The New Orleans Pelicans are signing guard Jared Harper

Chaotic_zx

If you look at his G League Stats it is consistently around 21 pts and 5 assists per game over 3 years with 3 different teams.   Hope he gets a real opportunity.  

• Like 1

No offense to anyone since Jared's departure, but my magic wand would have Jared starting for us. Right now. Clutch. Although Mr. Green is starting to win me over......

• Like 2

Is it his defense that’s the issue? Match up issues against bigger guards or something? It’s clearly not his offense, work ethic, or winning pedigree. 

5 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Is it his defense that’s the issue? Match up issues against bigger guards or something? It’s clearly not his offense, work ethic, or winning pedigree. 

I think he's spent the vast majority of his time in the game as the ball dominant guard, and has had a certain freedom to pursue his own shot whenever. The defense is likely number 1 issue, but there's probably some offensive things they consider there as well 

Hard to be a 5'9-5'10 PG more than anything though. The game just is what it is 

Harper is far more athletically at this point than this guy, but IT for example, that's someone who just got hunted on switches and even simple 1 on 1 looks ROUTINELY in the past few seasons. That disadvantage alone can really destroy one's defensive scheme