Bo Nix Mom’s and Sister’s IG Post

RunInRed

2 hours ago, AUEAGLE said:

Awww poor Bo. Good riddance of an immature kid.

Most men don't mature until they are well into their twenties, so that's a little unfair.

It could be true that reaching maturity, he's doing exactly what he thinks will be best for him going into the future. 

Hell, I'm kind of excited for him. He doesn't owe Auburn anything more.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, RunInRed said:

His mom posted about a week ago.  Her line that struck me …

”Now, it’s time for Bo to love himself more than Auburn.”

058F6963-E10D-452F-803C-02C41D4F01F2.jpeg

4FB32183-C97F-40A8-A30C-AA8F8EF59D47.jpeg

C9639B35-CA24-45B9-94E1-9BC62818CCA3.jpeg

I wish Bo nothing but the very best.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Most men don't mature until they are well into their twenties, so that's a little unfair.

It could be true that reaching maturity, he's doing exactly what he thinks will be best for him going into the future. 

Hell, I'm kind of excited for him. He doesn't owe Auburn anything more.

I agree with you Homer.  I wish him success.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So y’all are saying his younger brother probably won’t be coming to AU

I wouldn't if I were him for lots of reasons. So I guess the Atlanta Braves won't be winning the World Series anytime soon😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I will always respect Bo, and consider him an Auburn man. But they need to own that he left.

"Bo gave Auburn everything he had, except 40% of his eligibility."

Every player needs a coach who believes in him. It’s obvious CBH didn’t believe in Bo for whatever reason. If he had Bo would still be here. So calling Bo a quitter and saying he didn’t give AU everything he had is just petty. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I really don’t understand what they are thinking they are going to accomplish by posting this stuff.

He left.

Move on.

Yep. The entire Nix family and the Auburn fan base would both be better off leaving his Auburn time entirely in the past

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, theweegler said:

Every player needs a coach who believes in him. It’s obvious CBH didn’t believe in Bo for whatever reason. If he had Bo would still be here. So calling Bo a quitter and saying he didn’t give AU everything he had is just petty. 

Probably because he watched him play.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Yep. The entire Nix family and the Auburn fan base would both be better off leaving his Auburn time entirely in the past

Exactly.  I mean what do they expect people to do -- start saying over & over: "We're not worthy!"  

See the source image

• Facepalm 1

IMO those post from his family reek of spoil, priviledge people. He was NO more of an Auburn man than many others before him and currently still on the roster to put on that uniform. I don't see how he was treated any different than other QB from his performances on the field. Maybe his family should look at the history of some of the previousy AU QB's including the ones he was giving the starting position over before whinning about loyalty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, TeBoneAU said:

IMO those post from his family reek of spoil, privileged people. He was NO more of an Auburn man than many others before him and currently still on the roster to put on that uniform. I don't see how he was treated any different than other QB from his performances on the field. Maybe his family should look at the history of some of the previous AU QB's including the ones he was giving the starting position over before whining about loyalty.

18jwl2.jpg

(and some corrected spelling)

• Like 1

I think any qualm any Nix has about the way the students treated him is completely fair, and I think any qualm they have about how he was treated on social media by Auburn fans is completely fair

But I feel like, for some inexplicable reason, more Auburn fans liked him than not by the end. Like 51-49 split. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeBoneAU said:

IMO those post from his family reek of spoil, priviledge people. He was NO more of an Auburn man than many others before him and currently still on the roster to put on that uniform. I don't see how he was treated any different than other QB from his performances on the field. Maybe his family should look at the history of some of the previousy AU QB's including the ones he was giving the starting position over before whinning about loyalty.

Yep. They want people to kiss his ass and tell him how awesome he is. He didn’t want to hear the truth and doesn’t seem very coachable. He is not a great leader. Insane athlete and driven. Wish him well. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

9 hours ago, RunInRed said:

The line that got me … “I’ve seen what it takes for you to selflessly love Auburn … even when Auburn didn’t love you back.”

Whatever you think about his time on the Plains, performance as a QB, and ultimate decision to leave, Bo is an Auburn man and I respect him.  And I am thankful he chose to be an Auburn Tiger.  

5364D139-6B37-4BF4-9FC3-F8AE90E0C3E7.jpeg

C3155D1E-92F8-4BE7-8ADE-59393386E0B2.jpeg

8DE956D9-EFF4-4978-A4D7-41F1C0D139EF.jpeg

DD391DCA-2FE8-4C0F-BE6C-C12CE8BFC5E8.jpeg

Really nothing more than being beyond entitled and so overly self absorbed that you think your child is above any and all criticism bc mommy and daddy went to Auburn and HE has to love it more than anyone else.

Edited by W.E.D

I'm sure I'll get a billion down votes, but it's true. And I've been pumping Bo all off season.

6 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

From "Nix Six"   to   "Nix Picks"  to   "Nix Quits"

This is amazing 

I'm glad Bo got to live out his Auburn dream and I'm happy for the wins we had. Also very happy that he's taking his talents elsewhere. 

I can do without all of the drama. There are probably plenty of reasons that "Auburn didn't love him back."

Hope he does well and wish him nothing but the best. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s reaaaaly interesting to see who here is defending and liking different posts…

Yep. That’s why I said this thread was an awesome Christmas present. 

What I don’t quite understand is exactly how the Nix clan is defining “Auburn.” Hmm…Auburn fans, being squeezed on both sides by Saban and Smart, having endured a HS coach for 8 years, dare to demand and expect excellence and reasonable development from the QB position, and when it doesn’t come, call out the QB for lack of these things, and that is “Auburn not loving you back???” I for one don’t know of any fans who hated Nix or didn’t like him. Everybody wants AU to succeed. These social media posts just seem like poorly veiled middle fingers at Auburn fans who don’t “know” and “love” the “true Auburn man” that Bo was, when in fact, his heart for the university’s ethos has never been in question. He was an inconsistent QB who showed flashes of brilliance when given time in the pocket and/or when improvising with his legs. He didn’t complete most of his throws, but he didn’t have great receivers or great lines to help him out. But he overthrew Schwartz time and again and he got happy feet when he didn’t need to. Good luck at Oregon.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

"Most QBs in Bo's situation would choose a school where he would have the best opportunity for individual achievement and success. But Bo chose Auburn."

Hahaha that was absolutely savage and I respect that part but the rest of this crap is soooooo cringe and I am so happy to be moving on.

Definitely cringe and lacking self-awareness.

• Like 1