Bo Nix Mom’s and Sister’s IG Post

RunInRed

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

The fact Harsin had the reply he had and the what his family said on social media proves it to me.

The fact that I was told by former and current players this a couple of years ago and I posted it but coincidentally the same thing is coming out now. 

Going to the coach with your dad to tell him what he needs to do. 

All the players give what they had. But I guess you miss it as usual as well. But actually my bad I'm not going to bearguing about Bo on Christmas. His family literally told you guys how he really felt about Auburn.....make him great. He hasn't endured anything any other QB goes thru, nobody hurt for the other guys. Merry Christmas

can you or anyone prove this happened? the only rumor i have seen partially true is bo on the bench mad cus he was pulled because he was hurt. and again if bo and his old man met with harsin why is that a bad thing? there are millions on the line right? i have no problem with that. now if pat was making stupid demands that is another thing. malik sure was done dirty in my opinion and i am still sad it happened even tho he will get the last laugh. but cole if that was your son and millions were on the line would you not take a vested interest and want to be in on the meeting? and before you answer if pat for stupid during the meeting i agree it is a bad look. but how do we know? how do other players know? can you give a name of one of your sources to verify it? i take all rumors with a grain of salt. i will always think fondly of bo for playing with one leg JUST like tj. my point is we can hate the results but maybe not hate the player? would you agree with that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The fact Harsin had the reply he had and the what his family said on social media proves it to me.

The fact that I was told by former and current players this a couple of years ago and I posted it but coincidentally the same thing is coming out now. 

Going to the coach with your dad to tell him what he needs to do. 

All the players give what they had. But I guess you miss it as usual as well. But actually my bad I'm not going to bearguing about Bo on Christmas. His family literally told you guys how he really felt about Auburn.....make him great. He hasn't endured anything any other QB goes thru, nobody hurt for the other guys. Merry Christmas

i forgot to say merry christmas back to you. i hope you get lots of fun stuff and have some great memories.

Edited by aubiefifty

47 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the truth is i

The truth is you don’t know how many of us would react . You don’t know how I was raised or how anybody else in here deals with adversity. I am just going to overlook your religious jab because this is not the medium for it. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

The truth is you don’t know how many of us would react . You don’t know how I was raised or how anybody else in here deals with adversity. I am just going to overlook your religious jab because this is not the medium for it. 

well i have read four or five pages of reaction and also  i am pretty sure most parents watch out for their kids future. and christians banging on a kid is not a good look.especially based on rumor. i have my opinion just like you have yours. and the narrative fits.

• Like 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

well i have read four or five pages of reaction and also  i am pretty sure most parents watch out for their kids future. and christians banging on a kid is not a good look.especially based on rumor. i have my opinion just like you have yours. and the narrative fits.

Exactly you have your opinion. That is your own truth. I am glad you recognize that. 

i am pretty sure we all do. i have a right to point out things i disagree with and i am certainly not using it to start a fight on christmas day.

Look I know this is a message board and everyone is giving opinions.   But it sure does seem that a lot of people take things personally when it comes to players that play for Auburn.   They get a certain way when they aren’t even related or know the player.    

What separates Bo (I’m not for or against the guy) from other players is that (1). His father played at Auburn (2) his mom and dad graduated from Auburn (3) he is a lifelong fan of the school just like people on this board 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Stop being sneaky . She never took shots at Auburn. She only defended her son when people doubted his abilities . The fact is Bo has had way more opportunities to show what he could do at the QB position here . More so than the typical Power 5 QB. It didn’t work out. No need to be bitter. 

I’m not being sneaky or bitter.  Only explaining why I understand what his family is doing.  My family would have done the same for me and I would do the same for my future children.  I understand with me in particular commenting on anything Bo related will come across as biased, but in this instance it really isn’t the case.  I would have said the same thing if this were TJ’s mother and sister posting.

20 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

One thing is for sure Bo Nix will go down as one of the more polarizing figures in Auburn history.  Thrust into the spotlight way too early and saddled with perhaps too high of expectations as a 5* legacy recruit.  I'll always appreciate the effort he gave, much like all the other players giving the same exact type of effort that are still here on the team.  

Due in no small part to the social media, instant access world we live in today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I’m not being sneaky or bitter.  Only explaining why I understand what his family is doing.  My family would have done the same for me and I would do the same for my future children.  I understand with me in particular commenting on anything Bo related will come across as biased, but in this instance it really isn’t the case.  I would have said the same thing if this were TJ’s mother and sister posting.

That's fine but don't equate that to anything Shivers mother did. She has never uttered a bad word at AU from my understanding. She only ever responded to posters on here doubting him for his size. Those aren't remotely the same in category to try and associate the two.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

That's fine but don't equate that to anything Shivers mother did. She has never uttered a bad word at AU from my understanding. She only ever responded to posters on here doubting him for his size. Those aren't remotely the same in category to try and associate the two.

Not that it really matters, but my original post wasn’t referring to talking badly about Auburn.  That may be the miscommunication between us.

My original post was referring to Bo’s mother and sister defending Bo from the Auburn fans talking badly about their son/brother.  This is why I compared Momma Worm, and I meant it only as a complement too.

Surprisingly all the other players have mothers and fathers as well. Other players were Auburn fans. Other players even had family who attended and played for Auburn! 

Some players even did the harder thing by wanting to play for Auburn when their family were fans of other schools. 

But just to reiterate other players in the past, current players in the present and surprisingly even the players in the future will have parents who love their children! So maybe we can remember that for ALL PLAYERS since we're a softer more sensitive forum now!

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Not that it really matters, but my original post wasn’t referring to talking badly about Auburn.  That may be the miscommunication between us.

My original post was referring to Bo’s mother and sister defending Bo from the Auburn fans talking badly about their son/brother.  This is why I compared Momma Worm, and I meant it only as a complement too.

But you can't compare two different situations. She defended her son on comments made on this forum. She specifically wrote back to those people. His mom is making general accusations on a whole institution. She is mad at what some twitter warriors have said, and she is doing the exact same thing? Hypocritical much? What is she going to do at the next level, if her son makes it, has a bad game like Jimmy G. where the whole dang state wants you thrown into the bay? I believe there is a certain decorum that goes along with high responsibility but I was raised a tad bit different than some of y'all. Some things are better left said at the dinner table.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

But you can't compare two different situations. She defended her son on comments made on this forum. She specifically wrote back to those people. His mom is making general accusations on a whole institution. She is mad at what some twitter warriors have said, and she is doing the exact same thing? Hypocritical much? What is she going to do at the next level, if her son makes it, has a bad game like Jimmy G. where the whole dang state wants you thrown into the bay? I believe there is a certain decorum that goes along with high responsibility but I was raised a tad bit different than some of y'all. Some things are better left said at the dinner table.

Your words made me think how ja morant recently said that a few fans just told him he needs to stay out of uniform because of their recent loss. He said it hurts. He's as upstanding, high character guy, hard worker athlete to ever be. His dad is always with him......I bet you want hear a peep from him.

Edited by cole256

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sadly not true, but she would delete them at least after realizing they were a bad look.

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

This made me think how ja morant recently said that a few fans just told him he needs to stay out of uniform because of their recent loss. He said it hurts. He's as upstanding, high character guy, hard worker athlete to ever be. His dad is always with him......I bet you want hear a peep from him.

Ja Morant is so humble. I don't know if you read up on his dad, but he is equally as humble as well. The city of Memphis loves him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I suppose that is where we differ then (which is fine), because I see the forum as a form of social media just like Twitter.  I don’t think Bo’s mother could address everyone like Momma Worm was able to do.  I’m not saying Bo’s mother and sister did the right or wrong thing, I am simply just saying I understand.  Honestly my mother would have done the same thing.  She would have tried to take as much of the fire as possible.

But I do agree with you and understand what you are saying.  In the NFL they will have to be able to take everything that is thrown at you from the fans.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I suppose that is where we differ then (which is fine), because I see the forum as a form of social media just like Twitter.  I don’t think Bo’s mother could address everyone like Momma Worm was able to do.  I’m not saying Bo’s mother and sister did the right or wrong thing, I am simply just saying I understand.  Honestly my mother would have done the same thing.  She would have tried to take as much of the fire as possible.

But I do agree with you and understand what you are saying.  In the NFL they will have to be able to take everything that is thrown at you from the fans.  

That is fair. It is a different up bringing. I know for one, my mother, Corporal Gibbs, AU nursing graduate, would never get on social media and show herself like that. Underneath the scene, for sure. But like I said, two different mindsets, two different up bringing, etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Ja Morant is so humble. I don't know if you read up on his dad, but he is equally as humble as well. The city of Memphis loves him.

Oh I know his entire story. I started following him his sophomore college season. I would post about him on the basketball board a bunch. I hated to see him sad like that but I know his dad got him and I know he'll use that as fire. I wouldn't imagine around playoff time people will have hell to pay with him on the court. 

Watching his dad I couldn't help but to think wow wish I had had that in my life. I had a shorter time with my grandfather though....but Merry Christmas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Oh I know his entire story. I started following him his sophomore college season. I would post about him on the basketball board a bunch. I hated to see him sad like that but I know his dad got him and I know he'll use that as fire. I wouldn't imagine around playoff time people will have hell to pay with him on the court. 

Watching his dad I couldn't help but to think wow wish I had had that in my life. I had a shorter time with my grandfather though....but Merry Christmas

Morant’s father is still his biggest hater, but also his best friend

https://www.sportscasting.com/ja-morant-father-always-will-be-biggest-hater-good-job-you-still-suck/

A major difference I think in fostering resiliency. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They probably need to stay off the internet. 

Said this early on........You are 1,000 percent correct.........Also Urban Meyer needs to order in and drink with friends at home😂

• Haha 1

Let’s stop making Mommaworm out to be some great whatever.   That women attacked my posts for three years just because after his freshman season I said that he needs to be more patient and improve his vision.  I said he could be a Joe Morris type of runner.   She went off on me that I can’t evaluate her son and that I am not at practice.  Then fairly regularly if I posted anything she would try to cast me as a hater.   The truth is her attacks made me for the first time think that I hope her son fails, but I couldn’t do that.   By the way my evaluation is as true today as it was after his freshman year.  

• Haha 1

I supported Bo.. Think he really improved under Harsin tremendously over his time with Gus... He could have used another year under Hars, so

If you can't handle the heat.... Get out of the kitchen. 

16 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Let’s stop making Mommaworm out to be some great whatever.   That women attacked my posts for three years just because after his freshman season I said that he needs to be more patient and improve his vision.  I said he could be a Joe Morris type of runner.   She went off on me that I can’t evaluate her son and that I am not at practice.  Then fairly regularly if I posted anything she would try to cast me as a hater.   The truth is her attacks made me for the first time think that I hope her son fails, but I couldn’t do that.   By the way my evaluation is as true today as it was after his freshman year.  

Man that some personal stuff. I am talking about characterizing a whole university of people off of a selective few of people. That is like me attacking a whole branch of the army because I got into it with a couple of cadets. Nobody is perfect around here, but to mischaracterize a whole university is my issue and it still rings true in my original post where I said Shivers mom responded to SPECIFIC people. I have never seen her call out AU over y'all disagreements. 

• Like 2