Post-ENSD Recap and What's Next

Zeek

7 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Slovis, Dillon, or Ward........Don't think Calzada would be an upgrade over Finley.  Anyone know if bringing in a transfer qb will cause TJ to transfer?  I currently feel having TJ and DD fight it out for #2 is best.  I want DD to get a chance at #2.  Think unless Holden comes in and just blows coaches away, he needs a year to learn and soak up the offense.

I think one of those two probably leave after spring. Question at that point is do we take a second transfer or go into the season with 3

Armella back on board with FSU.  I guess Norvell must have called him and offered him half his salary so the natives didn't run him out of town.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

I think he is plan 1b if we can't land Slovis. We'll know more once Austin Davis truly arrives.

I'm hoping when recruits see he coached Russell Wilson for the last couple of years that will peek their interest.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Fire Zeek!

He'd probably appreciate the time off. 

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2021 at 5:48 PM, roe4christ said:

Slovis, Dillon, or Ward........Don't think Calzada would be an upgrade over Finley.  Anyone know if bringing in a transfer qb will cause TJ to transfer?  I currently feel having TJ and DD fight it out for #2 is best.  I want DD to get a chance at #2.  Think unless Holden comes in and just blows coaches away, he needs a year to learn and soak up the offense.

A player may transfer once without having to sit out a year. Finley has already done that. If he leaves, he'll have to sit a year. I don't see that happening.

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A player may transfer once without having to sit out a year. Finley has already done that. If he leaves, he'll have to sit a year. I don't see that happening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't he move down a division and play right away too? 

FWIW, I don't think he leaves next year either

On 12/15/2021 at 10:54 PM, milehighfan said:

I'm hoping when recruits see he coached Russell Wilson for the last couple of years that will peek their interest.

Have we HIRED Davis yet???

Yes, we've hired Davis.

No, he's not here yet.

Yes, he'll be here sometime shortly after the Seahawks' season is over. 

No, it won't significantly affect recruiting that he's not here yet. 

Maybe it will be a good hire.

Maybe it will not be a good hire. 

• Haha 1

I had a shut up @Zeek post that was deleted. I would think you would know that I'm joking but just in case I was joking. No need to delete my stuff 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, we've hired Davis.

No, he's not here yet.

Yes, he'll be here sometime shortly after the Seahawks' season is over. 

No, it won't significantly affect recruiting that he's not here yet. 

Maybe it will be a good hire.

Maybe it will not be a good hire. 

Link?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I had a shut up @Zeek post that was deleted. I would think you would know that I'm joking but just in case I was joking. No need to delete my stuff 😂

Wasn't me lol

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Wasn't me lol

I know. It was somebody that didn't know I was cool with you. We are an unusual combo I guess 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't he move down a division and play right away too? 

Of course he can. That goes without saying.

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

FWIW, I don't think he leaves next year either

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Of course he can. That goes without saying.

Why would we not talk about that when discussing his transfer options?  

Bless your heart.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why would we not talk about that when discussing his transfer options?  

Because anybody that understands recruiting in the slightest knows that out of hand. It's a standard rule that has applied to every D-1 player for years now.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because anybody that understands recruiting in the slightest knows that out of hand. It's a standard rule that has applied to every D-1 player for years now.

You're correct. However, not everyone that visits this site is as knowledgeable as others. If you're going to present things as "fact", then be sure to present all of them.

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You're correct. However, not everyone that visits this site is as knowledgeable as others. If you're going to present things as "fact", then be sure to present all of them.

Oh boy. I could elaborate but I won't.