Bo Nix Mom’s and Sister’s IG Post

RunInRed

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Morant’s father is still his biggest hater, but also his best friend

https://www.sportscasting.com/ja-morant-father-always-will-be-biggest-hater-good-job-you-still-suck/

A major difference I think in fostering resiliency. 

Well without it certainly wouldn't be where he is. Wasn't handed anything, literally had to get it out of the mud. He was rejected by almost everybody actually

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man that some personal stuff. I am talking about characterizing a whole university of people off of a selective few of people. That is like me attacking a whole branch of the army because I got into it with a couple of cadets. Nobody is perfect around here, but to mischaracterize a whole university is my issue and it still rings true in my original post where I said Shivers mom responded to SPECIFIC people. I have never seen her call out AU over y'all disagreements. 

True, where she made her comments were fair and always towards the program.  She mentioned being lied to often, but not on specifics and I won’t re-hash what she deleted because that would be disrespectful to her.  She deleted it for a reason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

True, where she made her comments were fair and always towards the program.  She mentioned being lied to often, but not on specifics and I won’t re-hash what she deleted because that would be disrespectful to her.  She deleted it for a reason.

And please don't think I am saying she was an angel or always right. I never thought that. It just doesn't sit right with me that Auburn is getting mischaracterized as a whole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And please don't think I am saying she was an angel or always right. I never thought that. It just doesn't sit right with me that Auburn is getting mischaracterized as a whole.

I agree, the Nix’s are making Bo out to being a saint for playing for Auburn because he could have been a better football player if he went elsewhere.  They could have simply said:

“Bo enjoyed his time at his life long dream school and accomplished his goal of earning his degree.  With that said, he is looking to broaden his horizons and experiences playing elsewhere with his remaining eligibility.   War Damn Eagle Forever!!  Family Forever!”    

it is an absolute shame how poorly they are handling this situation, at least I hope that is the case and they are not purposely trying to do damage to Auburn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I relish the day of never hearing bo Nix complain about not being adored. They are going to love him in the pros. Not that he will ever make it there. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

it is an absolute shame how poorly they are handling this situation, at least I hope that is the case and they are not purposely trying to do damage to Auburn.

Do we really think Bo wasn't consulted before this statement was made? 

• Dislike 1

12 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am just curious when Harsin has come out and said he didn't believe in Bo? Did I miss it? Did he not stick with Bo after TJ came in and technically earned the right to at least move into the next game as QB1 until proven otherwise (I know, thats conjecture and my opinion) but it is absolute fact that he was back out there starting after failing in a game against GA ST. 

Last I heard Nix entered the portal on his own decision. Did HArsin tell him to leave? 

Truth is no one here knows the full story, and to spew nonsense and claim it obvious is completely disingenuous. 

Look this ain’t rocket science. After the Ga St game it was reported that the QB position was back open and that Bo out performed everyone in practice and earned the starting spot back. That’s why Bo was back at QB1. 
CBH started Bo because as he said himself, Bo gave Auburn their best chance to win. And I think everyone saw that as the season played out. TJ got his chances to show what he could do. But when the season is over it’s a DIFFERENT DEAL. It was widely reported that Bo had a meeting with CBH and they discussed the future. I wasn’t there, but that’s a totally logical and reasonable expectation. It’s been rumored that Nix and maybe his dad made some “Demands”, if they did and what they were only those there know. That’s a whole different argument. But I think it’s more than reasonable that Bo wanted to know what CBH saw for the upcoming season at the QB position. Basically what his role would be. And we all know Bo chose to leave. 

Does anyone believe that CBH said “You’re QB1 and you’re my guy and you’re gonna be my guy til you leave.” 
When we haven’t heard CBH say anything like that publicly?

If it looks like a duck……..

The reasonable answer here is that CBH, based on what he’s shown us all season and through out his career would say something along the lines of “whoever wins the job in spring and summer and regular practice will be QB1.”  

CBH has every right to want the QB he wants. He didn’t recruit Bo obviously and we all know Bo’s issues. So it’s not unreasonable or a reach IMO to think CBH wouldn’t commit to Bo the way any 3 year starting QB would want their coach too.  

And for the record, no I wasn’t at the meeting, IDK the facts, but this is not a hard or unreasonable conclusion based on what we do know. So when you say I’m spewing nonsense and being completely disingenuous I say fine. Sure. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Not with you specifically, but things seemed to get really out of hand after he went into 2020 as #1 on the depth chart but was quickly overtaken by Tank. Super awkward around here after that, even though there is zero shame in being beaten out by a superstar talent like that. I remember one thread in particular got really out of hand

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I agree, the Nix’s are making Bo out to being a saint for playing for Auburn because he could have been a better football player if he went elsewhere.  

I can't help but wonder how much of Bo being named the starter in 2019 came from this. A legacy 5 star QB tells Malzahn he recognizes Malzahn is terrible at coaching QBs but he is willing to come here anyway because he loves Auburn but he wants a guarantee he will start. We had Malik Willis on the roster and we see where he is today. In fairness to that, Malzahn would have never gotten the talent out of Willis that Freeze did but can't help but think Willis got shafted in that deal. 

Out of all the players that have transferred out of Auburn, has any player and family ever made a bigger show of them leaving? Any family whined more about how we were not grateful enough to be bestowed with his presence?  If this doesn't solidify that the meeting between Harsin, Bo, and Pat played out exactly as rumored, then nothing will.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

the truth is if bo was your son most of you would defend him without a moments hesitation. not much grace in here from the christians towards bo. there were a lot of rumors floating around about bo and i bet most of them were complete garbage how many can prove the rumors are true?. bo left pretty much everything he had on the field when he walked off. sometimes it was amazing and sometimes it was ugly. i think many on here would feel different if we had exceeded expectations this season. rumors are garbage if no one can prove they are true. fresh out of high school bo could have gone just about anywhere he wanted. it is a sad day when a kid gives you everything they had and fans still throw you under the bus. i mean we are believing rumors that are unfounded now? i am willing to bet he would have given anything for auburn and i doubt how many folks knew the weight he carried on his shoulders. and before anyone jumps bad on me i was all for tj or dd to get time when bo struggled. we claim the creed. we claim to be family. in the end most of us are just fans wanting some wins. if you cannot prove rumors are point to facts that bo acted entitled then that is on you. if you want to trash his family for taking up for their son which most of you would do it is on you. the proof is in this thread. and if bo fell short it was not his attitude in my opinion but coaching.

Let's face it fifty, apparently you and I are just too old - or at least old-fashioned - to be a modern Auburn fan.

Social media is ruining our society.  Everyone's a snowflake.

So what if Bo's parents or siblings post their feelings on the internet?  That's no reason to start trashing Bo for no reason.  He didn't post it. Let his family live with their own media mistakes. 

All we are accomplishing with this vitriolic reaction by some "fans" is making Auburn look bad.

Really bad.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, nurbis said:

I can't help but wonder how much of Bo being named the starter in 2019 came from this. A legacy 5 star QB tells Malzahn he recognizes Malzahn is terrible at coaching QBs but he is willing to come here anyway because he loves Auburn but he wants a guarantee he will start. We had Malik Willis on the roster and we see where he is today. In fairness to that, Malzahn would have never gotten the talent out of Willis that Freeze did but can't help but think Willis got shafted in that deal. 

Out of all the players that have transferred out of Auburn, has any player and family ever made a bigger show of them leaving? Any family whined more about how we were not grateful enough to be bestowed with his presence?  If this doesn't solidify that the meeting between Harsin, Bo, and Pat played out exactly as rumored, then nothing will.  

I totally agree. Just think, Bo is leaving a 6-6 team that is thin at O-Line and no real alpha WR's and going to Oregon where they've been winning 10 to 12 games every season the past handful of years and they play for the Pac12 Title every year. They are also known for their great O-Line. The Nix family should be ecstatic that Bo is going to a place set up like that and a conference not known for defense. Justin Herbert and Marcus Mariota recently went top 6 in the draft and have been starters immediately when they got to the NFL. This should be a dream scenario Bo is going into but yet here the Nix family is taking to social media and taking shots at Auburn. It's like I said in my earlier post about the Nix family, they can't just let things slide off their back. They ALWAYS have to respond to any criticism of Bo and they always "have to win the arguement." No other family of a player that has transferred went about it the way the Nix family is. And those other transfers were going into situations that were alot more dire than what Bo is going into. If that family can't handle criticism at the high school and college level, I couldn't imagine how they will act if he were to be drafted to a New York, Chicago, Green Bay, Pittsburgh or New England team where the media, sports radio and entire fanbase will eat Bo alive. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nurbis said:

I think all three got shafted. I've argued that looking back all three were probably not ready to start at the SEC level in 2019. That's on Gus for not bringing in a transfer. Malik is a stud, Bo is an average QB right now, and Gatewood hasn't really cracked the field for three schools. I say that as a huge Gatewood fan that called for him regularly.

Same for 2015. What I've come to believe over the Gus era is that there should be QB competitions almost every year barring Heisman/high postseason play. The obvious situations. Transfers brought in for insurance too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I totally agree. Just think, Bo is leaving a 6-6 team that is thin at O-Line and no real alpha WR's and going to Oregon where they've been winning 10 to 12 games every season the past handful of years and they play for the Pac12 Title every year. They are also known for their great O-Line. The Nix family should be ecstatic that Bo is going to a place set up like that and a conference not known for defense. Justin Herbert and Marcus Mariota recently went top 6 in the draft and have been starters immediately when they got to the NFL. This should be a dream scenario Bo is going into but yet here the Nix family is taking to social media and taking shots at Auburn. It's like I said in my earlier post about the Nix family, they can't just let things slide off their back. They ALWAYS have to respond to any criticism of Bo and they always "have to win the arguement." No other family of a player that has transferred went about it the way the Nix family is. And those other transfers were going into situations that were alot more dire than what Bo is going into. If that family can't handle criticism at the high school and college level, I couldn't imagine how they will act if he were to be drafted to a New York, Chicago, Green Bay, Pittsburgh or New England team where the media, sports radio and entire fanbase will eat Bo alive. 

Exactly.   If Bo, his family and his fiance think AU fans were rough, they are going to have a rude awakening if he makes it to the NFL.  NFL fans and media are brutal. They make AU fans look like saints. 

• Like 2

Lots of unnecessary drama here.  It's generally not a good idea to burn bridges on the way out in most situations in life.  You never know when you'll need a hand from someone later, and time has a way of smoothing over smaller frustrations into goodwill.  The good times tend to be remembered more than the bad. But thinly-veiled shots like this sting, even down the road a ways.

Gus handled this aspect of his parting with the program well IMO.  But Bo et al... well, seems like the Nix family are more Festivus and less Christmas.

Good luck to him at Oregon.  Hard to feel optimistic about his prospects running a Kenny Dillingham offense, but what do I know - I'm just a stupid ungrateful Auburn person who struggles to recognize true talent, obviously.

• Like 5

I do wish Bo had stayed next year and broken all the Auburn QB records but it was his decision and I think we should respect that.  We all know the QB usually gets too much credit when things are going well and too much blame when it’s not.  I do wish the coaches could have put a better O line in front of him throughout his career.  A lot of his problems with happy feet and bailing out even when the protection was good came from years of not being able to trust the protection.  Bo confidently setting his feet in a clean pocket and Bo running for his life were like two different QBs, even though he made some of his most memorable plays under pressure.  I hate that he didn’t get to end his Auburn career with a victory over Alabama and I will always believe thats what would have happened if he hadn’t been injured.  

I also think the whole “discussion” going on here between his family and his detractors is sad and it’s beneath Auburn people.  There are no winners in a public pissing contest. It just makes us all look bad.  

• Like 2

Sounds like he came to Auburn primarily b/c he loved Auburn and he’s leaving b/c he doesn’t think the situation sets him up for the next level.  All the rest, from both sides, is just noise.

Players today are in the position to make demands.  Programs can choose to meet those or not.  Neither party really did anything wrong in that negotiation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nurbis said:

first do you really think bo told gus he was a bad coach? and malik will always be on gus and no one else. and let me say there have been hundreds of kids come through auburn that had parents that meddled or asked to see coach. and i doubt it was to discuss the weather. and i am not so sure the good ol boys with the money did not do the serious meddling because bo is a legacy. harsin wants to run multiple and bo is a spread guy. i bet pat was there to make the offense more bo friendly. is this not fair? why does it all have to be so devious? if it happened that a coach is willing to not play fair he loses cred when it comes to coaching right? maybe not but that is the way i see it. when bo was struggling tj was not allowed a shot until bo started playing on one leg. i just think sometimes auburn fans are their own worst enemies. i have said this several times before but al.com did an article on how ridiculous the fans were and they even posted examples from this site. that is fact. but the fans never do anything wrong to make the team look bad right? we are too quick to come down on the kids based on the rumor mill. do not believe me then ask a mod. but if you know exactly what was said please post a link. maybe pat wanted to tell harsin not to play bo hurt like that anymore because it might hurt his shot at the pro's? see what i mean? also was it a three person meeting? you think bo and pat would embarrass themselves like that with stupid demands on playing time or guarantees which would make both coaches look bad? and we know harsin keeps stuff close to the vest. sorry but i just do not buy it. but i am sure someone will come on and tell me how wrong i am.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I do wish Bo had stayed next year and broken all the Auburn QB records but it was his decision and I think we should respect that.  We all know the QB usually gets too much credit when things are going well and too much blame when it’s not.  I do wish the coaches could have put a better O line in front of him throughout his career.  A lot of his problems with happy feet and bailing out even when the protection was good came from years of not being able to trust the protection.  Bo confidently setting his feet in a clean pocket and Bo running for his life were like two different QBs, even though he made some of his most memorable plays under pressure.  I hate that he didn’t get to end his Auburn career with a victory over Alabama and I will always believe thats what would have happened if he hadn’t been injured.  

I also think the whole “discussion” going on here between his family and his detractors is sad and it’s beneath Auburn people.  There are no winners in a public pissing contest. It just makes us all look bad.  

do you know what kind of nil money they promised bo versus what he got at auburn? that might have factored in all of this as well if bo wanted to run more spread versus the multiple set harsin wants to run.

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I supported Bo.. Think he really improved under Harsin tremendously over his time with Gus... He could have used another year under Hars, so

If you can't handle the heat.... Get out of the kitchen. 

That  last sentence...........It's what's the random gambler told Wyatt Earrp at the Pharroa Table just before Curly Bill and Johnny Ringo enter.......Take 2..........and ACTION!😂

14 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

As much as fans hype Bo up and as untouchable as his family thinks he should've been at Auburn, you would think in 3 full seasons as starting QB our record would've been alot better than 21-15. I mean, the kid was the guest interview on Sportscenter with Scott Van Pelt the same night we beat Oregon in his first college game. They were touting him the Freshman Sensation and The Legend of Bo Nix after that game. (And the winning pass was a horribly thrown ball that was 5 yards too short and Seth had to fall backwards on the DB to even get into the endzone) But let's not mention that because it ruins their narrative of him being the All World Freshman phenom. 🙄

Yeah and let's not mention that Bo laid his guts on the field as we beat LSU last season in Baton Rouge for the first time in years. Sore he had some bad games but what QB wouldn't behind the OL we had.

On 12/24/2021 at 1:07 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

I can appreciate all the support from his family, but I kind of feel like they are drumming up a narrative that isn't necessarily true. They act like AU fans hate Bo when IMO the majority loved Bo and wanted nothing more than for him to succeed at AU.

I think they are letting a few keyboard warriors imprint a narrative in their minds. They need to just move on before further damage is done IMO.

Where is @cole? :lol: 

Every QB is under spotlight, but Bo had more defenders than just about any AU QB I can remember.

Even with him gone, this thread is filled with: 

On 12/24/2021 at 1:19 PM, Proud Tiger said:

You mean like all the bashing Bo has got from posters here? I for one appreciate his family's comments and thank RIR for sharing them here.

Other QBs here also get the "Dudes gotta be more accurate deep' and 'dude just aint got the arm for those type throws' comments, but with other QBs tons of people didn't pop up from under a rock to defend the QB like he's a 3 year old pissin himself. You all infantilized Bo for years, apparently his family did too. Reap what you sow.

and.... Merry Christmas everyone ;) 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

😀the only rumor i have seen partially true is bo on the bench mad cus he was pulled because he was hurt. and again if bo and his old man met with harsin why is that a bad thing? there are millions on the line right? i have no problem with that. now if pat was making stupid demands that is another thing. malik sure was done dirty in my opinion and i am still sad it happened even tho he will get the last laugh. but cole if that was your son and millions were on the line would you not take a vested interest and want to be in on the meeting? and before you answer if pat for stupid during the meeting i agree it is a bad look. but how do we know? how do other players know? can you give a name of one of your sources to verify it? i take all rumors with a grain of salt. i will always think fondly of bo for playing with one leg JUST like tj. my point is we can hate the results but maybe not hate the player? would you agree with that?

Of course he can't but you should know by now that the board "I Am" knows everything.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Lots of unnecessary drama here.  It's generally not a good idea to burn bridges on the way out in most situations in life.  You never know when you'll need a hand from someone later, and time has a way of smoothing over smaller frustrations into goodwill.  The good times tend to be remembered more than the bad. But thinly-veiled shots like this sting, even down the road a ways.

Gus handled this aspect of his parting with the program well IMO.  But Bo et al... well, seems like the Nix family are more Festivus and less Christmas.

Good luck to him at Oregon.  Hard to feel optimistic about his prospects running a Kenny Dillingham offense, but what do I know - I'm just a stupid ungrateful Auburn person who struggles to recognize true talent, obviously.

Definitely embraced the Festivus tradition of the airing of the grievances. 😉 Now on to feats of strength!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Sounds like he came to Auburn primarily b/c he loved Auburn and he’s leaving b/c he doesn’t think the situation sets him up for the next level.  All the rest, from both sides, is just noise.

Players today are in the position to make demands.  Programs can choose to meet those or not.  Neither party really did anything wrong in that negotiation.

Okay, but just graciously move on. 

Those posts are sort of to be expected by Christians "we are gonna take the high road while also putting in a few underhanded comments and a nice verse at the end" of course the verse is ironic and out of context as no one ever mentions the whole "but you're going to be a Babylonian slave for 40 years" part. Sister at least wasn't underhanded and said what she said about Bo getting a lot of flak which he did. Whatever.

Glad I don't do social media anymore.

• Like 1