Bo Nix Mom’s and Sister’s IG Post

RunInRed

Here's a recap that should be completely unnecessary but apparently is not.

Bo was handed the keys to the kingdom and given more leniency by the AU fanbase than any other player I can recall. He was a mediocre QB for 3 years; flat-out awful in several games. We all watched him throw fits during games, yelling at players and coaches. 

He then leaves AU, with him and his family taking public shots at the program and the fanbase.

But here's the crazy part. Some of those same fans the family insulted are still defending him. Old habits die hard, I guess. I promise I would shut up about it if we still weren't seeing the same tired, weak excuses. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Does "screwing" mean "messing with" or "participating in coitus with" in this sentence? I don't get the rest of it either.

LOL.  I was really referring to the post you replied to, not your post. That post compared lovers breaking up with Nix leaving Auburn.  Therefore it certainly means "participating in coitus with."

3 hours ago, cbo said:

Here's a recap that should be completely unnecessary but apparently is not.

Bo was handed the keys to the kingdom and given more leniency by the AU fanbase than any other player I can recall. He was a mediocre QB for 3 years; flat-out awful in several games. We all watched him throw fits during games, yelling at players and coaches. 

He then leaves AU, with him and his family taking public shots at the program and the fanbase.

But here's the crazy part. Some of those same fans the family insulted are still defending him. Old habits die hard, I guess. I promise I would shut up about it if we still weren't seeing the same tired, weak excuses. 

And correct me if I’m wrong, but in any of the Nix’s posts, did they mention a single, positive thing about Auburn? Like, at all? Or was it just a lot of “me” and “I” and “Bo did” etc etc…because if they did, I damn sure don’t remember it. Seems like they think Auburn did nothing for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

And correct me if I’m wrong, but in any of the Nix’s posts, did they mention a single, positive thing about Auburn? Like, at all? Or was it just a lot of “me” and “I” and “Bo did” etc etc…because if they did, I damn sure don’t remember it. Seems like they think Auburn did nothing for him.

Exactly. Felt very entitled to me. Yet defended by the same types that don't want players getting paid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Apparently AU should be properly humbled that Bo graced the program with his presence

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Malik Willis proved people wrong. I think Bo Nix will too. Malik Willis went to a program that was able to tailor an offense around his skillset and didn't try to make him run an offense that he wasn't a fit for. Hopefully Bo Nix will have a similar type situation at Oregon to allow him develop and produce more. 

Don't discount the Dillingham relationship. As critical as some(me included) have been of Nix, they should at least be able to acknowledge that Bo statistically and production wise, was at his best at Auburn as a Freshman in 2019 when Dillingham was the QB coach. He passed for 16 TD's and rushed for 7 TD's in 2019. He has yet to match the production he had as a Freshman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

II don't know about those two posts specifically, but they have tweeted positive things about Auburn their entire lives.

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

II don't know about those two posts specifically, but they have tweeted positive things about Auburn their entire lives.

I believe it.(I’m not on Twitter)

I was more referencing the “break up” stuff.

I’m gonna take my own advice and move on. 

2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Malik Willis proved people wrong. I think Bo Nix will too. Malik Willis went to a program that was able to tailor an offense around his skillset and didn't try to make him run an offense that he wasn't a fit for. Hopefully Bo Nix will have a similar type situation at Oregon to allow him develop and produce more. 

Don't discount the Dillingham relationship. As critical as some(me included) have been of Nix, they should at least be able to acknowledge that Bo statistically and production wise, was at his best at Auburn as a Freshman in 2019 when Dillingham was the QB coach. He passed for 16 TD's and rushed for 7 TD's in 2019. He has yet to match the production he had as a Freshman.

Willis can throw an accurate ball. And I don't know about that tailored an offense for him. He went there and learned their offense

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Willis can throw an accurate ball. And I don't know about that tailored an offense for him. He went there and learned their offense

I have a feeling Dillingham wasn’t the best QB coach Nix had, but the one he liked the most and/or made him feel the most special. Pure speculation; I could be wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

LOL.  I was really referring to the post you replied to, not your post. That post compared lovers breaking up with Nix leaving Auburn.  Therefore it certainly means "participating in coitus with."

Haha ok gotcha

Coaching dads either seem to cause the son to outplay his ceiling or hinder their longterm development. I have wondered for three years how Bo could come out of HS so fundamentally poor. Obviously Pat knows the QB position and learned under Jimbo. He has to know that back foot throwing, bailing early, etc is not good. The only thing I can come up with is that they were winning with him playing hero ball so things got overlooked and bad habits formed 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 10:54 AM, homersapien said:

Let's face it fifty, apparently you and I are just too old - or at least old-fashioned - to be a modern Auburn fan.

Social media is ruining our society.  Everyone's a snowflake.

So what if Bo's parents or siblings post their feelings on the internet?  That's no reason to start trashing Bo for no reason.  He didn't post it. Let his family live with their own media mistakes. 

All we are accomplishing with this vitriolic reaction by some "fans" is making Auburn look bad.

Really bad.

I agree with sentence 2 100%.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, au302 said:

Coaching dads either seem to cause the son to outplay his ceiling or hinder their longterm development. I have wondered for three years how Bo could come out of HS so fundamentally poor. Obviously Pat knows the QB position and learned under Jimbo. He has to know that back foot throwing, bailing early, etc is not good. The only thing I can come up with is that they were winning with him playing hero ball so things got overlooked and bad habits formed 

Keep in mind, Pat's dad was a very successful high school coach.  He coached in AL and in Georgia.  He knows the dynamic and has also been very involved in Bo's development over the years. Bo has bad habits, but he also has times that he displays very good mechanics.  At the end of the day, a father can only ride his son for so long.  At some point, you have to let others coach him and you have to be his dad.  If not, you risk permanently damaging the father son relationship.  That relationship is much more important than a game.

• Like 2

Two things: 

1. Has any good ever come from passive-aggressive social media posts? Ever? Even if his fellow students and other Auburn fans were calling him mean names Ted Lasso-style in public on the way to class, does putting this out there do actually do anything? 

2. This whole saga is probably going to be forgotten by the time spring ball rolls around. You know who will ABSOLUTELY still be thinking about this though? NFL scouts and GMs. Bo's a mid-round pick AT BEST right now and his family taking public shots at his old school on his way out the door isn't doing him any favors. 

10 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I have no doubt that Bo can be successful in a situation where he's not asked to put the team on his back and where his shortcomings can be masked by the talent around him.

8 hours ago, cbo said:

I have a feeling Dillingham wasn’t the best QB coach Nix had, but the one he liked the most and/or made him feel the most special. Pure speculation; I could be wrong. 

you could make some of us feel special on here if you just wanted to...............

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AUAlumnTN said:

Two things: 

1. Has any good ever come from passive-aggressive social media posts? Ever? Even if his fellow students and other Auburn fans were calling him mean names Ted Lasso-style in public on the way to class, does putting this out there do actually do anything? 

2. This whole saga is probably going to be forgotten by the time spring ball rolls around. You know who will ABSOLUTELY still be thinking about this though? NFL scouts and GMs. Bo's a mid-round pick AT BEST right now and his family taking public shots at his old school on his way out the door isn't doing him any favors. 

i will not forget. i collect auto rookie cards from auburn players but i assume bo's rookie will be an oregon card and i am not sure i will buy one now. and i have never been a fan of milo's tea tho i have never had one of their burgers. but i still wish bo the best.

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

While disagree with his family feeling like they HAVE to post their feelings on this issue, what did you expect?

The family, and we are not in the arena and hear all the crap that comes out of posters who jump on Nix for what he wasn't doing right. I did sit in the stands over the last 3 years and heard jerks call him names, and wanted him out of there.

The family definitely heard all that too, and they probably had had enough, because they really loved Auburn all those years they came to games as kids, parents and now an AU starting QB.

Nut they also should have known failure whether it was from coaching, poor recruiting, or lack of QB play, was going to happen. You have to weather it, have thick skin.

I'm not surprised they are hurt and they are his family. But they are wrong for airing those feelings out....

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i will not forget. i collect auto rookie cards from auburn players but i assume bo's rookie will be an oregon card and i am not sure i will buy one now. and i have never been a fan of milo's tea tho i have never had one of their burgers. but i still wish bo the best.

Would love to see your collection if you have some pictures. I used to collect jersey/auto cards especially if they were pictured in Auburn unis. Had several. /1s /5s etc. Quit collecting around 2012 when I moved and lost my collection 😁

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

Would love to see your collection if you have some pictures. I used to collect jersey/auto cards especially if they were pictured in Auburn unis. Had several. /1s /5s etc. Quit collecting around 2012 when I moved and lost my collection 😁

i got all our heisman auto 's. i have an auto rookie of davis of kick six. i just got a barkley auto out of the pack for 31 dollars. i have been wanting one for years. i also have pics of bo in a raider uni, barkley in a suns pic with a logo guarantees it is legit. i got it for thirtyfive years ago because it was framed in a white frame. hell i have an auto insert of lionel little train james. i have a couple of hundred. i also have several basketball rookie crds and one casy mize auto rookie.