Rank the ESD class

gr82b4au

7 out of 10. Mostly because of my concern of signing only 1 offensive lineman

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Like 3

Wow, yesterday everyone was saying it would be incredible if we could break the top 20.

Today,  sitting at number 13, we're giving the staff 7-10, a C-lowB, and a B. Tough crowd! 

I say, today was an A or an A+. Nobody predicted us to be at number 13 after today! War Eagle.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Defensively a B+ that could maybe bump up to A range if we can get a second linebacker. Offense is a C solely because of the lack of linemen. Imo the portal is the most important part. We need instant impact guys so that will make or break it imo

22 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

Wow, yesterday everyone was saying it would be incredible if we could break the top 20.

Today,  sitting at number 13, we're giving the staff 7-10, a C-lowB, and a B. Tough crowd! 

I say, today was an A or an A+. Nobody predicted us to be at number 13 after today! War Eagle.

This ranking is misleading. We are middle of the pack in the SEC and the gap between the top3 and the rest is huge. Unfortunately, we have to play the top 3 every year.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, AUreo said:

This ranking is misleading. We are middle of the pack in the SEC and the gap between the top3 and the rest is huge. Unfortunately, we have to play the top 3 every year.

13th in the country is 13th in the country.  You might feel it isn't predictive of our future success because some of our competitors are ranked above us, but it isn't misleading.

• Like 1

Well we went from #41 to #15 in a week. That is one heck of a close. This was one of the more exciting closes we had in a while and made for a fun day. 
As far as ranking it I give it a B+. It did not address our biggest need but is did address many other needs. The coaches did an amazing job. 

It will be interesting to see how the late signing period goes and especially the portal. If we can bring in 4 more OL (HS or portal) and add a QB it will get an A or an A+ overall.

If by Feb we do not bring in any OL it will drop down to a D. That is how important the OL is to this program. 
Harsin knows this and will get it done. I have faith!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AUreo said:

I nor anyone else said we were toe to toe with bama just yet. However, what everyone has said for weeks is that it would be a minor miracle for us to be as high as we are today. And then we give them low or average grades for the job they did getting us there. 

That's shameful in my eye. They have indeed performed minor miracles in getting us as high as they have. They deserve high marks for that accomplishment.

So, A or A+ for the work they did today. Great job and keep moving forward.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

If we're basing the finish on where we started, then yes, an A.  If we're basing the finish on where we need to be to win championships, then C+ or B-.  The things keeping this class from being A+ you ask?

1. More OL

2. More DL

3. Alpha WR

4. Higher rated players in general - need some 5 star bada$$es.

There's probably one intangible that lifts today's grade to B or B+ and that's that this staff proved they can recruit in the SEC.  Deck was stacked against them and they figured out a way to break through with several prospects that previously seemed out of reach.  That confidence is huge moving forward.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

If we're basing the finish on where we started, then yes, an A.  If we're basing the finish on where we need to be to win championships, then C+ or B-.  The things keeping this class from being A+ you ask?

1. More OL

2. More DL

3. Alpha WR

4. Higher rated players in general - need some 5 star bada$$es.

There's probably one intangible that lifts today's grade to B or B+ and that's that this staff proved they can recruit in the SEC.  Deck was stacked against them and they figured out a way to break through with several prospects that previously seemed out of reach.  That confidence is huge moving forward.

How can you base it on anything other than where we started? Because that's, well, where we started..

Therefore you give them an A. Great! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

How can you base it on anything other than where we started? Because that's, well, where we started..

Therefore you give them an A. Great! :)

“Started” may have been a bad choice of words.  All the teams started in the same place.  Let’s randomly pick May.  Based on where we were in the Spring…

B+ . Need more Bodies on both lines . The staff worked their butts off . So proud of their effort . Next year will be even better now that some relationships are being forged 

C+

Feel like we have a lot of good players in this class.

Lacking that immediate impact guy or sure fire NFL draft pick type true top end talent. This our highest rated player is like 175 (not the end of yhe world)

Meh OL class, even with protected 2 Feb guys.

No speed pure edge rushers.

Think Harsin and staff did a great job closing and only having 5 months to recruit kids. Circumstances included. Class us probably a solid B+

Look forward to the portal and 23

Edited by W.E.D

B for now. If we would have hit on Perry and Clemons would have been A-. If we pick up at least 2 more solid OL signings and Maybe grab citizen and a solid transfer qb would call it A to A+. 

Compared to what I was expecting last week, I'd give today an A-. I'm just hoping we get some more depth for the O line. 

I’d say a solid B. The defensive staff is doing their job, offensive side needs to catch up. Only groups on offense I’m confident in is RB and I guess TE. Everything else needs big time work

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Say we end with M’ba on the DL tomorrow. A:F - how do you rank this class so far??

I think we exceeded expectations.  It gives me hope.  Based on effort and results I give it an A.

• Like 2