Who excites you the most in this ESD Class?

LPTiger

10 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I'm torn between Sledge and M'ba.   I want another Nick Fairly -- a d lineman who simply refuses to be blocked and plays with a mean streak.

Yeah, NF was just nasty for no reason🤣

Geriner. Seems like a great fit for Harsin. Huge frame, cannon of an arm, solid fundamentals. Pocket passer but enough mobility to move in the pocket. Seems to be really calm. Oh, and looks like he can throw a deep ball. Hope he pulls a Jarquez and seriously pushes the guys ahead of him this spring and summer

• Like 4

If we're talking about an individual player, probably Alston. Could be both an elite athlete and an elite teammate and leader. (Same goes for Geriner but he's taken...)

Overall, I love that I look down the list and don't see any projects or tweeners. 

• Like 3

Eston Harris Jr

He might not be the highest rated guy, it might take him 2-3 years before he's ready to contribute...

But he's the first pure OT since like 2015. So that excites me

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Eston Harris Jr

He might not be the highest rated guy, it might take him 2-3 years before he's ready to contribute...

But he's the first pure OT since like 2015. So that excites me

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Geriner. I think he's badly under rated. A close second would be Woodyard. I hope he's physically ready to play next season.

Geriner is an under armour all American. How’s he underrated?

Rhym one because we pulled him out of La. but because I think he is an elite CB good height, Good speed, loose hips great CB's are hard to find. After that Woodyard one we stole him from bama but great size, speed, and instincts for a LB we could have two early round NFL guys  if they develop.  

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Rhym one because we pulled him out of La. but because I think he is an elite CB good height, Good speed, loose hips great CB's are hard to find. After that Woodyard one we stole him from bama but great size, speed, and instincts for a LB we could have two earl round NFL guys  if they develop.  

Rhym and Ausbery are gonna be good ones

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Geriner is an under armour all American. How’s he underrated?

3* according to the recruiting services.

I just like this entire class as a whole.  We are clearly recruiting a different type of player.  I feel this staff spends much more time evaluating players.   Especially offensively.  The wide receivers we signed this season are more complete football players than we have signed in years.  Over the years Gus got too focused on gadget guys to fit roles than just getting football players.

• Like 3

Woodyard ( I love thumpers and I think he plays MLB)

Geriner  - all he does is throw the ball all over and seems to be accurate.  I need to go back and watch one of his big games.   Not sure we've had a QB like that. I know Stidham might be the closest thing...but Stidham didn't look like that in HS.  Very different styles in HS.

The kicker will make the biggest impact his frosh year: just has to right? 

• Like 1

Question: 

I heard one podcast guy say the receiver (Brown?) may be better than Clemons, but without the drama that surrounds Clemons.  Has anyone watched one of his games?   Can anyone share some insight?   

My HSO:  Brown may be a lot less risk of him transferring if we take longer to build than Clemons.  Clemons could come in and transfer quickly being so far from home....It's a different era (transfer portal). 

We may be farther ahead with Brown and not realize it.   Something to think about.  I may be smarter than I look!