Bo Nix Mom’s and Sister’s IG Post

RunInRed

4 hours ago, theweegler said:

Every player needs a coach who believes in him. It’s obvious CBH didn’t believe in Bo for whatever reason. If he had Bo would still be here. So calling Bo a quitter and saying he didn’t give AU everything he had is just petty. 

I am just curious when Harsin has come out and said he didn't believe in Bo? Did I miss it? Did he not stick with Bo after TJ came in and technically earned the right to at least move into the next game as QB1 until proven otherwise (I know, thats conjecture and my opinion) but it is absolute fact that he was back out there starting after failing in a game against GA ST. 

Last I heard Nix entered the portal on his own decision. Did HArsin tell him to leave? 

Truth is no one here knows the full story, and to spew nonsense and claim it obvious is completely disingenuous. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am just curious when Harsin has come out and said he didn't believe in Bo? Did I miss it? Did he not stick with Bo after TJ came in and technically earned the right to at least move into the next game as QB1 until proven otherwise (I know, thats conjecture and my opinion) but it is absolute fact that he was back out there starting after failing in a game against GA ST. 

Last I heard Nix entered the portal on his own decision. Did HArsin tell him to leave? 

Truth is no one here knows the full story, and to spew nonsense and claim it obvious is completely disingenuous. 

He didn’t have to “come out and say he didn’t believe in Bo.” It’s in the subtext.

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yep. That’s why I said this thread was an awesome Christmas present. 

What I don’t quite understand is exactly how the Nix clan is defining “Auburn.” Hmm…Auburn fans, being squeezed on both sides by Saban and Smart, having endured a HS coach for 8 years, dare to demand and expect excellence and reasonable development from the QB position, and when it doesn’t come, call out the QB for lack of these things, and that is “Auburn not loving you back???” I for one don’t know of any fans who hated Nix or didn’t like him. Everybody wants AU to succeed. These social media posts just seem like poorly veiled middle fingers at Auburn fans who don’t “know” and “love” the “true Auburn man” that Bo was, when in fact, his heart for the university’s ethos has never been in question. He was an inconsistent QB who showed flashes of brilliance when given time in the pocket and/or when improvising with his legs. He didn’t complete most of his throws, but he didn’t have great receivers or great lines to help him out. But he overthrew Schwartz time and again and he got happy feet when he didn’t need to. Good luck at Oregon.

PhotoGrid_1640401119224.jpg

2 hours ago, TeBoneAU said:

IMO those post from his family reek of spoil, priviledge people. He was NO more of an Auburn man than many others before him and currently still on the roster to put on that uniform. I don't see how he was treated any different than other QB from his performances on the field. Maybe his family should look at the history of some of the previousy AU QB's including the ones he was giving the starting position over before whinning about loyalty.

Glad someone else said it and not me. Auburn man is hilarious . It tells you how out of touch people are when they think this behavior is very “Auburn” like but whatever 

• Facepalm 1

The Nix was treated unfairly claim is pretty ludicrous. It comes with the territory as an Au quarterback...you get the brunt of both the criticism and the praise. It's nothing exclusive to Bo. If they think they got a raw deal, they should go talk to Kiehl Fraziers dad and they might rethink what mistreatment from fans truly is. Beyond him, I remember numerous AU qbs over the years getting boo'd at various times for underperforming. Again. It's not all about Bo. 

5 hours ago, Lawsam said:

I wish Bo nothing but the very best.  

Did you watch any of the games? Bo was not liked by a lot of his teammates and proceeded to pout like a baby on multiple occasions. Now he has run away from Auburn and sharing his family’s posts whining about how Auburn treated him. Do good and you will be loved. Do bad and you may need to toughen up and lock in.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, theweegler said:

Every player needs a coach who believes in him. It’s obvious CBH didn’t believe in Bo for whatever reason. If he had Bo would still be here. So calling Bo a quitter and saying he didn’t give AU everything he had is just petty. 

That utter bull****. Harsin hyped Bo literally everyday from the minute he came in through the season 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’m not saying one should really care about what people online say about them, but I can understand why his sister and mother made the posts.  Like many of your fathers and mothers (if they were active on social media) would probably do for you, if they felt their son or daughter was having harsh things said about them, they would stand up for them.  I know you would do the same for your children as well.  Momma Worm defended her son on here the same way and I support that. I think she is a fantastic mother to Shaun.  It’s Bo’s family we are talking about after all.

I do hope we can all move on from this saga soon though.  What is done is done.  Resentment only does harm to yourself, especially with today and tomorrow needing to be reserved for family time.  Besides, we should be celebrating the commitment we received today to help bolster our DL!

Edited by abw0004
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, AUEAGLE said:

Did you watch any of the games? Bo was not liked by a lot of his teammates and proceeded to pout like a baby on multiple occasions. Now he has run away from Auburn and sharing his family’s posts whining about how Auburn treated him. Do good and you will be loved. Do bad and you may need to toughen up and lock in.

I watch every game.  I wish him the very best.

I supported Bo just as I do TJ and DD. I hope he can do well but my goodness, this stuff of theirs needs to end. He could have stayed as the likely starting QB in his Senior year with an NFL QB coach coaching him no less. It was Bo's decision to leave so get on with it. This long goodbye stuff on social media from him and family members needs to be done with and they need to move on.

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Momma Worm defended her son on here the same way and I support that. I think she is a fantastic mother to Shaun.  It’s Bo’s family we are talking about after all

Stop being sneaky . She never took shots at Auburn. She only defended her son when people doubted his abilities . The fact is Bo has had way more opportunities to show what he could do at the QB position here . More so than the typical Power 5 QB. It didn’t work out. No need to be bitter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

He didn’t have to “come out and say he didn’t believe in Bo.” It’s in the subtext.

BS. Show one shred of evidence of this? I can point out plenty of evidence against it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Most men don't mature until they are well into their twenties, so that's a little unfair.

It could be true that reaching maturity, he's doing exactly what he thinks will be best for him going into the future. 

Hell, I'm kind of excited for him. He doesn't owe Auburn anything more.

He doesn't owe Auburn anything and never did. I think the problem is the Nixes clearly think Auburn owes them something. Like some sort of grand recognition. It's always seemed that way. Like Bo was bigger than Auburn.

His mom's comment that he could have played elsewhere for better achievements and stats, but chose Auburn. What's that supposed to me? That we're lucky to have him? Playing for Auburn is a privilege. It isn't the other way around. He should be very grateful for the chance to play for the orange and blue. 

• Like 1

As much as fans hype Bo up and as untouchable as his family thinks he should've been at Auburn, you would think in 3 full seasons as starting QB our record would've been alot better than 21-15. I mean, the kid was the guest interview on Sportscenter with Scott Van Pelt the same night we beat Oregon in his first college game. They were touting him the Freshman Sensation and The Legend of Bo Nix after that game. (And the winning pass was a horribly thrown ball that was 5 yards too short and Seth had to fall backwards on the DB to even get into the endzone) But let's not mention that because it ruins their narrative of him being the All World Freshman phenom. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Imagine life at Pinson Valley. Dad and QB son go 28-1 with back to back state championships, the first ever for the school and town. Nary a hint of the slightest negative feedback or criticism. Keys to the city. Heroes of the highest order. Life is like a storybook, a G rated movie.

Unfortunately, legacy or not, being a starting QB at the highest level of college football may not be so warm and fuzzy. Athletes and family MUST brace themselves for this, and especially the cruel reality of social media. Better have a thick skin.

Aside from his dad, did Bo ever seek advice from guys like Jason Campbell or Stan White? Both of them took some heat, but persevered and went on to greatness in their senior seasons.

Beyond all the noise, I strongly believe the real reason for his departure, is recognition of the fact that this offensive philosophy is not for him. So he joins the like minded Dillingham at Oregon, not having to face the brutality of the SEC.

Can't blame him.

I sincerely thank him for giving it his best shot and wish him and his family well.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

This comes as no surprise that his family has taken it to social media and went public. If anybody keeps up with the Nix family on social media or have heard how they can be then you almost expected it to end this way. His mother and his GF have a VERY hard time letting things roll off their back and they are usually verbally sparring with other AU fans at the games (high school and college) or on social media. This all came to a head when he was benched against Georgia State and the Auburn fans booed him off the field. TJ Finley came in and won us that game but the Nix family to this day think Bo should've never been benched and that he would've led us back to victory. Everybody not named Nix knows that Auburn could've played 10 more quarters and Bo wouldn't have led us back to a win. He should've been benched in 2019 at The Swamp but our head coach at the time didn't have a pair and let Bo throw the game away with 3 interceptions. For everything Bo did good at Auburn, he did just as much bad. The constant berating his teammates definately got old because he made as many mistakes or more than the WR's, O-Lineman and RB's that he was barking at on national tv. I attend alot of Auburn games and the past 3 years I've seen ALOT of the offense coming off the field and Bo Nix goes and stands by himself most of the time and his teammates rarely stand with him or speak to him. That should tell you alot in itself. I truly feel the players were happy when Bo announced his decision to transfer because Bo and his family are very polarizing to the point it starts to wear you out. I've got 3 very close friends that attended Pinson Valley and they're also Auburn grads. I've heard a ton of stories from them going back to when Bo was in high school and it was alot of the same stuff with his family stirring up drama publically and behind the scenes. I hear it's the same way with his younger brother also. With a family that feels like they have to constantly "win the arguement" and that responds to any criticism of Bo, it's just better that they are going to Oregon. Bo and his family were told he was going to have to compete for QB1 and that no starting spot on this team is just handed to you. Being a 3 year starter he and his family felt like he should automatically be the starter. That's how the parents raised him. He had his daddy coaching him and he never had to compete for a job. Our last coach gave in to the same crap and Bo didn't have to compete for QB1 under that coach. Well, Harsin doesn't play that game and didn't let the family walk over him. That family felt entitled due to being 3rd generation AU people. I've been told when he was benched against Georgia State, the stuff hit the fan and that was pretty much it. This will be a win win for both the Auburn family and the Nix family. WDE

Wow you entered my brain and spoke my words. What are we thinking…NOW lol?

Generally speaking…. Coming back to your alma mater to coach, or playing as a child of a legacy family star athlete usually does not work out. 

good luck Bo, i wish you the best of success. I could see this coming after his first full year. 

• Like 2

the truth is if bo was your son most of you would defend him without a moments hesitation. not much grace in here from the christians towards bo. there were a lot of rumors floating around about bo and i bet most of them were complete garbage how many can prove the rumors are true?. bo left pretty much everything he had on the field when he walked off. sometimes it was amazing and sometimes it was ugly. i think many on here would feel different if we had exceeded expectations this season. rumors are garbage if no one can prove they are true. fresh out of high school bo could have gone just about anywhere he wanted. it is a sad day when a kid gives you everything they had and fans still throw you under the bus. i mean we are believing rumors that are unfounded now? i am willing to bet he would have given anything for auburn and i doubt how many folks knew the weight he carried on his shoulders. and before anyone jumps bad on me i was all for tj or dd to get time when bo struggled. we claim the creed. we claim to be family. in the end most of us are just fans wanting some wins. if you cannot prove rumors are point to facts that bo acted entitled then that is on you. if you want to trash his family for taking up for their son which most of you would do it is on you. the proof is in this thread. and if bo fell short it was not his attitude in my opinion but coaching.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Smh. What makes Bo better than any other player that has sacrificed their blood, sweat, and tears on the field? 

Why wasn't Malik Willis or Joey gatewood given a post with the tears? As a matter of fact gatewood was celebrated on here for not succeeding.....they both showed stronger character while being treated less....this is something else. 

What a world, Merry Christmas smh

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Smh. What makes Bo better than any other player that has sacrificed their blood, sweat, and tears on the field? 

Why wasn't Malik Willis or Joey gatewood given a post with the tears? As a matter of fact gatewood was celebrated on here for not succeeding.....they both showed stronger character while being treated less....this is something else. 

What a world, Merry Christmas smh

nothing and you missed the point as usual. the kid gave what he had and the fans threw him under the bus. i am addressing the rumors. can you tell me any rumors about him that you can prove was true? my point is no one should be thrown under the bus if they fall short but gave what they had to give.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

nothing and you missed the point as usual. the kid gave what he had and the fans threw him under the bus. i am addressing the rumors. can you tell me any rumors about him that you can prove was true? my point is no one should be thrown under the bus if they fall short but gave what they had to give.

The fact Harsin had the reply he had and the what his family said on social media proves it to me.

The fact that I was told by former and current players this a couple of years ago and I posted it but coincidentally the same thing is coming out now. 

Going to the coach with your dad to tell him what he needs to do. 

All the players give what they had. But I guess you miss it as usual as well. But actually my bad I'm not going to bearguing about Bo on Christmas. His family literally told you guys how he really felt about Auburn.....make him great. He hasn't endured anything any other QB goes thru, nobody hurt for the other guys. Merry Christmas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1