Gatewood and Morrow

LPTiger

On 12/23/2021 at 5:00 PM, augolf1716 said:

I never had one of those what is it like? Asking for a friend

What’s the next stage, the one you’re at now? Asking for a friend

@bigbirdand I were the founding members of Gatewood to TE Club.

Joiner had zero chance to be a successful RB and was way to afraid of contact to play another position.  I never saw another rb run as upright as he did.  Was a terrible signing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Joiner had zero chance to be a successful RB and was way to afraid of contact to play another position.  I never saw another rb run as upright as he did.  Was a terrible signing.

I wouldn't say terrible, maybe as a RB though.  He could've been an ideal joker TE like Clay of Hernandez.

24 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Was rated highly tho! Last staff loved those types of guys.

That was always my issue with them.  They recruited great athletes and guys that liked to play football, they didn’t focus on if guys loved and wanted to be great at football as a criteria.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Was rated highly tho! Last staff loved those types of guys.

Other people did too apparently, constantly citing the highly rated recruiting classes

• Love 1

21 hours ago, auburnphan said:

@bigbirdand I were the founding members of Gatewood to TE Club.

Definitely ran upright. Averaged 7.8 ypc on his 12 carries his last year at AU, though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 8:26 AM, augolf1716 said:

No disrespect but that is a terrible example. Gatewood is no Fullwood as far as talent

Exactly. Nor was the guy who started over him any superstar qb....i believe the kid who started over Gatewood played division one but was not some superstar. Not a good comparison. The Cam comparison isnt good either imo because he was a really good starting highschool qb. Not a guy who split time. If you cant be the man in highschool, unless your sitting behind some future division one star, it ain't likely your just gonna become some stud in college where theres a massive talent gap between highschool. 

Edited by twilli13
  • Like 2