

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

ha ha you're a funny guy PBR has water in it

I would think that most drinks contain a lot of water.  I was just challenging you to think outside of the beer can… 

11 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I would think that most drinks contain a lot of water.  I was just challenging you to think outside of the beer can… 

Challenge Golf to think? Bless your heart...

• Haha 1

Mac and Jacks African Amber.  Local craft brewery up here where I live.  Up until about a year ago, the only way you could enjoy this beer was on tap at pubs/restaurants.  They started selling it in cans last year -- I buy mine at the Costco.  

aacan copy.png

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Challenge Golf to think? Bless your heart...

Well I remember when your mom was a little thing. She would be approve of you being so mean

image.jpeg

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Well I remember when your mom was a little thing. She would be approve of you being so mean

image.jpeg

No, she wouldn't. 😂

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Wow good one bird 15 years of this crap how your wife does it I have no idea

Ask me and it's undying love. Ask her and it's margaritas and a laser focus to tune me out. 

5 hours ago, AUSwim said:

Personally I think this was a really good day for Auburn football. Two questions:

• Name the drink you will have tonight to celebrate (or drown your sorrows) with

For me, I think the answers are the same; I think I'll celebrate with a Lagavulin 16. a darn good single malt I really enjoy. Like my selection, today was not the best recruiting Auburn has had and we'll have better in the future but this was way better than I thought it would be and not a "house brand" day.

Cheers Fam!!!!

Fine choice of beverage.  My favorite Scotch. 2nd favorite is probably Highland Park 18.  I’d rate today as a Highland Park 10. Very good Scotch, but quite a step below the 18 and Lagavulin 16 while still well above the blended stuff.

Edited by aublaise
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, aublaise said:

Fine choice of beverage.  My favorite Scotch. 2nd favorite is probably Highland Park 18.  I’d rate today as a Highland Park 10. Very good Scotch, but quite a step below the 18 and Lagavulin 16 while still well above the blended stuff.

Throw in a Macallan or Balvenie in there and you’re on to something. I would use the Lagavulin or Ardbeg to celebrate a stellar OL/DL class, maybe an older Macallan or Balvenie for a stud QB. Cheers 🥃 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

To an offseason and season filled with a lot of idiocracy, that'll have a happy ending as evidenced by today's not-a-fail ...

brawndo.jpeg

• Love 1

6 hours ago, AUSwim said:

Cheers Fam!!!!

I have a bottle in my cabinet.  Gonna be between that and Hood River McCarthy's Single Malt for me

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fredst said:

Throw in a Macallan or Balvenie in there and you’re on to something. I would use the Lagavulin or Ardbeg to celebrate a stellar OL/DL class, maybe an older Macallan or Balvenie for a stud QB. Cheers 🥃 

So funny Balvenie story.  My buddy and I were drinking in a college bar in Columbia, MO before our game in 2017 there.  Saw a bottle of Balvenie 12 and asked the bartender how much a shot cost.  This was the ensuing convo:

Bartender: "No one ever drinks that.  Let me check.  <quick pause>  Kind of pricey.  $5 per shot."

Me and my friend look at each other, nod, and I go:

"Just bring the bottle here."

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2