Florida vs. Central Florida

SRBautigerfan

• WarTiger changed the title to Florida vs. Central Florida

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Do you have any reason to believe TJ won’t be here next season

No but what does that have to do with us apparently not having a decent backup to him in the bama game?

36 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

No but what does that have to do with us apparently not having a decent backup to him in the bama game?

Well…that’s not what I said lol. You can re-read that post 100 times and I don’t think you’ll ever see me even speak to the quality of backup behind Emory Jones 

There’s also not many programs with well developed 3rd stringers. I would’ve liked for Dee Davis to see some burn but it’s not like you have an abundance of opportunity for that lol 

Alabama is QBU these days and they don’t even develop 3 QBs any season that I can think of. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Now a days any program is very very lucky to even two much less three. Just the way it is.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

Time for a reality check. Heupel's UCF team last season finished 6-4. Gus has improved it to 9-4.

Blasphemy!!  You MUST hate Gus to be on this board!  Get with it man!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I wish Malzahn the best. I don't hate the man. He has the UFC fans really hyped, like he did Auburn fans. He literally sucked the life out of Auburn football for me. I watched the game, and was glad they won, but I told someone watching with me, what he would run on the next play, many times during the game. They won 9 games, with a weak schedule, ranked somewhere around 86.

Well one thing Harsin has going for him, unlike Gus he didn't come in red hot his first season..........Gus come in hot and if I remember correctly many in the media were claiming he would end Saban.

I'll always pull for Gus wherever he coaches.........One of his biggest problems was when Saban complained the game was to fast and offense was slowed down considerably Gus never really adjusted........we had some terrible losses under Gus,but we also had some great wins.

On 12/26/2021 at 12:25 AM, kevon67 said:

Well one thing Harsin has going for him, unlike Gus he didn't come in red hot his first season..........Gus come in hot and if I remember correctly many in the media were claiming he would end Saban.

I'll always pull for Gus wherever he coaches.........One of his biggest problems was when Saban complained the game was to fast and offense was slowed down considerably Gus never really adjusted........we had some terrible losses under Gus,but we also had some great wins.

Yup. A lot of folks didn't make the connection when summarizing Gus that he did most of his heavy lifting in year one. It was a great thing... in 2013. It was a bad thing in 2020.

So, while Harsin didn't do a good enough job this season and it needs to get better, a 10-win season wouldn't have mattered all that much, either. I've had 2023 circled since Gus was fired. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. A lot of folks didn't make the connection when summarizing Gus that he did most of his heavy lifting in year one. It was a great thing... in 2013. It was a bad thing in 2020.

So, while Harsin didn't do a good enough job this season and it needs to get better, a 10-win season wouldn't have mattered all that much, either. I've had 2023 circled since Gus was fired. 

We as a fan base need to learn patience in my opinion.........rebuilds take time.......Saban had a few hard knocks along the way..........Saban has done an amazing job of maintaining success.....By no means a Bama fan but also would be lying to say he hasn't done something historic with the enemy.

• Like 1

Gus Malzahn and UCF could've went undefeated and been sitting pretty in the playoffs right now just like Cincinnati is, and I would still feel 100% it was the right move to fire Gus. It was just time!!!