Bo Nix Mom’s and Sister’s IG Post

RunInRed

It is what it is. If he did feel that added pressure and it effected his performance it is best for him and Auburn that he left. Hope he does well at Oregon he is a talented guy. 

• RunInRed changed the title to Bo Nix Mom’s and Sister’s IG Post

One thing is for sure Bo Nix will go down as one of the more polarizing figures in Auburn history.  Thrust into the spotlight way too early and saddled with perhaps too high of expectations as a 5* legacy recruit.  I'll always appreciate the effort he gave, much like all the other players giving the same exact type of effort that are still here on the team.  

• Like 3

I was a Bo fan and still am. I’m glad he’s moving on. Through no fault of his own, his presence was divisive. I hope someone else steps up and and out- performs his play. I’m not confident that will happen next season. 

• Like 2

Despite how he handled his transfer Bo will always be one of my personal favorites at Auburn. Not because of who he was on the field, rather because I know he is deep down an Auburn man. Glad he got to see out his dream. I couldn't imagine making a decision like his given my feelings for Auburn. I hope he succeeds in the future!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I would delete this quickly before it gets ugly. His family is only fueling the fire and making it worse on themselves with all of these social media posts with the not so subtle shots. Of course they're proud of their son, as they should be, but social media can get quite ugly when there's a departure on bad terms like this case.

• Like 1

So where is his mom suggesting he should gone over AU? Probably not an inaccurate statement by her based on Gus's track record with QB development up to the time he committed to AU. Just curious 

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I would delete this quickly before it gets ugly. His family is only fueling the fire and making it worse on themselves with all of these social media posts with the not so subtle shots. Of course they're proud of their son, as they should be, but social media can get quite ugly when there's a departure on bad terms like this case.

Yeah I agree. I get what I think they are trying to do, which I dont think is malicious because they are AU folks, but comments like that one seem like direct shots at AU and folks will respond as such. 

• Like 1

I was a Bo fan (and still am), but did not love the posts from his family. It is cringeworthy, especially with some of the “behind the scenes” stories coming out.  

However, I would also have an extremely hard time watching my family member be scrutinized all the time playing a sport they loved for a school they adored so I’d probably be a bit momma bear, too. 

Wishing them all success for whatever the future holds.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

1 minute ago, twilli13 said:

Yeah I agree. I get what I think they are trying to do, which I dont think is malicious because they are AU folks, but comments like that one seem like direct shots at AU and folks will respond as such. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

May be unpopular but I could see it with Bo after his freshman year. He caught a lot of crap from fans both deserving and underserved. His success in Oregon will solely depend on his mental toughness on and off the field. At Auburn the desire to be a legacy devoured him on and off the field.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I can appreciate all the support from his family, but I kind of feel like they are drumming up a narrative that isn't necessarily true. They act like AU fans hate Bo when IMO the majority loved Bo and wanted nothing more than for him to succeed at AU.

I think they are letting a few keyboard warriors imprint a narrative in their minds. They need to just move on before further damage is done IMO.

This. Literally had folks begging him to stay and "apologizing" so that he'd come back. I think this all stems from the Georgia State incident with him being booed off the field by the students. I sympathize with them there, but I'm sure we're not the first or last stadium to boo. Right or wrong, part of high level football

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Just keep personal issues OFF public platforms and well, keep it personal.  

You mean like all the bashing Bo has got from posters here? I for one appreciate his family's comments and thank RIR for sharing them here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2