Florida vs. Central Florida

SRBautigerfan

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Here's the thing. Heupel left behind a great QB and good offensive personnel. They had an explosive O during his tenure. I figured Gus would do well with those players before gradually regressing once they left. Instead they have looked meh all year. Plus big step up coming with the Big 12

Exactly. They were scoring ~45 ppg under Heupel and he's imploded that in literally one season. Save me the "Gabriel got hurt" spin, their offense even with Gabriel in there was noticeably behind where they were a season ago.  

• Like 4

UCF is up 26 - 17, with just over a minute left in the 3rd!

O'Keefe just scored on a 54 yrd bomb.

Edited by Never2Yield

4 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

UCF is up 26 - 17, with just over a minute left in the 3rd!

O'Keefe just scored on a 54 yrd bomb.

Gus wins games he shouldn’t.   In this case it’s because Flawrida is TURRRRRRBLE!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Gus wins games he shouldn’t.   In this case it’s because Flawrida is TURRRRRRBLE!

Actually, this is one he should win.

Florida is a train wreck.

Edited by Eagle-1

3 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Yep. And by doing so, has a chance to win nine games in his first season. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Yep. And by doing so, has a chance to win nine games in his first season. 🤔

Which is a little above his average at Auburn.  

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Happy for Gus with the win.  No ill-will from me.  Now on to our bowl game

"ILL WILL ILL WILL ILL WILL ILL WILL ILL WILL ILL WILL ILL WILL ILL WILL!"

^ Me

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Hopefully Gus doesn't leave UCF in a tough spot like he left Harsin.

How so? Basically had a depleted wr corp but that was about it.. TruesDale would of been nice to have. Big Kat left too but he never did much at Au anyways. We had a pretty loaded roster and while the O-Line wasn't great they were mostly 3 or 4 year guys w experience.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

29 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

How so? Basically had a depleted wr corp but that was about it.. TruesDale would of been nice to have. Big Kat left too but he never did much at Au anyways. We had a pretty loaded roster and while the O-Line wasn't great they were mostly 3 or 4 year guys w experience.

U asking a can’t win question. Auburn should have been in a winner take all game against Bama had it not been for poor decisions on the sidelines. All of the standout players are from the previous coach. The late season debacle is because of a culture change. It’s weird because there was never anytime that I recalled the players quit. The only thing was the oline recruiting wasn’t the greatest 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Farmer Brown said:

Strength of schedule...

Screenshot_20211223-211852_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Trust me I know. Their fans already seem frustrated with the offense, especially after watching Frost and Heupel run up and down the field. Twill and their defense supposedly greatly improved so that's great. With the talent advantage out there, Gus will win his share if he gets good QB's now that Gabriel bolted (big if)

4 hours ago, au302 said:

Gus inherited a good program from Heupel and he's already destroyed it. Pitiful play-calling and offense as usual. I don't believe they've thrown the ball more than five yards down the field

Time for a reality check. Heupel's UCF team last season finished 6-4. Gus has improved it to 9-4.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Wide receivers without a deep threat or good intermediate route receiver, d line with no pass rush, sub par online with no depth that will require harsin to completely rebuild the unit, and no qb depth. 6-6 finish from Harsin was better than the analysts expected. Next year will be part of the rebuild as well. Essentially, Auburn doesn't have the talent right now to compete in the secw. 

1 hour ago, Farmer Brown said:

Strength of schedule...

Is all relative. Strength of personnel/past recruiting evens it out. Go 8-4 against your level of competition and then win a bowl game against an SEC team to finish 9-4 has to be a good first year. Those UCF fans looked very much delighted after tonight's game.

• Like 3